ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SHTX Get-Together 2012 Apr. 14 - Contact Deschain for location details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, I sure would love to eventually come to one of these. I finally have a job now, but of course that means HERPADERP BUSY. That and the West Texas drive is still...woo, buddy. Hell, if you guys settle on a date late enough, I might try to see about getting out there.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I moved into a house, in a neighborhood and such. I would love to host a GH/RB get-together. I've tested the sound levels, and we can play pretty freakin' loud before it becomes noticeable outside the house. There's an elementary school across the street (insert Pedobear joke here), so parking shouldn't be an issue, even over the weekend.

HOWEVER

I have 3 roommates, and don't want to make them stay up all night because we're rockin' out and hogging the TV. Occasionally, they go out of town for a weekend (they're all related, and tend to travel together). If that happens and I hear about it early enough, or they just agree to put up with it, I will definitely throw open my doors for a good time. When dates become available, I will update.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know me and Kev will be there, if you'd have us of course. :p

We'd be happy to bring whatever drinks/food/gadgets that may be needed. If it'll for-sure be a weekend, we'd just need a couple weeks notice so he can take off work at Fry's. Otherwise there will be no conflicts.

Also relevant: Youhas will be visiting in April, and he's staying at my place for a time. I dunno if anybody would be interested in planning a get-together around that event, but just putting it out there. Since youhas is a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything. ;)

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooo that sounds good. Lots of time to plan/travel/etc, could be pretty awesome!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Lasfas  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's it been, 2+ years? I'd try my best to make it to another get-together, assuming we get a date and time!
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's this? an actual real life house? shit, it might actually work this time. keep us posted matt.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the money and the time, I would certainly do this! Meeting other people from scorehero is something I haven't had the chance to do yet, and I think this would be so awesome..I'm sure it's going to turn out to be a real blast for those involved .
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm...an Aggie coming to Austin...

Anyways, I'd love to do this sometime if we can work it out

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stepmom's an Aggie, and so is one of my best friends, so that's not a problem ;)

I really do like Hailz's suggestion of hosting one when youhas gets here next April (since I haven't seen the dude in years), so what does everyone think of that time-frame?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister is an Aggie so I'm an Aggie in spirit. I even have a t-shirt that says "Mess with Texas" in maroon and wearing it in public is the ballsiest thing I will ever do.

youhas said the flight was booked when I heard from him last, but he did just lose his job so lets be crossing our fingers he finds something else soon so he can still visit but if all works out yeah, April is a great time frame for us.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
youhas said the flight was booked when I heard from him last, but he did just lose his job so lets be crossing our fingers he finds something else soon so he can still visit but if all works out yeah, April is a great time frame for us.

Oh, the flight is still booked. As far as I'm concerned, April is still a go for me. It's not like the flight costs me anything at this point, and the whole rent-a-car-and-hotels-as-needed shtick is an expense I can quietly absorb. Lord knows I spent the first three decades of my life saving my pennies in a massive war-chest for an extended span of rainy days; the least I can do is enjoy the fruits of my careful financial planning.

(As bitter irony would have it, finding a new job at the wrong time is the only thing that would make me have to reschedule. Like if I got re-employed in March, couldn't defer on taking the job, and they wouldn't let me go negative on my vacation time. A moderately improbable sequence of events, but one still worthy of mention.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I'm going to Babe Ruth this and point the finger at...well, crap, youhas, you told me you'd arriving Friday the 14th of April, but the 14th is a Saturday (according to my computer & phone calendars)! Regardless, I'll title the thread 'weekend of the 14th', and start up a guest list. If you already know you're coming (like I am), and you're going to bring something (like I will), post that, so we can have a good idea of what systems/songs/equipment we'd be looking at.
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY TRIPS ARE SO EPIC THEY VIOLATE SPACE AND TIME, BENDING THEM TO THEIR WILL! Or I fat-fingered something somewhere. Whichever. Double-checking my itinerary now....

Touching down on the evening of Friday, April 13, at 10pm or so. I've zero obligations for Saturday the 14th or the Sunday thereafter, so if we're partying down on one of those days, count me in. I can bring along smaller items that can be unceremoniously jammed into my carry-on luggage, up to and including the Rock Band DLC-tastic XBOX if necessary.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there, and I can bring anything from microphones to controllers to guitars. Also food & drinks. My husband (DeusExProcella) will also be there.

This is already a winning guest list.

Edit: Ah, yes, you already knew that, just reconfirming of course.

TEXAS GET-TOGETHER, LETS DO THIS.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Confury  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have to pop my head in here and say I'll try to go, but it's never a guarantee. But yeah, I'll try to go =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25

Jump to: