ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The way I see the MLB playoffs going....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
damienblack  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
the angels live!!!

i really hope they can pull this off...

john lester says cancer > angels, i beat cancer, ergo you mean nothing!

in all seriousness, lackey pitches like complete asshole in fenway park. I know firsthand, I was there when he went against clay buckholz in fenway last summer in clay's first start. a 6.34era at fenway means bad times for him, while lester has been balls to the wall since he outdueled doc halliday in fenway earlier this year. plus lackey's first name is derran, honestly? who names their kid derran, even for a middle name?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JesterT2 wrote:
damienblack wrote:
The Los Angeles Mannys aren't going deep at all - they finished 6 games over .500 in an absolutely terrible division. All of the other 3 teams in the NL playoffs are so much more diverse (read: they can all hit and pitch instead of just pitch.)

You can't use that argument, because the Dodgers played their best baseball during the stretch. They have an amazing lineup and could be really tough for the Cubs.

The West is always weak, but last year's hottest team ended up with the division and the NL Title, so don't count out LA either.

Hate to say I told you so but I'm always right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
If the Cubs keep playing like this, I'd probably like to see the White Sox and the Angels in the world series.

loltwoALteams
DroneBurns  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CS's start tomorrow night, both AL and NL. My prediction is that the Dodgers will win the series pretty handily, 4 games to 1. In the AL, Tampa Bay vs. Boston, I see it being decided in 7 games, with the Red Sox squeaking it out in game 7.

So a Dodgers-Red Sox World Series. That would be interesting, considering Joe Torre would be facing his former nemesis team (as manager of New York Yankees), and Ramirez would face his former team. Very interesting, but I think the Sox will win it 4 games to 2.
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pre-playoffs predictions were way off. I had the Angels over the Brewers in 6 for the World Series.

ALCS - Sox over Rays in 6

NLCS - Dodgers over Phils in 4

World Series - Sox over Dodgers in 5

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
mattphi26  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love how everone is keeping the Phillies out of the hunt!
DroneBurns  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattphi26 wrote:

Because the Dodgers will win, no doubt.
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DroneBurns wrote:
mattphi26 wrote:

I'd love to hear how it's "no doubt".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angels and Cubs got upset. I'm really rooting for the Rays. It'd be pretty sweet for them to go from the worst team to a world series champion.
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
My pre-playoffs predictions were way off. I had the Angels over the Brewers in 6 for the World Series.

ALCS - Sox over Rays in 6

World Series - Sox over Dodgers in 5

Maybe you should just quit with the predictions while you're behind. :P

Soooo neither team looked that good. But hey, Hamels pitched a great game, and after the first 4 innings the Dodgers were just asleep. I wish our offense could put up more than 1 great inning per game, but if the pitching stays up like this I'll take it

Game 2 tomorrow. With one of the hottest pitchers in the league since the All Star break in Myers, I like our odds. Especially if the offense wakes up a bit, thought Billingsley has certainly been on top of his game lately as well. But yeah, this is definitely a pretty evenly matched series, and I'll be real surprised if it goes less than at least 6 games.

Last edited by rohrk21 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Tracemander  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rohrk21 wrote:
DroneBurns wrote:
mattphi26 wrote:

I'd love to hear how it's "no doubt".

Because, everyone knows about Philadelphia's Four-year plan!

Quote my friend, a Phillies fan:
the fates themselves have sealed philadelphia sports teams in a tragic loop of failure. not complete and utter failure...but semi success ending in defeat. this way, no one in the city loses interest and becomes numb to the sting of failing short of the ultimate goal of winning a championship. it is written! every four years a team shall rise to glory, capturing the hearts of those loyal, only to have it snatched away at the last possible instance.......the championship round!

1993- philadelphia phillies lose to the toronto blue jays. the year after? back to the bottom of the league... but at this time, who is rising from the ashes of not making the playoffs for five straight years?
1997- the philadelphia flyers! but lose to the red wings in the finals. the flyers trail off in a string of first round loses as the next team develops from a worthless dissappointment into the next team.
2001- philadelphia 76ers lose to the lakers. and then......the franchise fades away giving rise to the most recent!
2005- philadelphia eagles lose to the patriots. thus ends the first cycle. but notice now...the eagles dropping off as the phillies get nearer to a post season appearance.

in between these seasons of almost success are seasons of complete and under suck and hopeful playoff runs. but i have yet, in my twenty years on this earth, to see a major philadelphia championship.
Guitar Hero: Boss Battle Edition

MATCH YOUR ROCK WITS AGAINST 60 OF THE GREATEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME, INCLUDING TOM DELONGE, JADE PUGET, #4, JOHN FRUSCIANTE, BILLY MARTIN, AND JACK JOHNSON, ALL OF WHICH PLAY THE FINGER-FUCKINGEST CHORDFESTS YOU'VE EVER SEEN!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Tracemander11 PSN Name: Tracemander11
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracemander wrote:
Because, everyone knows about Philadelphia's Four-year plan!

blah blah blah

1993- philadelphia phillies lose to the toronto blue jays. the year after? back to the bottom of the league... but at this time, who is rising from the ashes of not making the playoffs for five straight years?
1997- the philadelphia flyers! but lose to the red wings in the finals. the flyers trail off in a string of first round loses as the next team develops from a worthless dissappointment into the next team.
2001- philadelphia 76ers lose to the lakers. and then......the franchise fades away giving rise to the most recent!
2005- philadelphia eagles lose to the patriots. thus ends the first cycle. but notice now...the eagles dropping off as the phillies get nearer to a post season appearance.

moar blah blah blah

Ahem.

2005 + 4 = 2009.
2009 =/= 2008

This plan may have a problem. :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They haven't made it yet. The plan is still in effect for the time being. I just thought it was funny that he believed it.
Guitar Hero: Boss Battle Edition

MATCH YOUR ROCK WITS AGAINST 60 OF THE GREATEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME, INCLUDING TOM DELONGE, JADE PUGET, #4, JOHN FRUSCIANTE, BILLY MARTIN, AND JACK JOHNSON, ALL OF WHICH PLAY THE FINGER-FUCKINGEST CHORDFESTS YOU'VE EVER SEEN!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Tracemander11 PSN Name: Tracemander11
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DroneBurns wrote:
My prediction is that the Dodgers will win the series pretty handily, 4 games to 1.

eyewin8 wrote:

DroneBurns wrote:
mattphi26 wrote:

Yeah, this game isn't over, but really, you guys expected a team that gives up 2 hits, 3 RBIs, and 2 runs to the fucking pitcher to walk all over the Phillies?

Come on, you have to be smarter than that. :P

/me rly hopes this doesn't jinx them for Game 2 win, but 8-2 in the 3rd inning...I like this.

edit: SHIT YOU MORONS YOU'D BETTER NOT BLOW THIS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the phillies take game 2. Looks like all the predictions are wrong. Everyone said the Dodgers were going to destroy the Phillies but the phillies are currently destroying the dodgers. I don't want to jinx this but cmon people. If the phillies make it to the series I think I'm going to have a coronary embulism (I don't know what that is).
I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: