Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Any Twilight Saga fans on ScoreHero?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lukar82394  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Any Twilight Saga fans on ScoreHero? Reply with quote

As the title says, is there anyone else here who likes the Twilight series of books by Stephenie Meyer? =3 I'm about halfway through Twilight, and me, my GF Taylor, my friend Morgan, and his GF Carla all are planning to go see the film on the night it comes out next month.

btw, please don't spoil anything for me. ^^ Thanks.
crazypianist1116  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I can't say that I've heard anything good about that book. Apparently it's a teenage love story where a vampire who's apparently a good vampire falls in love with some girl. After hearing a few lines from the middle of the book, I decided that I would not want to read it.
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand it. There's this giant craze about the book, but any serious, respectable critic or reviewer says it's a horrible book. I agree. I haven't read it, but after reading a few snippets, I immediately dismissed it.

I wonder why there's such hype about it.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends and girlfriend love these books.
My other friend hates these books and wants to trash them.
After hearing that THATS the plot, well. Thats not my cup of tea, I'll pass.

Edot: Theres a movie too?
mac081793  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear.

If a dude actually reads these books...then..then.
LOL, I'm just gonna....nevermind.

Anyways, the fact there's actually a Vampire Romance section at my Borders book store is kinda sad.
damienblack  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0wnd1zzl3d wrote:
I don't understand it. There's this giant craze about the book, but any serious, respectable critic or reviewer says it's a horrible book. I agree. I haven't read it, but after reading a few snippets, I immediately dismissed it.

I wonder why there's such hype about it.

The same reason Harry Potter has made like 47 bazillion dollars to this point. It's got kind of a lowest common denominator thing going on, tweens who don't like to read see something that they can relate to, that doesn't involve a whole lot of thinking or appreciation for the english language. Bright flashy lights syndrome.

EDITed to be a little less harsh.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every girl that I've talked to who is obsessed with these books tells me not to read them, because I will fall madly in love with the vampire guy (Edward or something). Men of SH, beware!!!

jaimeclaude  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballcenter7 wrote:
because I will fall madly in love with the vampire guy (Edward or something)

This.

I used to just sit in bed, reread the first book, and wonder why no real life boys were exactly like him. Good lord, what a fox. And then they go and cast Robert Pattinson as Edward in the movie, and he's the guy who played Cedric in the Goblet of Fire. So I basically orgasm every time someone talks about it.

I need to stop reading shitty teen novels.
geome  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only teenage girls should ever read them.

Or emo kids.
Drevenant  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read half of the first book, and didn't like it. It's just your average cliche teen drama "romance", but it involves vampires. It's very sloppily written and the fact the saga gets a movie already tells me that all faith in humanity is vain, for when this movie comes out, %90 of the world population (teen girls who are typically into manga and vampires and that sort of thing) will kill themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i see in these books are mindless entertainment.kinda like WWE wrestling but for a different audience. I hate seeing all my chick friends blogs about this" ohemgee edward is so hawwt!" or "imma go kill myself acause twilight is have good me!!!"
its pissing me off. and the addiction to it is spreading around my school faster than the virus in my last game of Pandemic 2. oh yeah, i got Madagascar
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: the colonel11
stevenlarged  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every girl in my school last year read this series. It disgusts me. I was arguing over whether or not the books were any decent with a girl, and she goes "Here! Read this!" and shoves a random page into my hand. I read it, and it made me hate the book EVEN MORE.

And all of the girls "love" Edward. (The main character) They litterally Gasp every time you say the name. People need to get a life.

/rant

Edit: Also, to further prove that this is an unhealthy obsession:

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2372676663

kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac081793 wrote:

I am a dude.
I read these books.
I'm not emo.
I'm not gay.

Don't be so damn closed minded and read a little bit of the book and dismiss it. "Ooh, vampire love story? That's stupid. Lemme pull up my pants and spit on the ground to show off my manliness."

I own all four books, and I got my mom into them as well. She even bought a copy of the 2nd and 4th book because I had lent out the second one, and I was in the process of reading the 4th one and I was "taking too long."
I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out, but most likely they'll mess it up (and IMO, they messed up the Harry Potter books, seeing as they took out a ton of stuff and the scenes last .5 seconds.)

If you're going to come into this thread and say how they're stupid books and you don't like them, then don't post. This is a thread for those who like the books.

And it is true, there's only one other guy in my school that has read these books that I know of. I've actually imposed on someone talking to a girl that these books were really girly, and I walked up and told him that I like the books. He shut up and walked away.
Lukar82394  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaflagemeir wrote:
mac081793 wrote:

I am a dude.
I read these books.
I'm not emo.
I'm not gay.

Don't be so damn closed minded and read a little bit of the book and dismiss it. "Ooh, vampire love story? That's stupid. Lemme pull up my pants and spit on the ground to show off my manliness."

I own all four books, and I got my mom into them as well. She even bought a copy of the 2nd and 4th book because I had lent out the second one, and I was in the process of reading the 4th one and I was "taking too long."
I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out, but most likely they'll mess it up (and IMO, they messed up the Harry Potter books, seeing as they took out a ton of stuff and the scenes last .5 seconds.)

If you're going to come into this thread and say how they're stupid books and you don't like them, then don't post. This is a thread for those who like the books.

And it is true, there's only one other guy in my school that has read these books that I know of. I've actually imposed on someone talking to a girl that these books were really girly, and I walked up and told him that I like the books. He shut up and walked away.

^ This.
mac081793  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaflagemeir wrote:
mac081793 wrote:

I am a dude.
I read these books.
I'm not emo.
I'm not gay.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: