ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Little-Known Facts About You!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:

Thank you captain grammar. I didn't know this was english class. Instead of you trying to be a smartass, you could have simply pointed this out. This is the internet....on a message board, I don't think the world is going to end if something isn't in the utmost proper english form.

No, but I think the world will end if he doesn't hit his quota of trolling!

Being a complete retard isn't the same as trolling no matter how much he tries to make it seem so

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

There are a lot of environmental messages - "green ideas", if you will - that could benefit from some serious media spin. Those sorts of concepts could easily be "colored" one way or the other, massaged to be more palatable to some-or-other group. Those that haven't been spun that way, though, are sort of relegated to a hibernation zone - bustling with energy, brimming with unchecked rage... but left in a dormant state for the time being. "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously" is the message I'm getting at here.

(English lets you recontextualize even the most syntactically-good-but-contentually-flawed of sentences! This is either AWESOME or SO STUPID, depending on the vantage of the original speaker.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

There are a lot of environmental messages - "green ideas", if you will - that could benefit from some serious media spin. Those sorts of concepts could easily be "colored" one way or the other, massaged to be more palatable to some-or-other group. Those that haven't been spun that way, though, are sort of relegated to a hibernation zone - bustling with energy, brimming with unchecked rage... but left in a dormant state for the time being. "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously" is the message I'm getting at here.

(English lets you recontextualize even the most syntactically-good-but-contentually-flawed of sentences! This is either AWESOME or SO STUPID, depending on the vantage of the original speaker.)

You... I...

Dammit Youhas you broke the world.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

2) The expression is "couldn't care less".

Actually the expression really is "could care less." Nobody knows why it developed that way but it has been in existence as such for some time. Here is one page about it.

Cool, thanks. I have to say then (although this is probably more something for the rant thread) that I hate that expression >_> I can live with expressions that make LITTLE sense in that they, for example, employ a metaphor that has a really, really limited connection to what's being referred to (because in such a case there's a case to make for the comparison, however slight the tangent might be... (or is it steep in this case?)), but to say something to imply THE EXACT OPPOSITE is just stupid.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welp; guess I'll do this.

-I always put on my socks and shoes right foot first. If I start putting on my left shoe first, I have to remove the shoe and then put on the right one before I can put on the other one. Similarly, I always start up stairs with my right leg.

-I tend to subconsciously crack my knuckles a lot. Without noticing, I'll stop taking notes in a class or something and suddenly I'll hear this cracking noise out of "nowhere" and it takes me a bit realize what I'm doing.

-I listen to music constantly. Starting from scratch, last.fm tells me I listen to about 140 tracks a day. Which probably translates to about 7 or 8 hours of music a day, depending on the length of what I'm listening to.

-I'm double-jointed in my hands. I've got hitchhiker's thumb, I bend the top joint of my fingers without bending the lower joint, and I can bend the lower joint and make the top joint go limp simultaneously. I'm also double-jointed in my elbows to a lesser extent.

-I'm currently in the second round of growing my hair out for donation. The first one started in 7th grade and then I shaved it all at the end of 9th and the current one started from the first shave up until now. From the top of my head to the bottom of my hair is probably a solid foot and half of hair.

-I've not had a girlfriend. Ever. Mostly due to lack of interest, but partially because bitches be crazy. Running with that, I've not been kissed or had any of that [icky] sex stuff either.

-My parents forced me to upgrade to a smartphone before I left for college last month. As weird as it is, I didn't really see the need for a phone that did more than text and call people, but I was given a new phone because they wanted me to have some sort of GPS Navigation for me to use to find the different things around town. It's been pretty helpful to this point, actually.

-This is going to sound like bragging, but I finished out my senior year in HS with 5 AP classes and a 4.0 for both semesters. My cumulative GPA for the previous 3 years was an astounding 3.4 weighted, with a D in a AP World in one semester. The problem with me is that if a subject doesn't interest me, I put no effort into it. Which was a lot of classes in HS. I know, I know, always give your best effort, etc, but I really can't be arsed to do something if I don't want to. Just call me a lazy fuck in a reply and move on. [How I managed to get into a school where the weighted GPA of the average person who got accepted was 3.9 is beyond me.]

-I'm one of eight people in my graduating class of 970 with AP Scholar with Distinction or higher. I consider the other seven people to be my very good friends, with 4 of them being National Scholars. [I probably only got the award because I had so many chances to score well enough by taking 10 AP tests]

-I quite like Pokemon, in case you couldn't tell.

-I have anxiety issues around people I don't know, especially if I'm forced to interact with them in things like icebreaker games. I am become SAP, quite frankly.

-One summer I went to Las Vegas and returned short one appendix, 12 days post-surgery. School started up the week afterwards, to top it all off.

-I once jumped off of a 2nd story balcony into a planter below just to see what would happen. I ended up landing in a fairly "safe" [As much as jumping 12-15 feet into dirt and shrubbery below can be considered safe] manner, only ending up with some scratches and a couple bruises.

-The uni I'm attending is the only school I got into, despite this school having the highest standards of any of the other schools I applied to. The aforementioned 3.9 GPA average while the other 4 schools were all 3.5-.6 averages.

I think that's about it for now, maybe another post chock full of information no one cares about at a later date. When I stopped to think of more things, I started the knuckle cracking before I finished the post at least twice.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran a half marathon in a few seconds under one hour and forty five minutes. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, and I feel great now. That is all.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
Lasfas  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I'm bored, let's have some fun travelling down ego road...

- The biggest academic accomplishment I have had so far is making it to college at the age of 15. I am currently four semesters in and 16.5 years of age. I just made Dean's List!

- Because of above, I have been constantly berated by other students (who are sometimes in their twenties.) who thought I cheated the system to get here. Haters gonna hate?

- I changed my major first semester to spite someone. Turns out I liked it much more than my previous major.

- I constantly wear a suit, if only to obscure my age/because it makes me look older.

- Enough of academics. I wrote a whole bunch of music, some of it making its way onto RBN, but I've hit a brick wall where my personal standards far exceed my current abilities. I don't want to attempt to publish any of my 11 other songs for I know I could probably do much better, and if I do I'll feel it as being half-assed in effort. Perfectionism sucks.

- I very frequently picture myself as The Hanged Man, or in the hanged man position. I have absolutely no clue why and know this isn't really relevant but it's my post dammit.

- I have been choked unconscious when I was about eight. I now have a thing where I panic whenever I am being choked.

- I have never done anything real physical and am a weakling. The only bone I've ever broken is my nose. And that isn't even a bone. Damn.

- Before coming to college I haven't really played any games or watched any films.

- I haven't come across any form of music that I couldn't pick something I enjoyed out of it. Because I put a majority of my thought into all that is positive and pay very little (if not at all) thought into the negative, I tend to like everything.

- My greatest accomplishment in life is where I rose $1,873 for charity. Nothing I ever do will surpass that.

- Ever since I could speak I frequently talk to the fourth wall. Some call it crazy. I call it being aware.

- Amongst friends, I commonly break into song. No matter how hard they try to stop me.

- I do my best to do/give everything I can to friends. I've set myself an allowance of $200 a year for directly benefiting friends.

- I should have died on a trip back home to Vegas. A few number of doctors couldn't explain why I had survived. It's a little personal.

- I chew on my fingers until they bleed and bite my nails to the cuticle. Yay for autocanibalism!

---------------------------------

Well, that was fun.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasfas wrote:
- My greatest accomplishment in life is where I rose $1,873 for charity. Nothing I ever do will surpass that.

I remember that. Good luck doing it again with all RBN songs.
"- Amongst friends, I commonly break into song. No matter how hard they try to stop me."

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE FILLY, AND THE SUN WAS GOIN' DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little known fact: I have an account on scorehero dot com.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

Fake.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Alakaiser wrote:

Fake.

No you see, it's little known! I'm a real boy!

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Alakaiser wrote:

Fake.

No you see, it's little known! I'm a real boy!

I'm sorry, I just can't believe something that outrageous.

Next you'll tell me that I have an account on scorehero dot com!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I'd never say that.

FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really from Canada.

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

Wait a minute, do my eyes deceive me? Is that Alakaiser posting on ScoreHero? It can't be, I thought he was "internet-dead". Unless he's a zombie, then I won't be afraid to load up my shotgun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: