ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Presidential (or Vice Presidential) Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkcr  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This debate was absolutely terrible. Long, meandering answers abounded; avoidance of questions; petty arguments; rehashed statements that have been said too many times.

In my mind, both Obama and McCain lost. Win goes to Tom Brokaw for being the most succinct, interesting, and on-topic person of the three.
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:
This debate was absolutely terrible. Long, meandering answers abounded; avoidance of questions; petty arguments; rehashed statements that have been said too many times.

Politics is about talking as long as you can without answering the questions.

Obama and McCain succeeded with flying colors.
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This debate was absolutely horrendous. Not a single question was answered directly by either candidate.

Here's what I did: I made a table. I made "Pro, Con, and Kindergarten" categories for when the candidates said something good, or something bad, or acted like kindergarteners, and tallied up the results.

Obama had 15 Pros (which counted for 2 points each), 18 Cons and 12 Kindergartens for a total of 0 points

McCain had 15 pros (again, for 30 points) 16 Cons and 12 Kindergartners, winning this debate handily by a wide 2 point margin.

What a fucking shame it is that these two clowns are the best candidates the two parties could muster.
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
pman5595  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anybody see at the end? Tom Brokaw was like "okay you're blocking my script." McCain was standing right in front of the telepromter

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TJShultz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:
What a fucking shame it is that these two clowns are the best candidates the two parties could muster.

Agreed. It pains me to think about candidates that were entirely overlooked from the beginning of primary season, and never had a real chance... Ah, the presidents that might have been.

1) You're using numbers in place of words.
2) You're spelling at the second grade level.
3) You're posting in CAPS.
4) This post is in the wrong place, and should have been in Software.

Conclusion: Custom songs are not your "cup of tea", and I'd suggest undertaking a much more simpler hobby. Perhaps tree watching.
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJShultz wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:

Agreed. It pains me to think about candidates that were entirely overlooked from the beginning of primary season, and never had a real chance... Ah, the presidents that might have been.

Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: dont give up the fight!

www.dailypaul.com
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
pman5595  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJShultz wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:

I originally wanted this guy

Originally. Now I'm an Obamaniac. (aka a raving liberal)

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:

I'd love to see an actually LIBERAL versus CONSERVATIVE debate as opposed to SHITHEAD versus SHITHEAD.
TJShultz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
TJShultz wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:

Personally, I was all for Bill Richardson. Now, who the hell knows. As inkjt510 aptly put it, I'm left with shitheads on both sides. I am tired of choosing my candidate based on who I hate less.

1) You're using numbers in place of words.
2) You're spelling at the second grade level.
3) You're posting in CAPS.
4) This post is in the wrong place, and should have been in Software.

Conclusion: Custom songs are not your "cup of tea", and I'd suggest undertaking a much more simpler hobby. Perhaps tree watching.
pman5595  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:
pman5595 wrote:

I'd love to see an actually LIBERAL versus CONSERVATIVE debate as opposed to SHITHEAD versus SHITHEAD.

Are you calling me a shithead? If so I totally agree.

EDIT: Oh... you ment McCAin n' Obama. Gotcha.

inkjt510  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys notice how there are no partisans in here talking about who won the debate?

I don't know who won. But I can tell you who lost

America

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJShultz wrote:
pman5595 wrote:
TJShultz wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:

Personally, I was all for Bill Richardson. Now, who the hell knows. As inkjt510 aptly put it, I'm left with shitheads on both sides. I am tired of choosing my candidate based on who I hate less.

TJShultz FOR PRESIDENT!
I didn't watch the debate and judging by this thread, I made a good decision.
Bedlam  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellas, I think you expect too much from these guys. They are the product of the American people's vote during the primaries. What I don't understand is why I see alot of people on tv whining about lack of specificity. It's ridiculous when you consider the candidates they passed up in the primaries, people who actually had REAL plans with REAL specifics.

Take Ron Paul for example (my personal favorite). He spoke on an entirely different intellectual level than McCain, Romney, and Huckabee during the primaries, but people tuned him out. They listened to the usual generalization bullshit, the appeals to emotion, and other shit that just distracts people from what the candidates are actually gonna do. If people could actually digest and comprehend the specifics that they are now clammoring for, they wouldn't have voted either of these two to win their party's nomination.

Now with all that being said, it's still pretty clear that Obama's gonna win this, which is fine by me. I don't think the debate is gonna lift McCain in the slightest. Infact it will probably be a negative overall (he came off as the "get off my lawn" guy today, in between the 500 "my friends"). While neither are the perfect politician that everyone in this thread wishes they were (I think the expectations are too high), I think out of the two choices we have that Obama can possibly do a better job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:
You guys notice how there are no partisans in here talking about who won the debate?

I don't know who won. But I can tell you who lost

America

This. Needs moar Ron Paul. And Dennis Kucinich. Both of them (especially Paul) will tell you exactly what the fuck is going on. If Paul actually makes it out of the primaries in 2012, He will get my vote.
damienblack  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:

In my mind, both Obama and McCain lost. Win goes to Tom Brokaw for being the most succinct, interesting, and on-topic person of the three.

Actually, I thought Brokaw lost as well. It was up to him to address all of those issues, and just let them meander on and on (well ok, he gave one liners instead of helping.)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20

Jump to: