Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The official Valentine's Day (sucks?) thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: The official Valentine's Day (sucks?) thread Reply with quote

What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

Me, being miserably single in a "Love someone who doesn't love you back" situation, I'm going to watch college basketball until my heart starts bleeding. Or at least I would if it wasn't already dead.

And even if I was in a relationship of some sort, I'd still hate Valentine's Day because I view it as a bunch of pretentious lovey-dovey crap that involves spending money.

What are your thoughts/plans?
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine's Day is also my brother's birthday (and I hate my brother), so I don't celebrate it. It makes it weird for me and whatnot. There is a girl I plan to ask out on the 15th, though. That's as close as I'll get.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
meister  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at a point where I need to get my life in order before thinking about relationships, so it is just another day to me but it's good because an awesome valentine's day pack came out for RB (which I am waiting a little while to get, unfortunately)

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: The official Valentine's Day (sucks?) thread Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:

Me, being miserably single in a "Love someone who doesn't love you back" situation, I'm going to watch college basketball until my heart starts bleeding. Or at least I would if it wasn't already dead.

Substitute basketball for hockey and you've got my plans! Oh, and maybe crying into a Snuggie and eating a quart of ice cream.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, just another day for me. I'm not currently dating right now, but even when I was, I never made a big deal out of this day. Honestly, I feel like this day is aimed at kids giving out Valentine cards anymore. Just another holiday the market can milk the economy. I don't know. Not that big of a deal for me. I will say that as a restaurant server, it's good tip wise
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: The official Valentine's Day (sucks?) thread Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:

Substitute basketball for hockey and you've got my plans! Oh, and maybe crying into a Snuggie and eating a quart of ice cream.

There we go. Maybe I should just grab a whole damn jug of ice cream from the cafeteria and eat that.
TQSG  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to dress up in my fancy clothes to go out to eat sushi with my girlfriend.

Life's good.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the gym and then class, then I'm gonna come home and watch anime till I fall asleep. So basically it's a Monday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQSG wrote:
I'm going to dress up in my fancy clothes to go out to eat sushi with my girlfriend.

Life's good.

Hmm... I think I may just do the same (except with my friend that is a girl who is not my girlfriend [yet]).
Set all the tax rates to 9.
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's just another day to me as it always is. Even if I ever were in a relationship, I don't think I would pin much significance on this one day anyway. Seems like the only reason this day really has much significance anymore is because greeting card companies tell you it does so they can make a profit off of you. Screw that.

Me, I'll spend this day working, watching college hoops, possibly getting a head start on my homework (that's wishful thinking), pondering/worrying about my future, being a hermit/recluse, and staying up way too late for no real reason. All in all, I imagine it will just be another typical day in the life of me.
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to college.

Do college-y things.

Stay at college.

Go to second class.

Come home.

WoW.

Talk to boyfriend and explain why I think valentines day is a load of commercial bullshit.

Sleep.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

normal day of a normal life. nothing special other than play GH.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to school.

Try to get through the day without talking to anyone.

Come home.

Do the entire month-long project that is due tomorrow.

Yup, just another regular monday.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11yearoldkid wrote:
Go to school.

Try to get through the day without talking to anyone.

Come home.

Do the entire month-long project that is due tomorrow.

Yup, just another regular monday.

This exactly.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We celebrated Valentines all day yesterday. Italian food for lunch, steak/shrimp for dinner, and then vidya games all evening long.

Today my husband will be working 3-close, and I work 9-6. So we won't really see each other, as usual on Mondays... :/

Don't really expect anything else of importance to happen. I think he knows I would get mad at him if he wasted money on candy or flowers (Valentines is a little different when you're married... then it's "our" money, so its basically like buying yourself flowers... so I say just skip it lol and buy food/games instead). :p Instead we each just picked out a new game and called that Valentines haha.

I don't really mind V-day... who is going to an argue with a good excuse to do something enjoyable? It only sucks if you let it suck. I just hate when people get a card and flowers because they feel like they have to or because the media says so. Then it doesn't mean anything. At least in our case we went and got stuff we could do together and enjoy.

Does anyone else remember Valentines Day in elementary school? When everyone was friends and it was just an all-day party with candy and cupcakes and valentines and coloring. Man... those were the days.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: