SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2003041 - GH3 Score Grind Continues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast and the Harlot Bump

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, BaTH FC is pretty sick! I remember it taking me foreeeeeever when I first got the game, good job!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bridge after the solo can be pretty tricky, nice FC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Performance mode stuff.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STREAM IS LIVE
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gh-rb-meh-time

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping to remind myself to update. Can't believe that was back in 2011... I've been thinking of getting back to unfinished business with reworking all my scores lately, so that's something I'd love to do, continuing where I left off in GH3. Can't believe last time I even really grinded was 2019. I've also got some replacement strum switches for my xplorer that I'm looking to order so that will hopefully get me to actually get some PC stuff going again too, though I'm most likely going to need to get Clone Hero for that which I'm not 100% thrilled with but gives me excuse to get some GHL stuff as well to give myself some extra practice whenever I do that grind. Main thing I'm gonna do for the front is just update and see what important dates I can mark off.

VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gool luck with your grinds! Looking forward for some new FCs

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So interesting little weekend here. Managed on Saturday to make it through the quickplay songs with not too much issue, tho I had to get re-used to the C notations for Cities. Helicopter I wish I could've gotten the squeeze in the 16ths much better for 352k but w/e. 77k improvement just with that batch. Went today to start work on the bonus songs only to notice during Avalancha that my 360 GH5tar was starting to overstrum. I swapped to PS3 at that point and did Avalancha and In The Belly Of A Shark. Even tho I managed about 23k from those songs, I'm not too particularly happy with the scores and think they can improve once I can fix the 360 guitar. I've got a broken GH5tar in my closet somewhere so I'll see what I can do in terms of swapping that strum switch soon. Speaking of strum switches, I ended up ordering 2 sets for the xplorer so I can get to PC sooner rather than later. My speed, dexterity, and endurance just need work especially for when I tackle some of the later games.

Bonus Note: This officially puts me in the Top 300 for GH3!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided while I wait for the soldering stuff I ordered to arrive to try and swap the switches in my GH5tar, I decided to pull out the DS and see what I could improve there the last few days. I'm trying to play with the strap off but definitely need to keep an eye on how much I'm playing with how my hand's getting with it. Have increased that total just over 224k which is a nice bump including these 2 FCs. Can definitely get a couple more with some luck, tho I'm trying not to just grind one song at a time. I also had a really amazing score run for I Don't Wanna Stop only to fail in the solo and lose that score.... I wanna say I was in the 220k area when I reached the solo, but could be off a little.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 more days of OT and I added about 292.4k to my total. I think I could get somewhere in the 7.4-7.5m range for score, but I keep getting absolutely screwed with I Don't Wanna Stop. I've had at least 2 if not 3 runs FC up to the solo with a real good score only to fail in it every time.... It's probably the most frustrating song of them all for the grind just because of that chance of failure. Also I reaaaally wish I knew about DS capture cards way back in the day because I tried to stream this and lmfao everyone was complaining about the shaking DS. Side note is that the soldering stuff I ordered is already starting to come in so that'll hopefully be soon that I can get my xbox guitar sorted out.

EDIT: I would also like to add its been nice seeing someone other than me on the front page working on DS stuff as well.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no clue how you can manage that, I had trouble on medium and how 'bout not talking about hand pain.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
no clue how you can manage that, I had trouble on medium and how 'bout not talking about hand pain.

I totally feel ya on that. a few times when going grinding on some songs and after the 4 hour sessions, the left hand definitely doesn't feel the best, but honestly I think one of the things that's helped me is to swap between songs after a bit. I say that the night after getting a random 100% run on Anna Molly which led to a 2 hour grind of that one song to no avail on the FC. Weird thing is it's primarily the single notes in the verses that are messing with me. I also just removed the strap which makes it a bit nicer on the hand in terms of any pain, tho it can make the grip rough at times with how my play style is...

Side note to this too is that I got the majority of my soldering stuff and am just waiting on getting a stand before digging into my switch replacement projects. My xplorer switches came in as well which is really sweet so 2 birds with 1 stone.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOT games are awful. I can deal with the weird hand positioning and finger grip, but the strumming is just impossible. I haven't played in a long time but I know that made every song 10x harder because it's so easy to drop strums on this engine...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work on the OT stuff. It really brought your total up on the Grand Total column this update. I have to agree with Alex, the sheer tenacity to play OT on anything above Medium is very deserving of respect. Great work, good luck on your future endeavors.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
GHOT games are awful. I can deal with the weird hand positioning and finger grip, but the strumming is just impossible. I haven't played in a long time but I know that made every song 10x harder because it's so easy to drop strums on this engine...

bushidox wrote:
Great work on the OT stuff. It really brought your total up on the Grand Total column this update. I have to agree with Alex, the sheer tenacity to play OT on anything above Medium is very deserving of respect. Great work, good luck on your future endeavors.

Ogawd tell me about it... I've lost so many FC chances just because of this freaking engine. Worse part is if it's not a strum I'm missing, it's an activation that doesn't happen even when I tap on the SP bar. Honestly feel like I could have at least 2-3 more FCs than I currently do now just with it. And thanks bushi as well, just kinda hoping I can get back to full sized guitar nans soon cuz man there's tons of points I can easily get there with the new school games... Btw since last update I've done some really good work with Heaven and this is one of those songs that should be FCed by this point but noep... 3rd activation is also an absolute pain to get right not to overlap the phrase you get right after......

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: