ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wizards 1st rule to be a tv series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boredathome  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Wizards 1st rule to be a tv series Reply with quote

For those of you that have read the Terry Goodkind series "The sword of truth" there is a T.V series coming out called the legend of the seeker. I'm not too thrilled about it because I thought a movie for each book would have been the better option (granted they shouldn't make movies out of good because because they always fuck them up bad) but the trailer DISPLAYED HERE does seem to make it look good, albeit not on the movie i had playing in my head while reading Wizards First Rule. I just wanted to see if anyone thought this was good, bad, lame, awesome, stupid, etc.
It does start on 11-1-08 (two days) and has a two hour premier, I'd love to hear from all the Terry Goodkind fans about this and as stated above your thoughts.
beingmused about the strat wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Everyone should be happy with them, except those that demand a clicky strum bar (which I've never understood. When watching videos, it always makes me cringe when people have clicky strumbars...it sounds like someone is playing Hungry Hungry Hippos nearby).
psychoticD  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enjoy the books, we'll see how this turns out.
damienblack  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Goodkind (although I did enjoy WFR), but I will be watching this series, at least at first. Hopefully they can stick to the plots of the books and cut down on the extraneous philosophical stuff Terry is so fond of. I hope this goes well, because if it does, it might mean more support for the proposed ASOIAF series on HBO. I have to say I think a premium station makes for a better medium, because 1) you can have more of the good stuff that will get cut out on the networks, staying truer to the source material, and 2) you can basically sculpt each season as necessary, instead of having to conform to the network's schedule.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodkind is a great author and honestly I'd love these books to be made in to movies. I don't watch any TV and i'm not going to make an exception, even if it's something that interests me, it's too time consuming to watch it every few days. Movies are maybe once a year even for a series, that I can handle. [/b]

THIS JUST IN

ONLY ONE GIRL ON EARTH HAS BOOBS
geome  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, thanks for telling me.

I've been waiting for this television series to start for about 2 years now, haha.

As for wanting them to be movies, you're crazy. A movie could never come CLOSE to doing justice to a even a half of a Goodkind novel.

A television series is undoubtedly the best plan, because for however much of the series they put in, it WILL be done very well.

The trailer looks amazing. My only qualm is that Richard is a little too scrawny and Zedd isn't scrawny enough, hah, but they could very well have done that intentionally, so they can show Richard maturing through the series.

Can't wait!

Quote:

1) you can have more of the good stuff that will get cut out on the networks, staying truer to the source material, and 2) you can basically sculpt each season as necessary, instead of having to conform to the network's schedule.

Yes, but then a lot of people would be left out of being able to watch the series. This way, they can expand their audience to people who haven't read the book, and include everybody who has.

I guarantee you that the schedule was planned months, if not over a year ago; they shouldn't have to conform much.
boredathome  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it came and past and i....was kinda disappointed. skipped way too much and added way to much that wasn't needed. they did a good job with adie though, burt the wizards fire i thought was underdone, the gars weren't big enough, and the boundry wasn't taken down like that. kinda lame IMO
beingmused about the strat wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Everyone should be happy with them, except those that demand a clicky strum bar (which I've never understood. When watching videos, it always makes me cringe when people have clicky strumbars...it sounds like someone is playing Hungry Hungry Hippos nearby).
NimbleTerror  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAP! I missed it. I absolutely loved the books and I really wanna watch this TV series. Anyone know a way for me to watch the premier?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: