ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Zune and Mass Tagging

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phAde  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Zune and Mass Tagging Reply with quote

This is essentially two different things in one topic.

First, does anyone know of any software (freeware preferably) that edits and tags your music files? I know I can edit them individually, but that would take days on end. I need something that tags all of them. =]

Also, do any of you all have any experiences with Zune mp3 players? I'm getting one for christmas and I would like to hear some thoughts about it. I have read reviews also.*
I'll do my loving in the winter

D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help with the first part but I've had a Zune since they launched so ask away.

Right now I've just got the 30GB Zune but I'm eventually getting a 120GB. The only problem I've ever encountered with it is that it'll sometimes freeze up if you change songs too quickly. A simple reset can fix this though. Also, I don't know how you obtain music (legal download or CDs) but if you plan on putting songs on your Zune and then deleting the songs off of your computer (you can later copy them back from your Zune) there's a series of steps you need to take or else it'll delete them from your Zune as well. It's a pain but with all of the CDs I have it keeps my computer from filling up.

Overall, the Zune is great. It's perfect if you want to share music with people and with the new updates you can now play games on it.

Frozen is Death, but I cannot die.

Delorean Progress: Still Searching
phAde  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0m0omod wrote:
I can't help with the first part but I've had a Zune since they launched so ask away.

Right now I've just got the 30GB Zune but I'm eventually getting a 120GB. The only problem I've ever encountered with it is that it'll sometimes freeze up if you change songs too quickly. A simple reset can fix this though. Also, I don't know how you obtain music (legal download or CDs) but if you plan on putting songs on your Zune and then deleting the songs off of your computer (you can later copy them back from your Zune) there's a series of steps you need to take or else it'll delete them from your Zune as well. It's a pain but with all of the CDs I have it keeps my computer from filling up.

Overall, the Zune is great. It's perfect if you want to share music with people and with the new updates you can now play games on it.

I plan on getting the 120GB btw. How is the interface compared to the ipod (this is the only other player I have owned)?

D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not familiar with ipods but the few times I've actually had to use them it wasn't easy for me to navigate. I'm used to the Zune though, and I'm heavily biased towards it. The Zune is very easy to navigate though and is pretty straightforward. It starts you off with Music, Videos, Pictures, Social, Radio, Marketplace, Games, Settings. Go to Music and it'll offer you Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, and Playlists. I never use Marketplace or Social so I can't comment. Other than that Settings is the only thing that has more to it than 'view, next, slideshow, etc...'

Anything else you wanted to know that I didn't mention or give enough info on?

pyrobob  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For question 1, look into "musicbrainz"
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Zune and I love it to death. The interface is very straight forward, more so than the iPod's. The software for your PC is a little intensive but overall it's very nice.
TibsterV  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved my Zune, until Mexicans stole it. >_<
But yeah, Zunes are a great way to go, better than iPods in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
phAde  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrobob wrote:
For question 1, look into "musicbrainz"

Thanks, there are a couple of programs. Which one do you recommend?

phAde  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0m0omod wrote:
Well, I'm not familiar with ipods but the few times I've actually had to use them it wasn't easy for me to navigate. I'm used to the Zune though, and I'm heavily biased towards it. The Zune is very easy to navigate though and is pretty straightforward. It starts you off with Music, Videos, Pictures, Social, Radio, Marketplace, Games, Settings. Go to Music and it'll offer you Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, and Playlists. I never use Marketplace or Social so I can't comment. Other than that Settings is the only thing that has more to it than 'view, next, slideshow, etc...'

That sounds good. Are there customizable backgrounds?

D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phAde wrote:
D0m0omod wrote:

Yes, any picture you want or select one of the presets. Simply sync a picture to your Zune, bring it up on the screen and select it as your background. You can even delete the picture and it'll remain as your background until you select a different one. I'm not sure if .GIFs work as backgrounds as I've never loaded one up but I can test it out if you're curious.

phAde  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0m0omod wrote:
phAde wrote:
D0m0omod wrote:

Yes, any picture you want or select one of the presets. Simply sync a picture to your Zune, bring it up on the screen and select it as your background. You can even delete the picture and it'll remain as your background until you select a different one. I'm not sure if .GIFs work as backgrounds as I've never loaded one up but I can test it out if you're curious.

Nah, I won't need a .GIF background. Thanks for your help. =]

damienblack  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ for tagging, it is free and works great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblack wrote:
I use http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ for tagging, it is free and works great.
MusicBrainz does just that, but it connects to a database to get the "proper" information if it's not on the file itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: