SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Nirvana Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackout4  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIRLintheFIRE wrote:
How can you consider one of the highest rated bands of all time underrated... and then proceed to call AC/DC "shit," respectfully.

Sorry, that just does NOT sit well with me.

its an opinion.
GIRLintheFIRE  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read what I have italicized.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIRLintheFIRE wrote:
Read what I have italicized.

oh. i just said that so it didnt look like i was arguing. like i respect your opinion but heres mine and im trying not to start shit. idk hope you get what im trying to say.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with this hating on Polly? Sure, it's not my favourite Nirvana song but it's at least in my top 5.
Personally, I think that Nevermind is their best album but that's cos I prefer the more upbeat ones. That said, I really enjoyed most of In Utero, it's just that Heart Shaped Box is one of the few Nirvana songs I dislike whilst Nevermind doesn't have a bad song on it.
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a pretty big Nirvana fan, I really love Bleach and think it's their best, but like all their albums.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalManiac3021 wrote:
I'm a pretty big Nirvana fan, I really love Bleach and think it's their best, but like all their albums.

yeah, bleach is a good album. its hard for me to pick a favorite because they are all good albums IMO and each has its own style.
JimmyHero33  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite nirvana album at the moment is In Utero I have been listening to it a lot these past few weeks I am not a great fan of the first two tracks ("Serve the Servants","Scentless Apprentice") but from "heart Shaped Box" onwards all the tracks are great right through to the end of the album. favorite song "Rape Me"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read this on Wiki, and all I have to say is, where is this "influence"

Quote:
In an interview with Blender magazine, Lil Wayne revealed one of his favorite bands from childhood to be rock group Nirvana, and cites them as a major influence in his music.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
GIRLintheFIRE  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Wayne's influence doesn't need to be shown through his music. They could have just been a band he liked that motivated him to start writing music. He did attempt to make a Rock album after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
I just read this on Wiki, and all I have to say is, where is this "influence"

Quote:
In an interview with Blender magazine, Lil Wayne revealed one of his favorite bands from childhood to be rock group Nirvana, and cites them as a major influence in his music.

LOL. i dont see the influence from Nirvana either.
JimmyHero33  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got "Nirvana unplugged in new york" today I have listened through the album once and it is well put together am very glad I brought it. I only have that and In Utero I also have an album called "asshole" (I got it from bali) I was wondering if it is a real album or not? (It has real nirvana tracks on it I was curious if it is a fake compilation). I looked around online for a bit and couldn't find it. so my guess is that it's not but never hurts to double check somtimes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised to hear some people trash on Unplugged in New York. I'm a decently big Nirvana fan (have all their albums, have listened to them for years and years, all of that), and I have to say that Unplugged is one of the most intriguing releases I've ever heard from a band.

In Utero and Nevermind are masterpieces in their own right, but Unplugged was where Cobain put it all on the line. It was a side of him people had never really seen - six months before his death and Unplugged is a symbolic album of how tired and agonized he really was. He wasn't angry at the world - he was pleading with it. And of course, his discomfort with the unfairness of popularity is as clear as ever, evident through idle chatter between songs, bringing out the Meat Puppets, etc.

Of course historical reasons don't make an album what it is, but that's not to say the music itself isn't damn good. In my opinion, some of his best tracks come from Unplugged, and he does some absolutely sick covers: I think somebody said they hated the Bowie cover in this thread. What?! I absolutely love that cover, in my opinion one of the best ever. He takes songs and truly makes them his own.

At the end of the day everyone knows music is subjective but I'd have to say that Unplugged should be one of those timeless albums, for the music itself but also for what it represented.
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny. Kurt Cobain is one of the most underrated and overrated guitarists of all time. There are many people who think he was one of the best guitarists who ever lived. He mainly played power chords. On the other end of the spectrum, he was not absolutely terrible. He was actually pretty good. He wasn't the next EVH, but he still had some good licks.

3926 0220 0199 1364
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
It's funny. Kurt Cobain is one of the most underrated and overrated guitarists of all time. There are many people who think he was one of the best guitarists who ever lived. He mainly played power chords. On the other end of the spectrum, he was not absolutely terrible. He was actually pretty good. He wasn't the next EVH, but he still had some good licks.

He is underrated for always being referred to as the most overrated, if that makes sense. Everyone always says how much he sucks for making his stuff incredibly simplistic. Yes, his riffs are rather easy to play, but they sound fucking awesome.

And as far as the unplugged album. One of the greatest live albums I have ever heard. Nirvana and Alice in Chains both had incredible unplugged albums. Both similar in the sense that you could really feel the pain and emotion in Layne/Kurts voice.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
blackout4  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:

He is underrated for always being referred to as the most overrated, if that makes sense. Everyone always says how much he sucks for making his stuff incredibly simplistic. Yes, his riffs are rather easy to play, but they sound fucking awesome.

And as far as the unplugged album. One of the greatest live albums I have ever heard. Nirvana and Alice in Chains both had incredible unplugged albums. Both similar in the sense that you could really feel the pain and emotion in Layne/Kurts voice.

yeah, I have to agree with you guys. people say he sucks because he cant play some amazing solo like EVH or something. but that doesnt sound good. and yes, his riffs are awesome. i have 2 neighbors that arent nirvana fans that much and smells like teen spirit was one of the first songs they learned how to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: