ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Your Worst GH Choke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hak  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:

Hak wrote:
I forgot about the last notes in Nothing For Me Here, thinking it was just a sustain. Missed the last two notes. ._.

I would have been so pissed. >.< I have had similar chokes like this before, so I know the feeling.

I was pissed. My whammy bar had to suffer XD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the only bad one I've fixed (lol reaction). Assassin Xdrums last three notes, Aqualung (WoR) Xdrums second to last note, Misirlou (YB) outro chords... also fixed those, but they were less painful so whatever.

Dyer's eve 1591ns Missed near the end of the bridge, post solo D. Clearly the biggest fc for me... but no Never was able to fix it. This (longest song fc'd by me, but no ), and that (most worst everest), I've never been able to fix either. This last one damaged my mental health. Never been able to put my mind into these songs ever again.

*tries to remember first-try-fcs to cheer up a bit*

Oh, and on rb2 voxtar, choking 2 times on One Way or Another before the outro (after getting the broken talky), and on the last 10 notes of Tangled Up in Blue... fun times too
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:

Dyer's eve 1591ns Missed near the end of the bridge, post solo D. Clearly the biggest fc for me... but no

Oooo, I remember that... sad times. I was so happy for you, and then... yeah.

I had a bad DE one as well, in that verse somewhere. I choked LRM after solo 2, Mr. Crowley in the chords at the end, HFT in the last 8 notes, Raining Blood SH on the 5-note chord, SFTSG in the last chorus... all the usual ones like that. Can't really think of a standout worst, just quite a few bad ones.
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
Can't really think of a standout worst, just quite a few bad ones.

Decontrol comes to mind... XD
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following pic dates back to April 2008:

Now, I'd been grinding Trogdor on hard for a month straight by this point, seeing as I was sitting pretty on 63/64 and was at the time trading first overall with eXcelon969. The only thing that would've stopped him from reclaiming first over and over (because he was the superior squeezer) was if I were to finally nail Troggy. If you're familiar enough with Troggy H through a shit-ton of grinding, you'll recognise that 287ns would be breaking combo directly before the orange sustain (I saw plenty of those). On this particular run, it was the first time I'd finally FCed past the strumming, got extremely excited, and in the blink of an eye my whole world came tumbling down around me so to speak. I've always been a vigorous whammier, so when the blue sustain that followed came up, I strummed that, but managed to hit the strum bar a second time as I was whammying. So in the space of a note I experienced an extreme high, and a massive low. Actually paused the song at that point, kinda curled up into a ball on my bed, and shed a tear or two. Eventually sucked it up, unpaused, finished the run and registered what was then only the second ever GH2H 100% (wupun having already FGFCed a few months earlier).

Fortunately for me, I fixed the overstrum the next day. Shit for whammying because it took a while to register that I'd kept combo on the orange sustain, but whatever. Happy ending yay!

There's other little ones, like missing the last note of FTK (cackled like a maniac when it happened, and then fixed that half an hour later), blowing Texas Flood H FCs 5 and 6 notes from the end a few runs apart (that took an additional 18 months to fix from that point I think >_>), and one I hadn't fixed in Calling yet where I've missed the 3rd last note on 3 separate occasions for god knows what reason, but Troggy H is definitely the most significant to me. Makes for the best story in any case!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
However, my worst EVER choke is definitely missing on the bass part of Jordan, past the solo, as my coop partner had an FC going. I was basically looking over at his screen and completely missed a lonely red note going by. Shame on me

Damn, that must have sucked...

The worst chokes I ever that I can think about I'd say are these two:

Dyer's Eve, start at 5:46
GHSH Freebird, start at 6:28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
Raining Blood SH on the 5-note chord

Very good place to choke...
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choked in the outro strumming in Frankenstein 4 different times a few nights ago. It was a rough night. I still don't have the FC.

RobGHH  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was probably choking on Free Bird (Greatest Hits) by overstrumming after the chords (Post Solo). I've also choked in Solo U. DYFLWD on bass I choked at the end. Spiderwebs I had about 6 chokes on the trill. I missed the last note of NOK (GHGH) once. It was weird because I accidentally paused right as the note was on the line, thus I couldn't strum fast enough. The one that I was most annoyed at though was probably overstrumming right before the last note of Cherub Rock, because that song is just the song that I couldn't get. I had a choke on Black Sunday after Solo B. That one was pathetic, and probably the worst considering the magnitude of difficulty Solo B and the Intro contain. TKAR I choked on Caboose even though I had it nailed at the time. I had a choke on HFT (GHWT) that stopped me from FCing it for ages. It was in the RYB chords in the outro. I also had a choke on the last stream of strumming on TWIE. That peed me off supremely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst on Expert: my 1415 NS on my sightread of Schism, which has 1503 notes. As it is, it's my best sightread NS ever, and would have easily been my best sightread FC ever.
Worst on Hard: whiffing the 4th note from the end of Rock You Like a Hurricane. Also, missing in the last 10 notes of Talk Talkin' three times in a row.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two that come to mind, both GH1: Texas Flood in the outro (which is admittedly a bit tricky, but nowhere near as hard as some other parts of that song) and Decontrol in the sweeps immediately after the hard part (I considered those sweeps fairly hard when this happened, but I was still disappointed, and I think most people would consider that a choke anyway).

Also, this isn't really a choke but it's kind of related: One time I randomly hit the hardest part of Fire It Up in a real run but I didn't even have an FC up to it.

iDylan1357  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X, the last part where it goes YYRRG, I missed the G pull up. Past everything hard. Ugh -_-
DanTheBib  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see:

The amount of times I choked on 3's and 7's at the little easy bit at the end (the song should've really be way out of my league, but for some reason it wasn't). I once missed on the last note because my brain forgot what strumming was.

And choking on The Metal. I hate that song with a passion, and I accidentally overstrummed at the last rift at the end of the song..I think that got me a -2/3, where it should have been an FC.
Now on PS3...
My Below Average Achievements
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing the green after the last bit of blue strumming in the GH3 RaBl Hard chart. Thankfully I got the FC later, but that was the farthest I'd gotten in an FC run prior to the FC itself.

A silly one back when I wasn't as good: Missing the last note or two in Balls to the Wall on Hard. I groaned so hard when I missed there (remember, this was before I was the "beast" I am now, so that was a big FC for me then).

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Rihsky  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst choke is probably when I missed like 20 noted from the end of we three kings. Wouldn't have been that impressive of an FC, but it was still horrible lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: