ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"Technical Difficulty"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hannibal222  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: "Technical Difficulty" Reply with quote

I can't play infected or iron man anymore. Whenever I do, the game pauses every few seconds, waits, then starts again like everything has really, really bad lag. During the pauses it looks like the fret board is moving up.

Anyone know what this about? It might have something to do with a scratch on my disk.
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play a few other FMV-heavy games on your console first to make sure it's not your PS2 that's going bad. If you say it's got a scratch in it though, it's probably your disc.

To accurately cut off each particular note and phrase, the audio is cut in and out real-time because of the short lag needed to make it sound as good as it does. This game actually feeds out the audio as a stream and the game logic runs in parallel to pick up the timing of every note struck. When the song starts, the gameplay and audio are synched together. Someone played through an entire song with the audio lagging behind by 2 seconds and only completed the song by timing the visual cues. Also, I've read in a few places that once the disc's audio output gets de-synched it's the beginning of bad things to come for other songs.

I would give one of those cheap Office Max CD polishers a try, but if that doesn't work I'm afraid you're out of luck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my son knocked the PS2 off its shelf and our GH disc was scratched to the point that Spanish Castle Magic was rendered completely unplayable, we found a better solution.

www.skippydisc.com will send you a free prepaid disc mailer, professionally resurface the disc's bottom plane, and mail it back to you, all for the measly sum of $3.50.

If you can stand to live without your GH disc for a few weeks, it's a far better solution than those Disc Doctor things.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent site! I think I'll send in one of my Sabbath CDs to give them a try.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Hannibal222  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great site other bill...but I don't think I can live without it for a few weeks...

T_T
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. This is a great site! I think I'll recomend it to all of my friends who plays plastic gitar game!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: