Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Nirvana Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackout4  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: The Nirvana Thread Reply with quote

So I saw all these threads about people and their favorite threads, so why no a thread about mine?

if you guys havnt heard them (idk how) then do so lol. best song of the 90's voted on VH1(Smells Like Teen Spirit) and one of the best albums of the 90's (nevermind)

so discuss!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xElectrifyy
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot of albums to choose from (Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero), but from the three they created, a good number of songs are worth listening to. Save for Polly and Something in the Way, every song on Nevermind is a hit, or at least something worth checking out. In Utero is remembered, by me at least, for Heart Shaped Box and Rape Me, while Bleach had it's hit About A Girl.

IDK, you can't go wrong with Nirvana.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
GIRLintheFIRE  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really found what was so special about them. Pretty average Grunge to me. Very influential, but that's all I see. I'm not saying they're bad, don't get me wrong, just not great :\

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
Not a lot of albums to choose from (Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero), but from the three they created, a good number of songs are worth listening to. Save for Polly and Something in the Way, every song on Nevermind is a hit, or at least something worth checking out. In Utero is remembered, by me at least, for Heart Shaped Box and Rape Me, while Bleach had it's hit About A Girl.

IDK, you can't go wrong with Nirvana.

yeah can agree on only 3 albums not being much. but one of the reasons i like them is because i like every song except for 2. consistency. and very influential

my fav songs from each album

Bleach - blew/school/floyd the barber
Nevermind - lounge act/territorial pissings/breed
in utero - heart-shaped box/rape me/ all apoligies

idk its hard to choose 1 from each haha
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xElectrifyy
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge Nirvana fanboy. I love them so much. I think I own everything except for one live album and that's it <_<My> MTV Unplugged -> Nevermind -> Incestide = Bleach -> Nirvana

In Utero has much better production work imo, and more of the songs are better. MTV Unplugged was amazing too, but a couple of the songs weren't good (Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam, Pennyroyal Tea). Nevermind has some great production work but about half the album wasn't so good (I loved Stay Away, Lounge Act, Something In The Way, Drain You, and Breed. The worst songs on there imo were Smells Like Teen Spirit and Territorial Pissings). Incestide I wasn't a big fan of, same with Bleach. The self-titled album wasn't win in my book, though You Know You're Right was decent.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
jamesw  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love In Utero. I think it is one of the most underrated albums of all time. Kurt Cobain is at his most sarcastic and pessimistic on this record. I absolutely love it, every moment is raw and real.

I got the vinyl of Nevermind for Christmas. I'm so stoked to listen to it!

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge Nirvana Fanboy as well. They were the first band I got hugely into. I also can not get enough of Kurt live. The scream at the end of Where did you Sleep Last Night sends shivers down my spine.

My first ever band shirt was a Muddy Banks of the Wishkah shirt. And, well, look at my username, haha.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
blackout4  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saw the 100 most shocking moments in music history on vh1. kurt cobains suicide was moment #3 =[ RIP Kurt
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackout4 wrote:
just saw the 100 most shocking moments in music history on vh1. kurt cobains suicide was moment #3 =[ RIP Kurt

That was a sad countdown. #3 and #1 (Lennons death) Really had me missing such wonderful musicians
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
crazymonkey841  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
blackout4 wrote:

That was a sad countdown. #3 and #1 (Lennons death) Really had me missing such wonderful musicians
Actually, no. Michael Jackson's death topped the list this time. I believe they had a similar countdown before, but this one was all of music, the other I think was most shocking rock moments?
kainiac  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost I am not taking away from the talent of any of the musicians in Nirvana.

With that being said, out of all 4 Big Grunge Bands of the 90's, Nirvana is without a doubt the most overrated.

I once saw the solo in "Smells Like Teen Spirit" rank in the top 10 for greatest solo of all time. Honestly? It's the vocal line with distrotion. How is that amazing?

Kurt Cobain's voice never did it for me. I also think their MTV Unplugged performance is atrocious. Shit in comparison to AIC.

AGAIN, this is all opinion. Not Flame War!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirvana, in my opinion is one of the most influential bands to come out of the 90's. When I started learning how to play bass, Nirvana songs were the first songs I tackled (1 Because they were easy and 2 because I loved them.)

As much as I love Kurt, they say everything happens for a reason. We could sit here and debate for hours on if it was suicide or whatever it was, but in the end it broke up Nirvana and created Dave's solo project; Foo Fighters. Foo Fighters became much more than Dave ever imagined but all for the better in my eyes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iamthewalrus007 Wii Friend Code: 0843467837087239
gx1010  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wholelottalovin wrote:
Nirvana, in my opinion is one of the most influential bands to come out of the 90's. When I started learning how to play bass, Nirvana songs were the first songs I tackled (1 Because they were easy and 2 because I loved them.)

As much as I love Kurt, they say everything happens for a reason. We could sit here and debate for hours on if it was suicide or whatever it was, but in the end it broke up Nirvana and created Dave's solo project; Foo Fighters. Foo Fighters became much more than Dave ever imagined but all for the better in my eyes.
Niravana in my opinion was one of the greatest bands of all time in the ninetys and god was "Smells Like Teen Spirit" a great song. Plus Foo Fighters were made from one of the members too! And that's awesome as well! But WTF is with there song "Negative Creep"? It sounds nothing like them
blackout4  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kainiac wrote:
First and foremost I am not taking away from the talent of any of the musicians in Nirvana.

With that being said, out of all 4 Big Grunge Bands of the 90's, Nirvana is without a doubt the most overrated.

I once saw the solo in "Smells Like Teen Spirit" rank in the top 10 for greatest solo of all time. Honestly? It's the vocal line with distrotion. How is that amazing?

Kurt Cobain's voice never did it for me. I also think their MTV Unplugged performance is atrocious. Shit in comparison to AIC.

AGAIN, this is all opinion. Not Flame War!

i am respectfully disagreeing (spelling?) and just posting a response. first, nirvana definately isnt overrated; imo they are underated. most of my friends claim to know alot about music and dont even know nirvana. people always talk about rock music and will say stuff about acdc or any other of those shit bands and wont even mention nirvana. and the solo for SLTS is obviously not "challenging" but it sounds awesome and its better then hearing a solo that sounds like a 8 year old screaming imo. and i think kurt cobains live voice is amazing actually. ill give you an example; the song lithium. listen to the lithium live performance at Reading or the MTV Music Awards and you see its just as good as the album version, and both the live version and the album version are really good. and there MTV unplugged performance was amazing! its one of the best gigs of all time (i forgot where i read that). just compare the version of the song The Man Who Sold The World that kurt cobain sang and david bowies version and you can see what kurt cobain can do to a song. ill check out the aic unplugged as aic is a band i like as well.
GIRLintheFIRE  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you consider one of the highest rated bands of all time underrated... and then proceed to call AC/DC "shit," respectfully.

Sorry, that just does NOT sit well with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: