ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bands you've seen live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaMoney wrote:
Xtresso wrote:
...and going to this. Mainly stoked for The Mountain Goats (possibly my favorite band and couldn't see them Toronto because the show was 19+ :/), DFA, and Lights but I'm sure many of the others are amazing as well

You have to watch Death Cab, Bright Eyes, City and Colour, Ratatat, Beirut, John Butler Trio, Fucked Up, Manchester Orchestra, and Tokyo Police Club as well.

I'm gonna try and find a way to go to this. That line-up is amazing.

Yeah that's what the rest of the three days is for Those three are my favourite but I definitely know a lot more of those bands are super awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past three days (this past Saturday, Sunday, and Monday), I've seen All That Remains, Finger Eleven (for the second time), Drowning Pool, Coheed and Cambria, Hollywood Undead, We Came as Romans, Pierce the Veil, Black Tide, The Beach Boys, Bring Me the Horizon, A Day to Remember twice (totaling five times), and Iron Maiden. And tomorrow I'll get to see Thirty Seconds to Mars (for the third time). It was an awesome weekend.

Others that I've seen this year are Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats, The B-52's, Slash, Ozzy Osbourne, Pendulum, Linkin Park, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Yes, The Roots (AMAZING band live, top 5 of all-time), Onerepublic, and Ne-Yo

I'm also seeing Interpol next week, and I'm going to North Carolina for the Carolina Rebellion (with A7X, Godsmack, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Bulltet for My Valentine, Alter Bridge, and more) in two weeks. Also have Third Eye Blind, Deftones/Dillinger Escape Plan, and possibly Mac Miller next month. Children of Bodom, Warped Tour, Def Leppard, Heart, Motley Crue, Poison, Journey, Foreigner, and Night Ranger in the summer. Also going to The Summer Slaughter Tour with The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Darkest Hour and more, and with Mayhem Festival, and Juanes in October.

And on top of ALL that, I'm going to Bonnaroo in June.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to Edgefest today!! Seeing

Code:
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
THREE DAYS GRACE
THEORY OF A DEADMAN
SEVENDUST
HALESTORM
ART OF DYING
STONE SOUR
SEETHER
SKILLET
HELMET
MY DARKEST DAYS
DARK FROM DAY ONE

12 hours long. Gonna be a fucking awesome day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgefest was fucking awesome. A7X and Art of Dying killed it. 3 Days Grace, Theory of a Deadman, Seether and Skillet were amazing as well.

Sevendust was insane. Pretty sure there were at least 2 mosh pits for each of their song.

Halestorm was surprisingly good. I'd never heard of them and they were pretty good.

Stone Sour was meh. They were decent, definitely shouldn't have been co-main with A7X though.

Helmet was shit. They didn't do anything to get the crowd going. Just songs back to back.

My Darkest Days/Dark from Day One were pretty good as well. Really, the only bust was Helmet. Complete shit.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Sevendust and Three Days Grace for the first time yesterday (and Avenged Sevenfold for the fourth time)

Sevendust was really high energy, quite enjoyable. I didn't know many of their songs and I was rocking out to most of their songs.

Three Days Grace was pretty much exactly how I thought they were going to be. A lot of fun, and a lot of sing-a-longs. I started the mosh pit to Riot, and had got this one lady pissed off. haha :P

oh and during three days grace's set, I had my devil horns up, and out of nowhere a hoodie lands on my arm ... I had no idea where I came from ... but yay free hoodie

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
I saw Sevendust and Three Days Grace for the first time yesterday (and Avenged Sevenfold for the fourth time)

Sevendust was really high energy, quite enjoyable. I didn't know many of their songs and I was rocking out to most of their songs.

Three Days Grace was pretty much exactly how I thought they were going to be. A lot of fun, and a lot of sing-a-longs. I started the mosh pit to Riot, and had got this one lady pissed off. haha :P

oh and during three days grace's set, I had my devil horns up, and out of nowhere a hoodie lands on my arm ... I had no idea where I came from ... but yay free hoodie

Sevendust was amazing when I saw them here in Little Rock. I didn't know any of the songs, but I rocked out nonetheless. Also, Mosh pot galore during Sevendust. Fun shit.

Riot was crazy too. After a few songs, Three Days Grace asked us what song we wanted to hear. Everyone was shouting Riot and he just goes "I should've mentioned this before, but due to technical difficulties, we can't play Riot". Everyone was just going crazy, and then he just says "Nah, I'm fucking with yall" and just starts playing it. Was awesome.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Riot was crazy too. After a few songs, Three Days Grace asked us what song we wanted to hear. Everyone was shouting Riot and he just goes "I should've mentioned this before, but due to technical difficulties, we can't play Riot". Everyone was just going crazy, and then he just says "Nah, I'm fucking with yall" and just starts playing it. Was awesome.

He did the same for us haha, except we were shouting RIOT prior to him asking for a request. Then he said that and I went "BULLSHIT JUST PLAY THE DAMN SONG!" lol

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
redlar  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw The Sword last night, and I have to say they were bloody epic!

So loud, but performance wise they were tight as anything. They played a good mix of old and new (With new being the majority, as it is the Warp Rider tour), and even a Thin Lizzy cover.

Don't miss out an opportunity to see these guys, because they really do rip it live. (Also pick up their newest album - Warp Riders, because it is awesome.)

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw Rammstein for the 2nd time in less than a year. can't get tired of it. i should have gone last November as well, different setlist than the outdoor show. about the same pyro but the ending was the best one; Engel with those huge wings. a video describes it all. the guys are becoming older and i can see one more album and they'll be done i think. they are still very very strong on stage. but with all these intense fireworks and flamethrower, it must be fucking damn hot. i was like 100 feets away and fell the heat.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a graduation gift...I'm really hoping I get from my parents tickets to go see the Foo Fighters, Motorhead, and Biffy Clyro concert in Council Bluffs

Will post again if I get to go or not

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

Old:

SkeletonWitch
The Black Dahlia Murder (never again)
Austrian Death Machine (lololol)
Children of Bodom
Dream Theater
Iron Maiden

New:
Anthrax
Megadeth
Slayer
Metallica
Rush
Buckethead
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Trippolette
Lasfas  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, rolling through the recesses of my memories, I remembered seeing a few bands. I've added links to the particular band's song which I think sums up their specific sound...

Rush
- Great show, I wish I was a bit older so I could have appreciated the drums a little more as I do now.
Sick Puppies (x2) - This was the first band I truly followed. Previously known for All the Same and Cancer. Both concerts were awesome and before Tri-Polar, I wonder how they would run their set today...
Franz Ferdinand - I went to the Green Day show for this band. I absolutely loved their set, even if they only played six or seven songs.
Green Day - I didn't mind them at the time when I went to the show, but that changed throughout the show. By the end of the show I loved them. Stage Presence was great. I would definitely want to see them again to truly appreciate them.
Sleeper Agent - Quirky little opening band. I enjoyed them.
Manchester Orchestra - Haven't heard of them before, but the concert was pretty cool.
Cage the Elephant - Hell yeah, this band was amazing. Stage presence was spectacular. I loved the panicking stage-hands when Matt jumped into the audience. Of all the bands here, this is the band I recommend the highest.

...I'm surprised at how many bands I've seen, I know seven isn't a lot, but I thought I only saw four or so. I sure hope this list increases in the future, I've got my eye on a few more shows heading into this town...
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/8883141-streetlight-manifesto-at-clutch-cargos

Streetlight

with Reel Big Fish

Need I say more? I reaaaaaaaaaaaally want to go to this show, but I have no idea who I'd be able to go with :<
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen much, but I haven't been to any festivals either.

Afro-Celt Sound System (pretty neat)
Barenaked Ladies (pretty great at the time, but I'm no longer a fan)
Bjork (amazing)
Cowboy Mouth (who opened for Barenaked Ladies. They were terrible)

That's really about it.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw many, many new artists at this year's Bonnaroo. It was an absolutely incredible experience, and I'm DEFINITELY going to be there next year, regardless of who's playing. Here's a list of everyone I saw, mostly in order, but some might be a bit off:

Band of Skulls
Childish Gambino (aka Donald Glover from Derrick Comedy)
The Sword
Opeth
Florence + the Machine
My Morning Jacket
Primus
Arcade Fire
Lil Wayne
G. Love (not with Special Sauce, but a solo acoustic set)
Portugal. The Man
Wiz Khalifa
Mumford and Sons
The Black Keys
Buffalo Springfield
Eminem
Scissor Sisters
Girl Talk
The String Cheese Incident
Galactic
Iron and Wine
Cold War Kids
Robert Plant and Band of Joy
The Strokes
Widespread Panic

And I might be forgetting some too. Keep in mind that I hadn't seen any of the bands before this, with the exception of The Black Keys and Girl Talk. Amazingly, almost everyone was awesome. I'll elaborate later on who particularly I enjoyed.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 43 of 55

Jump to: