ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Metal Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRaw  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... my top 3 albums:

1) Of Malice and the Magnum Heart
2) The Fall of Ideals
3) An Ocean Between Us

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tornintwo wrote:
The stoner side of Down, Kyuss, Fu Manchu is coincidental, but that's the sort of thing I want.

JJ Paradise Players Club? Taking a shot in the dark at you what you want...
Yob D:?
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were really good, but I should be more specific. I want something like this or this

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
Metaloid  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tornintwo wrote:
They were really good, but I should be more specific. I want something like this or this

holy fuck my friend that music is kick ass nevr heard of anything like that before IMO the guys sings like jim morrison.

and i ahve a request for you guys could you give me some good southern groups like the guys that do pride and joy or green grass and high tides.

thanks

Raikri999 wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Fun Fact: I am not obsessed with Dream Theater (nor Metallica). Yay for being part of a %1 percentile!
SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!
Knut  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who are online right now, Svartsot, Hollenthon and Týr live stream =)

http://www.mopo.de/plan7/tyr_hollenthon/index.html
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metaloid wrote:
tornintwo wrote:

holy fuck my friend that music is kick ass nevr heard of anything like that before IMO the guys sings like jim morrison.

and i ahve a request for you guys could you give me some good southern groups like the guys that do pride and joy or green grass and high tides.

thanks

Some more like Stevie Ray or the Outlaws? Try Molly Hatchet and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I'm fairly limited when it comes to southern rock but as long as you stay away from Kid Rock you should be fine.

And Holy Hell at my recent CD haul. Byzantine, Zimmer's Hole, Cancer (fucking excellent), Amon Amarth, Occult, Malmsteen, Lynch Mob, Anvil, and Mercyful Fate. I think my Zune may finally be full. I'm also going to order Gigan's Footsteps Of Gigan E.P. later tonight.

Expect even better (and much heavier) updates to my CD thread in the coming weeks. And do yourselves a favor and check out both Cancer and Zimmer's Hole.

Cancer - I found Cancer's The Sins Of Mankind sitting on a used CD rack for $7.99. By the look of the cover (dead bodies on a mountain top) this looked like Death Metal. The song previewer didn't have Cancer on record so I winged it and picked it up (I did the same with Occult and D.R.I. months ago.) What was expected to be a decent Death Metal band quickly turned into one of the best crossover bands I've ever heard. You can tell they were heavily influenced by the Death scene that by 1993 (this CD's copyright date) had just begun to break out. However, what I also heard was Thrash. Brilliantly beautiful Thrash mixed with groove riffs that Pantera had made so tasty. The vocals are rough but lighter than Possessed. New favorite band. Find it, buy it, and enjoy.

Zimmer's Hole - I really wanted to hear Zimmer's Hole's new album after learning that Gene Hoglan played on it (with a guest appearance of Nathan Explosion for you Dethklok fans.) To be honest, I can't explain this one. Listen to the title track When You Were Shouting At The Devil...We Were In League With Satan and see for yourself. Edit - It's amazing by the way.

Frozen is Death, but I cannot die.

Delorean Progress: Still Searching
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has anyone picked up Twilight of the Thunder God yet? Amon Amarth delivers more viking metal, and damn, they deliver very well. I read a couple of reviews before I picked it up and all were extremely positive, so I was a little skeptical. However, I am not let down. This album fucking kicks ass. Sure, it's same old Amon Amarth, but deep down I didn't want them to change anyway.
damienblack  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amon Amarth is one of those bands where they can just change a couple things around and the album sounds great. I missed With Oden On Our Side, but after one listen TOTTG just slays.

tornintwo: I think you've mentioned this before, but is Grand Magus the kind of thing you're going for?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to see Amon Amarth for the 2nd time about a week ago. It was their first show for the Twighlight of the Thunder God Tour. They played about half of the new album, some really old stuff, and they had some of their favorites in their like, Death in Fire, Pursuit of Vikings, and Cry of the Blackbirds.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get back into this thread...

Looking back through the last few pages a couple of things i want to pick up on.

Gojira are fucking awesome, i'm almost convinced that the new Psycroptic is their best album yet, and Saturnus are the best Doom band on the planet. Yay.

Anyone listened to the new Haggard album yet? It's in my to listen queue but i'm wondering whether to bump it up or not.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
guitarroker  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Gojira are fucking awesome, i'm almost convinced that the new Psycroptic is their best album yet, and Saturnus are the best Doom band on the planet. Yay.

Have you heard Scepter of the Ancients?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblack wrote:
Amon Amarth is one of those bands where they can just change a couple things around and the album sounds great. I missed With Oden On Our Side, but after one listen TOTTG just slays.

tornintwo: I think you've mentioned this before, but is Grand Magus the kind of thing you're going for?

If you share my opinion that the albums are progressively getting better, then you are missing out on their second best album!
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblack wrote:

Great band but not really what I want. I guess the best description I can give would be a heavy metal George Thorogood & The Destroyers. And to the person who liked the songs, Danzig is fucking awesome. I especially like the first 3 albums, but he's been really solid throughout his career as well.

I haven't heard the new Psycroptic, but Scepter Of The Ancients was fantastic. Definently one of my favourite tech death bands after Gorguts and Atheist. You should check out Spawn Of Possession's Noctambulant, Continuo Renacer's s/t album, and Gorod's Leading Vision.

Metaloid wrote:
and i have a request for you guys could you give me some good southern groups like the guys that do pride and joy or green grass and high tides.

thanks

Well if you're looking for southern metal, the best examples are probably Down, Corrosion Of Conformity, Clutch, Alabama Thunderpussy. There is a lot of overlap between Southern, Stoner, Doom, and Sludge (if you recognize that as a legitimate genre). So Kyuss, Superjoint Ritual, High On Fire, and Spiritual Beggars would be some bands to check out as well.

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here heard of the band Unmoored? They were a progressive death metal band in the late 90's. Christian Alvestam(sp?) - the ex-singer from Scar Symmetry did lead vocals and some guitars for them too. I finally managed to get an order for their last CD 'Indefinite Soul-extension[2003]' and i'm very excited to get it. If you like progressive or melodic death metal at all, these guys are worth a listen.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Return Of Jake E. Lee

Well, maybe not the return I had hoped for. Instead of my dream of Jake taking back his rightful place as lead guitarist for Ozzy (I've had enough of Zakk Wah-Pedal), he's featured on Enuff Z'nuff's upcoming album.

Enuff Z'nuff's Official Site wrote:
• Enuff Z'nuff are close to finishing their 12th studio album, and The Beatles inspired hard rockers are getting a little help from their friends on the effort.

Chip Z'nuff tells antiMusic that the CD will feature rare appearances from former Ozzy Osbourne/Badlands guitarist Jake E. Lee and original Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler. Both have already laid down their tracks for the CD.

Frozen is Death, but I cannot die.

Delorean Progress: Still Searching
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 47 of 101

Jump to: