ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Community vs Trogdor: Progress thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Maybe, as Guitar Hero is over now, you can ask for the codes of the game(s) ?

Good luck with that, seeing as the codebase for GH2 is still in use as part of the RB games. Very unlikely that HMX will just give it out for free. You might be able to get it if you enter into a licensing agreement with them, but you'd be unable to publish any of the code, at most you could publish your research into the engine but without anything more than fair use excerpts (if applicable).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it possible to crack or do whatever with the game and enable access to codes within the game ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still maintain that Troggy NTSC will be FC'd one day, and I think it's plainly obvious that this is pretty much the hardest FC in the series, at least up to this point.

This is where it would be nice if there was a developed PS2 TAS scene (with rerecording emulators and all). Through the TAS process, one can (relatively easily) shift button presses around on the frame level and choose the best, and from there one can find the optimal method to hit the section in realtime.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
StefanPersson  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is a slow solo FC possible on NTSC and not PAL? I've FC'd Trogdor on Hard (PAL of course) and I find it impossible to FC the solo on slow speed.

Oh, and when/if someone manage to FC it on NTSC, the rhytm part is still left.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
I still maintain that Troggy NTSC will be FC'd one day, and I think it's plainly obvious that this is pretty much the hardest FC in the series, at least up to this point.

This is where it would be nice if there was a developed PS2 TAS scene (with rerecording emulators and all). Through the TAS process, one can (relatively easily) shift button presses around on the frame level and choose the best, and from there one can find the optimal method to hit the section in realtime.

First one is completely impossible. No one will FC that solo in a real run on NTSC. Ever. Not happening.

However, TAS is a great fucking idea. The best one so far. Someone should get on that.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
First one is completely impossible. No one will FC that solo in a real run on NTSC. Ever. Not happening.

However, TAS is a great fucking idea. The best one so far. Someone should get on that.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Whoever manages to FC Troggy NTSC will have a 99.9999999999999% change of having done it via fluke and thus being unable to re-FC it unless they hit that fluke again. I still say it'll happen one day, though. Out of all the people with the skill to FC the song as charted (discounting the engine issues), one of them is bound to hit the timing just right on one run out of all combined.

As far as PS2 TASing goes, I don't think the emulator support is there yet. I wonder if the HMX codebase also has the ability to playback some sort of "input recording" as part of debugging features that were disabled for retail. Perhaps if it does, it might be possible to tie into that.

SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah theres no such thing as TAS for PS2 games yet. can't wait for that to happen though. i would TAS the entire series for beyond impossible squeezes lol.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah lol TAS would be great. I'd FC TTFAF !! (Yes I can't, even on slowest lol)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
nah theres no such thing as TAS for PS2 games yet. can't wait for that to happen though. i would TAS the entire series for beyond impossible squeezes lol.

With TAS we'd finally find out if that fucking activation in Psychobilly Freakout is possible

My goals:
Put an X in this box: [why is this so hard]

stuff i''ve done, it''s been updated now which is weird
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's TAS?

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
What's TAS?

Tool Assisted Squeezing

Actually, replace Squeezing with Speedrun. But why the hell would anyone wanna speedrun GH?
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
Shaffx95 wrote:
What's TAS?

Tool Assisted Squeezing

Actually, replace Squeezing with Speedrun. But why the hell would anyone wanna speedrun GH?

Actually because of dumb bitches whining about using the term "speedrun" to refer to something that's not possible to do in real time, many now call it "Tool Assisted Superplay".

My goals:
Put an X in this box: [why is this so hard]

stuff i''ve done, it''s been updated now which is weird
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead topic ? =/

yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Dead topic ? =/

Not sure why you bumped it just to say that, but yes, I'd say so, at least until someone makes a breakthrough with PS2 TAS or designing a bot to produce input at very specific times to abuse the timing window and hit the notes in the best possible way.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdor always wins, and this time this is the community that got burninated, but I didn't want to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 15 of 23

Jump to: