ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Finally got to play Drummania V7!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xusder  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Finally got to play Drummania V7! Reply with quote

What a shock.

Recently got to play the latest Drummania release, V7, in the Philippines. Holy shit, when I saw that machine, alongside the Guitarfreaks V7 cabinet, I nearly died of shock.

Here in Manila, not being able to bring my 360 and my collection of DLC for RB2, I was expecting to be bored to death in our condo, but low and behold, at Glorietta 4/Ayala Mall, there sits a V7 machine.

Has most of all the previous Drummania/Guitarfreaks songs in it (most, as some songs are gone, especially the ones by popular artists, like Bump Of Chicken's "Sailing Day" or some of the western artists like Huey Lewis for example, are gone).

But damn is it an improvement from 10th mix (the one I played way back in 2004-2005-2006).

FINALLY included is a lefty mode, called "mirror" mode. Switches the chart around for lefties like me. The pads are still in the same position, set up for righties, but I can finally try some of the songs with actual kick, haha!

Songs I usually play:

Anything Asian Kung-Fu Generation; NGS, After Dark, Rewrite. All of them short versions.

The two Maximum The Hormone songs I found; Rolling1000tOON, and that one song that was one of the ending themes to Death Note which is a full long version.

The two songs by Road Of Major that I found (can't remember the names quite right now)

The only Bump Of Chicken song that was left behind (still can't believe they took out Sailing Day, I loved that song, and it was one of those rare long version songs I enjoyed)

As I Lay Dying - The Sound of Truth (Short Version)

Mastodon - Blood And Thunder (Short Version)

Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames (Short version, and I think Konami's version is undercharted. Seriously, I was expecting more double bass, but maybe that's the song itself, I haven't listened to Dragonforce in ages)

Most everything from 10th mix downwards.

Getting to play the latest Drummania made my day, but "mirror" mode takes the cake. I would take some video, but I would rather play than shoot video, haha! Seriously, I thought I would never get to play any of the latest Drummania games (V4 was the last one, but I got it through illegal means), only to find out that there is a machine in my home country, what a hilarious situation. And another funny thing is, the area where I live, right next door to it is a mall with a V4 DM/GF machine .

Now if only RB DLC and Xbox live were available in the Philippines, I would move here and rhythm-game my heart out.

ALL OF MY D.L.C. All RB 1/2 DLC, All RB:N DLC, All TB:RB DLC, All Exports (RB 1/L:RB/GD:RB). Pray for my Hard Drive!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xusder PSN Name: Xusder Wii Friend Code: 2904437187104594
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Drummania/Guitar Freaks when I was in Japan. I was playing these before GH even came out, I think it was 6th/7th mixes if I am not mistaken.

This game got me to jump right to hard when I first played GH.

Any other subtle differences other than a redesign of the menu system and changing of songs? Are the timings tighter or looser?
Xusder  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
I loved Drummania/Guitar Freaks when I was in Japan. I was playing these before GH even came out, I think it was 6th/7th mixes if I am not mistaken.

This game got me to jump right to hard when I first played GH.

Any other subtle differences other than a redesign of the menu system and changing of songs? Are the timings tighter or looser?

Hey sorry I didn't reply immediately, I don't get internet much here, and when I do it's pretty slow, haha!

Not much in changes, the menu is still the same as when Konami redesigned the Drummania series when they switched to the V designation. Some of the earlier songs that didn't have any charts for the harder difficulties (especially from the early games, 1st mix upward), Konami created some new charts.

There are some things I did notice. Speed can go up to 20, I remember it being 10 in 10th mix. The auto settings now include Bass, Hi-Hat/Cymbal, and Hi-Hat/Cymbal/Toms (I think, I only put it on autobass for some of the really hard songs).

But most of the stuff is the same, down to using Bass + Green to bring up the sorted song menu (I think that's been a feature in the V series).

Like I said though, it's been many years since I touched Drummania in the flesh. Hilarious though, after exploring a bit, I found one of the old 10th mix machines I used to play with, stuffed in the back of the arcade. It still works, although the pads need a little more force to register, haha!

ALL OF MY D.L.C. All RB 1/2 DLC, All RB:N DLC, All TB:RB DLC, All Exports (RB 1/L:RB/GD:RB). Pray for my Hard Drive!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xusder PSN Name: Xusder Wii Friend Code: 2904437187104594
Xusder  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, just got back to the states. Makes me sad, no more Drummania.

I mean, there were tons of different machines in lots of different places.

DM/GF V3 machine at the Ayala Center Timezone in Cebu (The CRT screen was failing and the hi-hat was overhitting, but the Kick pedal was awesome).

DM/GF V4 machine at the Rockwell Power Plant Arcade in Manila (Hi-hat was loose and not sensitive enough).

DM/GF V5 machine at the SM Megamall Timezone Arcade in Manila (Kick pedal was crap and the cymbal wouldn't register hits, and this machine was the first time I had seen "mirror" mode).

DM/GF V7 machine at the Glorietta 4 Timezone Arcade in Manila (Perfect, maybe a little work on the kick pedal, but all the pads were in great shape and very responsive).

Plus I spotted a couple of GF/DM 10th Mix machines in the backs of these places, usually in great/okay condition, in which case I would go and play on these machines for sentimental value (and the fact that they were cheaper to play on, haha).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: