The official Valentine's Day (sucks?) thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InflatablePie wrote:

Davers wrote:
I will say that as a restaurant server, it's good tip wise

I'm a busser, so I get tipped out from the servers, but V-day is not worth the craziness. Soooo glad I don't work today.

Can't wait till Mother's Day, though. =/

Luckily, I don't have to tip bussers or the host since 1. Servers bus all their own tables and 2. the host gets paid more than minimum wage. Yay for corporations. I don't work Sundays so I've never worked a Mother's Day but I hear they are bruuuuutal. Glad you're looking forward to it :P lol (I know you're not....)
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My AP Physics teacher, (his name is Mr. Love, ironically) played this at the start of class. Self explanatory
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InflatablePie wrote:
pyrobob wrote:
WoW.

Skullcrusher or Lightning's Blade maybe? :O
Medivh.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
I'm gonna masturbate until either my sense of self worth or my forearm dissolves.

So basically, yeah, it's a Monday.

LOLFANTASTIC XD

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that disaster of a day is over. Thank goodness for that. Only four days until this:

http://www.station-4.com/viewItem.aspx?ID=1030

meister  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
And that disaster of a day is over. Thank goodness for that. Only four days until this:

http://www.station-4.com/viewItem.aspx?ID=1030

that's about an hour away from me. but I don't have any extra money to go

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Valentine's over, and it was almost a normal day for me. The only difference is that I got a gift, on my surprise, from my best female friend. And then I asked my male friend to write "The entity of my feelings towards you can be summed up on a tiny paper card written by someone else" (Taken from HP comic) and gave it to her xD

But yeah, it's my first time getting a Valentine's gift, and she gave it to me only so I don't feel alone. You see, I'm gay and my country is very intolerant (That's why I was in denial until I was 18... so until last year =\), and she knows that. I was very thankful to her

Also, uhm.... I hope this post isn't TMI...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol my valentines day started good then ended with crap.

It was 60 degrees .... that was the highlight of my day.

I had a valentine, she decided not to go on our dinner date cuz the wind scared her into thinking there was a massive storm coming ... when there wasn't, so we tried to make plans to re-schedule the date for tomorrow, I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies, and she said " that's too expensive, especially after the meal which will be around 20 dollars for both of us." And I said well I'll pay for them it won't be a big deal, cuz we are splitting the dinner bill. And she went off on me saying how I'm an ass, that I'm self-centered, that i'm not chivalrous that the man needs to pay for dinner blah blah blah. So at that point I just said, fine, fuck you, bye. We're no longer friends, I don't even care.

Fuck this holiday and everything it entails. Never once have I had a half decent valentines day, or a legit valentine. It's honestly a holiday that makes the majority of people either pissed off, or miserable. Because if you're single, you either hate this holiday, or it makes you feel like shit. If you're in a relationship, more than likely you either hate this holiday, or you have to do what you can to make sure you don't fuck it up, and if you don't fuck it up, more than likely the person who you're with does. So for the very few amount of people who get to benefit from this holiday, I congratulate you.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sorry, quite tired while I wrote this*

I woke up a 8 am and my entire day was spent between insurance offices, the police department, doctors office, and work. Got into a wreck on Friday, and the person that hit me did not have insurance. FUN! Then, Johnny Law slaps them with a lousy fine, and I'm stuck in fucking chaos. Now I'm going to have to take the uninsured asshole to court. Fun!

The only "Good" part of Valentines day* was when I got home from work and popped in my Frisky Dingo dvds, since I've been in the mood for that show like none other. First time I've cracked a smile since Friday.

*Although, technically, it was the 15th at that time)

All and all, I'm glad I don't have a girlfriend right now. Don't have the time, money, or energy for one.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentines Day AKA Single People Awareness Day is simply bad.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
DanTheBib  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ThunderAlex: What country are you from man? That's awful that they're intolerant, but nice one for having a good V-Day

@b.vicious: Speak for yourself. I enjoy valentines day, because I enjoy spoiling my girlfriend. I always get her little things when I have money, and stuff, she always gets CD's, or we go out for a meal or whatever. Valentines is just a specific day to do this that makes her happy, it's no chore at all.

Like I said, even if I were single, I totally don't get the hate for valentines day.
Now on PS3...
My Below Average Achievements
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTheBib wrote:

@b.vicious: Speak for yourself. I enjoy valentines day, because I enjoy spoiling my girlfriend. I always get her little things when I have money, and stuff, she always gets CD's, or we go out for a meal or whatever. Valentines is just a specific day to do this that makes her happy, it's no chore at all.

Notice i said "the majority" ? That would imply that there are people who enjoy the holiday, and actually have a good valentines day. I find many more people who dislike this holiday than they enjoy it. I've had a girlfriend for 2 valentines days in my life (the same girl) the first year she was on vacation and we couldn't talk. The second year I went all out and did everything I could to make her happy .... What did I get in return you ask? Nothing, she went and hung out with the guy she cheated on me with, who she started dating 3 days after we broke up (after a 14 month relationship) and is currently dating.

Like I said, for those of you who enjoy this holiday and get the experience of enjoying it, I congratulate you.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Some people in this topic (particularly the guy above) definitely need some of this.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/valentines_day

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to show up at this girl's house that i've loved for years and give her flowers and other things girls like lol and just tell her i love her because we've been apart for almost 3 years (went out for 1+). i talk to her now but not going towards anything. unfortunately, she came home real late and i was enough of an idiot to not think about just dropping it off there. yea, life is great

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrobob wrote:
Go to college.

Do college-y things.

Stay at college.

Go to second class.

Come home.

WoW.

Talk to boyfriend and explain why I think valentines day is a load of commercial bullshit.

Sleep.

Just wanted to express how annoyed I get at how jaded people are. Yesterday went with my fiancée to mall. Didn't buy anything. Car broke down. Had to push it. Stranded for hours. Blood in the streets. One of the best Valentine's Days I've ever had. Before I got together with Amber I was pretty lonely and felt pretty left out. Not on Valentine's Day though. Chill out. Learn to love yourself if you're single. The more effort you put into knowing yourself, the more functional your next relationship will be. Stop moping and bitching about how "commercial" V-Day is. Christmas is the most "commercialized" a holiday can be, and I thoroughly enjoy it. I like seeing my family. I like not having to work. I like to give and to receive... be it food or presents. Here is a page of historical facts for you to read, so you can be comfortable with expressing your love while everyone else buys 75 lb Teddy Bears that say "Please allow me to insert my penis in any of your holes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

Why bitch about the commercialization of something like this when you can just as easily celebrate without buying anything in SPITE of the commercialization?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: