ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't judge the UI on this footage, as it could all be subject to change. I mean, look at the initial gameplay footage of GH1. The look of everything was different, from the fret colors to the rock meter, the way it tracked the score reminds me of The Weakest Link and is not intuitive, and there's no Star Power at all. We don't know how finalized this UI and gameplay is at this point. Keep in mind that they pretty much had to rebuild everything from the ground up. The presentation of it and what is included could very much change, or (like I said in a previous post) they could even make how much is shown customizable so that you decide how much is on screen. That way, everyone wins!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
evilclownattack wrote:
What really scares me about all of this is that for all we know RB4 could be doing the same thing. :O

Given HMX statements regarding focusing on compatibility of existing content alone, that's not gonna happen. We've also actually seen their controllers already. There's also more than just guitar. >__>

HMX hasn't shown RB4 because it's still a Rock Band game and the people who care about it this early already know what to expect. If they had some major change they would have shown it. Instead they're maintaining what works and honestly in their position that's totally fine. They're not funded by the Activision Blizzard monstrosity so they can't take risks like this one.

I'm thinking more about the whole "first person" thing, especially after seeing this: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rock-band-in-vr-could-be-amazing-harmonix-says/1100-6426542/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First impression is yeah, looks kinda silly, but on reflection it could just be I've been entrenched in the same UI for the better part of a decade, and this is a stark contrast. Until I'm playing the final product in my hands, it's not much use to judge gameplay.

One of the articles mentioned the GHTV service will add new songs and have no subscription fee, which sounds great! I'm very interested to see how multiplayer will juggle what sounds like a variation of Party Mode and still have space/modes for SHers to compete.

Independent of gameplay, some very cool stuff was pulled off for the look of the game. Pretty funny to see criticisms of the acting.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchupyoshi wrote:
BucketBlue wrote:
inv4der wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
I changed my mind about FMV if only for the hilarious sad faces

GH Live in one image.
This is the best post I have seen on this site.

I have never seen a face of such pure disappointment.

literally dead

Anyways, wow. I'll give these guys props for trying something new, but this is just not appealing to me at all.

Granted, Guitar Hero never really appealed to me that much in general (too busy with RB oops), but I was really hoping to get involved into it for the next-gen release when they announced it. And now that they have...

It's just not hitting any of the right places. GHTV does sound like an interesting enough idea, but the audience in the FMVs is something that I really couldn't care less about. I know the idea is to feel more like a rock star - so granted, it'll appeal more to the general public if they get it right - but I don't think it's going to be successful in bringing back the hype the series once had with that and GHTV alone.

I'm also frustrated with the controller. I can understand the whole two-seperate-rows for increasing difficulty and increased variety, but dammit, WHY is it 3x2? What on earth am I going to do with my ring and pinky fingers? It's going to feel so unnatural. I was excited to learn plastic guitars in GH3, and Pro Keys and Pro Guitar for RB3, but this just looks so painful to play. It's also something that I fear new players will find too hard - but experienced players will find too easy.

I just don't know about this. I mean it's only been announced for one day, but I definitely don't have my hopes high for this one. Guess I'll most likely be sticking with the RB4 route (and I could really care less if this is made available on 360 unlike RB4, it isn't convincing me enough either way).

:(

Last edited by Grand-master on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Arandomrbplayer
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
some very cool stuff was pulled off for the look of the game. Pretty funny to see criticisms of the acting.

(this joke will never end)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Deschain wrote:
some very cool stuff was pulled off for the look of the game. Pretty funny to see criticisms of the acting.

this is probably going to be the best thing to come out of this game
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, new GH. Kinda cool. Have no real strong feelings one way or the other. They obviously had to try something new this time around, and this is it. I'm glad they got rid of the cartoony graphics actually, although I'm not sold on the live action quite yet (although the pictures in this thread are pretty hilarious). Can't speak to the setlist yet, but it's looking like GH5 all over again for right now (I'm really hoping they prove me wrong).

The gameplay will be the most important part obviously, so until we see some of the more difficult Veteran charts, what the hit box will be like, changes in scoring and gameplay mechanics, etc., it's really tough to say if it'll be good. I really have a tough time thinking it will sell really well at this point, especially going up again RB4, but I do want it to succeed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came back to the community to check out the new guitar hero and talk about it.

This looks bad. I don't know what else to say.

Excited for RB4 though!

e: to add more to my post, the live audience thing is pretty much just a different form of the rock meter. It's not too different gameplay wise. The only thing i'm really not liking is the buttons. maybe when i actually get a chance to play it i'll think otherwise but ehhhhhh

Last edited by CoolMotion on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand-master wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Deschain wrote:

this is probably going to be the best thing to come out of this game

I'm partial to Disappointed Indian Hat Guy, in particular.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
I'm partial to Disappointed Indian Hat Guy, in particular.

I just thought of him as Big Chief.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
inv4der wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

GH Live in one image.

It's up there for sure. I just want to know why there is both a person with an indian headdress and someone dressed like a greek goddess in the crowd.

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
BucketBlue wrote:
inv4der wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

GH Live in one image.

It's up there for sure. I just want to know why there is both a person with an indian headdress and someone dressed like a greek goddess in the crowd.

If you were going to be immortalized in a reboot of a popular music game series, you may as well do it in style.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advanced difficulty at 1:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rFR7fnx-s

Starts looking a lot tougher at that difficulty, since you need to hit both white AND black notes at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just seems more focused on the strumming a la Guitar Freaks, which I legitimately dislike. Hopefully veteran is better.

toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how many of you will do this but I added "GuitarHero" to Snapchat and got to see some great footage of the game from tonight's event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 8 of 69

Jump to: