ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero is dead? (No more DLC, no game in 2011)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
jesus this is 2+ straight pages of lists of GH equipment and their current condition.

Can we please turn that into a separate thread or change the subject?

Yeah, let's talk about the actual subject of this thread. Not mad or anything, just sayin'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theherofeed.com/2269/opinion-the-future-of-guitar-hero

Thoughts?

I was writing this a few days before the news happened but I figure I might as well share the article and generate some discussion
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
jesus this is 2+ straight pages of lists of GH equipment and their current condition.

Can we please turn that into a separate thread or change the subject?

Haha yea, I dunno where it all came from. I think there is a level of worry now that GH is gone (for the time being) that instruments will break and there will be no place to replace them. I think it's worth noting which ones are consistently the best guitars (typically Xplorers or GH5/WOR guitars on 360 and PS3, and SG's on PS2), so we can go get more while they're still on the shelves.

Even though it seemed pretty off topic, I think the data is well noted. Even the most avid Rock Band players will want to pick a GH guitar before the working ones are virtually impossible to find. Cause even though some GH-model guitars don't work as good as they should, the RB guitars have an even worse track record.

Also, toymachine great article.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This would be perfect for my ideal game Guitar Hero: Slayer!

OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS HOW MUCH WIN I FEEL IN THIS SENTENCE.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you for being a part of this community and all 3 MILLION of you rock! \m/ \m/ In thanks for your continued support, we've decided to celebrate by releasing some more downloadable content. Details coming soon...

from facebook

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often

Last edited by ElementOfZero on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unexpected and pretty nice. this makes that thread counting possible FCs all wrong now though..... oh well
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
graymatterpdx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://theherofeed.com/2269/opinion-the-future-of-guitar-hero

Thoughts?

On the subject of game mechanics:

When I heard that GH Van Halen was coming out, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce an "Expert+" mode for guitar, along with a new controller. My ideas:

* Extend from 5 to 8 fret buttons. 8 frets would not be an impossible change to the look/feel of the highway but would be a big step up in game challenge and would open up charting possibilities immensely. Right-hand tapping would become a must when tapped notes are charted onto the three higher frets between notes on the original GRYBO.

* Add a "bend" feature to the fret buttons, where you have to push them up or down like bending a real guitar string in order to get credit for the note. Same thought on the whammy bar, as you suggested in your article.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem Guitar Hero has with innovation is that much of it depends on hardware changes. Adding drums/frets/other things may increase the enjoyment of the game but it means a whole new wave of controllers. This kind of cycle won't go over well with casual players or hardcore players because we don't have the space nor money to keep buying new hardware that, as the last couple pages show, may not even be that reliable. While I would likely enjoy small changes that can still be played with current hardware (necessary whammy) I don' think thats the direction the franchise can take unless they are content with the series as it is now (and they obviously aren't...)
Benster26  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm late but, I had to say something.

This is so bad, I know I wasnt here or even playing gh during the glory days of gh1,2 and 80's but when I bought gh3 it was possible the best first impression of a game that I had ever had. And since then, besides the last six months, I've been a avid gh fan getting all the main games on the night they came out and playing the shit out of them.

I guess I have to play through ghwor again... se if I've still got it

RIP GH Gone but never forgotten

Back on the 11th!
Garwood  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we're seemingly just about entirely out of New DLC I want some opinions.

What is some DLC packs that you initially overlooked but then went back and are glad you purchased?

Personally I recently picked up the Flogging Molly pack and I'm really enjoying it on Drums and guitar. I also overlooked Steely Dan initially and Bodhisattva has become one of my favorite tracks to play.

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garwood wrote:
Now that we're seemingly just about entirely out of New DLC I want some opinions.

What is some DLC packs that you initially overlooked but then went back and are glad you purchased?

Two words: Phish pack

Anyone that plays rhythm games is doing a serious disservice to themselves by not owning that pack.

Same goes for camel's night out (unless you exclusively play vox >_>)
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back and grabbed about 2k points of leftover DLC, not everything though, but I grabbed two Slash songs I had passed over, I think a Blink 182 song, and some other rock things for stuff that sounded good to play that I haven't played complete yet. Definitely would recommend the Slash stuff. It all seemed pretty fun.

Still might grab the Phish pack, but I'll probably end up passing on that, still hoping something good will end the DLC, since the last pack was nearly a complete pass aside from the Bad Religion song, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for too much lol
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude. the phish pack is one of the best dlc packs in all of gh. get it.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I am the biggest fan of the Phish pack. I have it, but aside from the solos I didn't find the songs to be too much fun.
If you play drums get All the World is Mad, it has a great drum track.
And one of my favorite tracks overall would be The Silence is Deafening, has an awesome guitar and drum chart.

Deedooh  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero does not die because Activision stops DLC!!

Me - as an ex gh-guitar virtuoso (well quite), is still around drumming away daily in GH:GH and GH:WT.

I won't quit, and if you don't either - Guitar Hero *lives*.

See you folks online!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27

Jump to: