Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PHILLIES WIN THE WORLD SERIES WOOOOOOO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pman5595  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE RAYS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
GH-YYz  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAAAAYYSS!

Yea, no Boston Red Sox in the playoffs.

Good luck to the Phils and Rays, I'll be rooting for a good world series.

May the best team win.
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston lost!!!!!! Good Job Rays, way to beat the Red Sux! This will, hopefully be a good series. Nothing against the Phillies, but i'm going with the Rays, just for the fact that they took the Sux out. Great job!

echorocks wrote:
i will never read this thread again we won yesterday!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!
we won today!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rays could very easily have collapsed under the weight of the gorilla under their backs coming into this game, but they responded extraordinarily well for such a young team. Once again, the complete lack of hitting in high-lev situation kills the Sox just as it has all season. Congrats to the Rays, and if you thought they were good this year, just wait until next - Price is an absolute beast, and one of the only players I can recall who is living up to the hype as #1 overall prospect. He has a great head on his shoulders. A full year of him starting just won't be fair to everyone else.

I have to say, though, It's absolutely hilarious seeing all the pink-hat Rays fans crawl out of the woodwork now. They were nowhere to be seen the rest of year while the Rays were excelling (even in August-September, they only had 15-18 thousand in some of their home games... against the Angels, no less!) Come the playoffs they crawl like lemmings, and even then, need phony prop noisemakers and "MAKE SOME NOISE! STOMP STOMP!" messages in the stadium to actually get into the game. I'm sure other fans in big sports towns will join me in saying Shame On You. You absolutely don't deserve the success this team is having.

Matt Garza is a great pitcher, but I still hate him. He wears his hat backwards/sideways like a tool and every time he opens his mouth he sounds like an asshole fratboy. I bet he wears a popped collar when out on the town.

Stinkdog - Judging by your tenor, you sound like a Yankees fan. Even if not, how did your favorite team do this year? I'll bet (in fact, am certain of) that they were on the links in Florida ahead of Boston. It shows a lot about you that the only sporting accomplishment you seem to take pleasure in is someone else's failure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblack wrote:
Stinkdog - Judging by your tenor, you sound like a Yankees fan. Even if not, how did your favorite team do this year? I'll bet (in fact, am certain of) that they were on the links in Florida ahead of Boston. It shows a lot about you that the only sporting accomplishment you seem to take pleasure in is someone else's failure.

Lol, dude Im just kidding around. Yes I am a Yankees (zOMG how did you know!?!) but I just hate the Red Sox... mainly because my friend likes to gloat and always shove in my face the Red Sox accomplishments, so I turned to a Yankee fan to Rebel. Plus my favorite player use to play for the Yankees (Alfonso Soriano). I do infact like the Yankees ( not just because the friend situation) and I am a diehard Yankees fan. I just got exited because my dad was shouting the whole time telling me how the Red Sox will win... So I just released all my tension away in that post. If it does offend you, I have no problem taking it down... And to echorocks, I'm just playin, don' think I have anything against you...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not offended in the least, I've developed plenty thick skin over the years, believe me. Just thought it was ironic considering how the season played out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblack wrote:
I have to say, though, It's absolutely hilarious seeing all the pink-hat Rays fans crawl out of the woodwork now. They were nowhere to be seen the rest of year while the Rays were excelling (even in August-September, they only had 15-18 thousand in some of their home games... against the Angels, no less!) Come the playoffs they crawl like lemmings, and even then, need phony prop noisemakers and "MAKE SOME NOISE! STOMP STOMP!" messages in the stadium to actually get into the game. I'm sure other fans in big sports towns will join me in saying Shame On You. You absolutely don't deserve the success this team is having.

People bandwagon on the Rays because they hate the Sox...I know that's what I did.
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm usually a big sports guy, but incidentally, I am a long-time Rays fan (about since they formed - Tropicana is about a half hour drive from where my family usually vacations in the summer, and ever since I was about ten my family would always take me to a baseball game there... so I became a fan pretty early on) and I'd just like to say:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I knew they could do it! Someday! Finally!

However, I would also like to make the following observation:

you all may want to start stocking up on food and ammo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope for a team like the Pirates?
But i was rooting for boston because that series would get better ratings, but whatever.
Rays deserve it. They have been good all year. And I am shocked they didn't lose. I thought boston had it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, yay rays. Gratz to them, it's gonna be a good series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: iamalwayssto
Bedlam  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
Hope for a team like the Pirates?
But i was rooting for boston because that series would get better ratings, but whatever.
Rays deserve it. They have been good all year. And I am shocked they didn't lose. I thought boston had it.

As a life long Pirates fan, NO. Not until we completly clean our ownership and managerial staff, we're doomed to shit every year.

That being said, GO RAYS! I'm am SOOO happy that the Red Sox aren't in it this year. I hate them even more than I hate the Yankees. "Red Sox Nation" is the most obnoxious crap. 90% of "Sox Nation" is just people who bandwagoned on them in 2004 or people who just hate the Yankees.

I might actually watch this year's world series for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedlam wrote:
90% of "Sox Nation" is just people who bandwagoned on them in 2004 or people who just hate the Yankees.

Actually, the home games sold out streak started at Fenway Park in 2002, a year in which they didn't even make the playoffs, so 90% is highly inaccurate. There are always bandwagonners, even now with the Phils and Devil Rays, but I assure you that only like 10% of Red Sox Nation is bandwagon hoppers. There is a reason Boston has the best fans around the nation. Even when they suck, they still get the full support of their fans, unlike the Yankee fans who boo their own guys and root on the Red Sox during a game because they're unhappy.

This World Series will pan out pretty bad for TV ratings. Nobody cares about the Phils or the Devil Rays, its gonna be as much of a disaster as the 2002 World Series with the Angels and Giants. I actually boycotted the playoffs this year because it was too fictional. Luckily, Bud Selig is out after next year, then maybe baseball will clean up their act and let baseball play out the way its supposed to, without fixing anything. Maybe they'll do away with the umpiring crew in all of baseball as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! GO RAYS!!!!
I live 20 minutes from the stadium and this is truly amazing. Made it even better that we beat the Red Sox at home because everyone here hates them because the fans are so rude, and coco crisp is a d-bag.
Dont count the rays out in the world series...
BigE  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blakstang98 wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
90% of "Sox Nation" is just people who bandwagoned on them in 2004 or people who just hate the Yankees.

Actually, the home games sold out streak started at Fenway Park in 2002, a year in which they didn't even make the playoffs, so 90% is highly inaccurate. There are always bandwagonners, even now with the Phils and Devil Rays, but I assure you that only like 10% of Red Sox Nation is bandwagon hoppers. There is a reason Boston has the best fans around the nation. Even when they suck, they still get the full support of their fans, unlike the Yankee fans who boo their own guys and root on the Red Sox during a game because they're unhappy.

This World Series will pan out pretty bad for TV ratings. Nobody cares about the Phils or the Devil Rays, its gonna be as much of a disaster as the 2002 World Series with the Angels and Giants. I actually boycotted the playoffs this year because it was too fictional. Luckily, Bud Selig is out after next year, then maybe baseball will clean up their act and let baseball play out the way its supposed to, without fixing anything. Maybe they'll do away with the umpiring crew in all of baseball as well.

spoken like a true Red Sox fan.

You can't really use Sell-outs to make your argument. The Indians had 455 consecutive sell-outs and they never won the W.S.

The term "Red Sox Nation" was never heard of EVER nationwide until 2004. Look at things like Fever Pitch and all these Boston fans magically showing up at other teams ballparks. Only the Yankees ever had that.

I think the Ratings won't be too bad. The entire city of Philadelphia will watch the Phillies (as well as South Jersey and Delaware). And the Rays are the classic Cinderella story.

Edit: The 2007 World Series had a worse rating and share than the 2002 World Series: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wstv.shtml

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
blakstang98  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ldog12395 wrote:
Made it even better that we beat the Red Sox at home because everyone here hates them because the fans are so rude, and coco crisp is a d-bag.

You should really see how some of the other fans are, then you'll be saying the Sox fans are saints compared to these. Everyone in Tampa hates the Sox, but they hate the Rays too, until they actually made the playoffs. This is where the 90% jumped the bandwagon, they still averaged a very low attendance during the season. Crisp plays with heart, and for his job with Ellsbury in line to take it. Crisp did what was right for the team, and he made Shields look like an idiot with that swing and miss. Crisp was like Ali out there, it was too bad he didn't get a good shot with his counter. I love baseball fights, I highly promote them, no matter what teams it is. The classic Sox-Yanks battles were most epic though.

BigE wrote:
The term "Red Sox Nation" was never heard of EVER nationwide until 2004. Look at things like Fever Pitch and all these Boston fans magically showing up at other teams ballparks. Only the Yankees ever had that.

I think the Ratings won't be too bad. The entire city of Philadelphia will watch the Phillies (as well as South Jersey and Delaware). And the Rays are the classic Cinderella story.

Edit: The 2007 World Series had a worse rating and share than the 2002 World Series: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wstv.shtml

Red Sox Nation was created by Jerry Remy to show appreciation for the fans outside of New England. A big reason you see so many people in other parks is because they travel. Fenway has so few of seats that it costs an arm and a leg to get in, so they say "I can fly to Baltimore and guarantee a descent seat for face value", and they probably spend less than going to Fenway. Hell, there were more Sox fans in Tampa Bay all season as well, pretty ironic.

I still think the ratings will be low because nobody knows the Devil Rays. The biggest reason ratings were low last year is because, who knows the Rockies? Plus the Sox team was way too good and people knew it was an easy win for them, so why bother watching. And the Phils don't have enough fans around to really draw much of a following. It's all part of the plan, but Selig's plan fails this year to bring more money.

I'll say that that almanac is really interesting. You notice the numbers before the 94 strike year? The 70's and 80's were absolutely booming! I guess we all know now that steriods destroyed baseball, more Selig mistakes etc. I may get back into baseball in 2010, and hopefully those ratings will start to fluorish again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: