SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Any SHers in a real Band?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olle92  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:
I am in a band, there is 3 of us. But none of us are confident enough to sing so we dont have a singer yet. We go through different genres, like we all choose say one indie song, then onece we have done them really good we choose other songs from another genre. We are quite lucky, because at school they have really good recording equipment so we can record our stuff.

We may even start doing our own stuff to!

Wow you're really fortunate to have recording equipment in your school. We even have to bring our own equipment to play. Except for drums and amps though, so it's not all that bad. As for the singer, just put up flyers around your school or something, that's how we found our bassist from the start.

JoelC151  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Well, I'm in a high-school "band" with my best-best-friends, does that count? We haven't written any song yet, but we can create cool metal riffs and jam every now and then. I'm the 2nd guitarist, and I play drums occasionally. JoelC151 is the official drummer. Since I've bought my double bass pedal, there's a LOT of songs we can play (Laid To Rest, for example), but we still haven't finished a whole song, lol.

We're also working on a Metal medley for a local contest, we'll see how it comes out once it's completed.

Lol Maus is pure win.

This medley is sooooo gona rock. Metalica + SOAD + RaTm + Muse =

South Park ftw lol.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: NUK3 G3N3R4L
kh44man  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in a band. I play bass.

We have two very original songs that we might get recorded soon, but right now, we only have our Fall of Troy Covers to show how good we are. Yes, we have a singer, but we didnt have him at the time of making these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc4S7xJ2GKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc6SgJ66XoI&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cGsEdiirWg&feature=channel

(And yes, our music will sound a bit like this )
I just thought that a Caprici FC is more impressive than a TWAT FC
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 264931817962
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a pick kh44man? If so, then you do realize you are disgrace to humanity. XD
Nollaig  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in a two man, experimental band of weirdness

Midnight Daydream

Read of DIE wrote:
Formed during an MSN conversation in 2008 Midnight Daydream started out as two friends who were still learning to play their instruments but thought they could write a song. The result of this was the demo version of "Cat in the Hay", a song that lacked structure despite having over two dozen guitar parts. Several months later the band met up again and recorded their first single "The Unicorn Song (More Than Horses with Horns)". The song became a modest hit on youtube gaining over 8500 views so far. After the encouraging response to their first single, the band started recording on and off again over the next year. With John starting to experiment with keyboards and Noel starting to experiment with drums, the band went back to Cat in the Hay and gave it a new electronica sound and with that went on to record 11 more songs for the album, 9 of which made the final track listing. The first of which was released as a promotional single on 28th of February 2009, this was "Getaway" and it went nowhere. The album was finished on the 13th of May 2009 and was released as a free download online along with the release of third single "All Your Base" on the same day, the album is entitled "For Great Justice". After taking the summer off for a break the band began recording again with a cover of Pink Floyd's "Time" for their up and coming "Undercover" album, before going back to original songs with the "Memories" EP released on September 26 2009.
[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
Are you using a pick kh44man? If so, then you do realize you are disgrace to humanity. XD

shuuudup
I played guitar before bass, and some of these bass parts are too hard for guitar fingers.
I just thought that a Caprici FC is more impressive than a TWAT FC
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 264931817962
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kh44man wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:

shuuudup
I played guitar before bass, and some of these bass parts are too hard for guitar fingers.
Yeah, I played guitar before I played bass also and it took FOREVER to get used to using fingers. You can't resist the smoothness of a bassline played on fingers . What ever floats your boat though.
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my friends have recently formed Bröøtᶏl ЯӑğÆ Өѵ Їᵯᵯø£ǽᵵᶖöƞ (Brutal Rage of Immolation), We play sort of an Extreme Exprimental Technical Death Metal. We are currently in the process of recording our first song, but A few questions:

Any suggestions for a free track recorder? I need something were I can mix previously recorded tracks.
And 2, HOW THE FUCK DO I EDIT A BAND MYSPACE PROFILE TO USE CSS and HTML!
Rickles  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guitarist in a high school band called Me, Him, and That guy.

Our first album is named Procrastination... Not really we just jam. We have a few songs going. We played a punk and blues mashup jam for the school show. We mostly teach each other about music and get into fights about how time signatures work...

We are into home recording too. We got a mixer, usb interface, an assorted array of low end mics, and some monitors. We plan to really record some stuff as soon as we have some time and drive. I might link in my signature.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom's boyfriend is gonna introduce me to his bassist nephew and his two guitarist friends. All 3 of them play Metallica/Pantera like thrash metal.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
qays1991  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
kh44man wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:

shuuudup
Yeah, I played guitar before I played bass also and it took FOREVER to get used to using fingers. You can't resist the smoothness of a bassline played on fingers . What ever floats your boat though.

Well..I was able to play using fingers instantly when I picked up the bass for fun, but maybe that's because I learned classical guitar..

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderMutts

horrible name, i know.

broke after i think 3 rehearsals.

1 singer, 1 drummer, 3 guitarists.
qays1991  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragoninforcer wrote:
ThunderMutts

horrible name, i know.

broke after i think 3 rehearsals.

1 singer, 1 drummer, 3 guitarists.

why 3 guitarists? 1 lead, i rhythm, i....rhythm? or do you mean bass?

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
Fannypack  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Cold Blooded Theory when they first started ( there not big ) but ya thats about it.

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
olle92  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting together a jazz-band! I'm so excited I think I'll crap my pants. It's gonna be awesome. I've got some really talented musicians wanting in on this. All for fun though, but maybe we'll get to recording a few songs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: