ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
EXCELLENT Deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: EXCELLENT Deal Reply with quote

http://c.toysrus.com/qrp1/?url=qrp1

GO![/url]
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a smart phone, but $15 for any GH or DJ Hero bundle is an absolute steal.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
I don't have a smart phone, but $15 for any GH or DJ Hero bundle is an absolute steal.

Heck, it even makes Tony Hawk a good buy.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, picked this up today. $21.76 after everything. I wanted to get the full band bundle but it wouldn't let me (yes i read the coupon, but couldn't hurt to try).

Such a perfect time to upgrade. Heck, if you've wanted this or even need a new guitar, get this.

Probably gonna order a copy for the Wii...maybe. (edit: out of stock online except for 360 )

I should add that the band bundles are also $89.99. Pretty good but not worth the extra $75 for a mic and drum kit..lol.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Garwood  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ How long is this deal good for and can I print out the coupon? I would totally buy DJ hero if i could get a bundle for only $15.

BAH forget it. There aren't any stores near me that are even carrying it.

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
Are people able to print the coupon out and show it to the cashiers at Toys R'Us? I'm one of those people who doesn't have a smartphone

The WoR guitar bundle is at a sweet price, even though I don't need a guitar. Decisions, decisions..

Garwood wrote:
^ How long is this deal good for and can I print out the coupon? I would totally buy DJ hero if i could get a bundle for only $15.

BAH forget it. There aren't any stores near me that are even carrying it.

It's from today until July 23rd. You can print out the coupon. The guy looked at my phone and manually typed in the code. They can do that. I would get one purely for resale value...you could make at least double online, or at a market.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theherofeed.com/3026/guitar-herodj-hero-bundles-clearanced-at-sears-and-toys-r-us/

Quote:
Sure, it sucks when a series you love goes on hiatus, but with over-saturation and brand fallout comes a silver lining: excellent clearance sales on the remaining merchandise. That’s just what’s happening at a couple of nationwide retailers at this very moment.

The first clearance sale, which is a part of a larger video game clearance, is found at Sears stores across the country. In addition to $20 Silver Playstation 2 Slims, $5 Resistance 2′s, and $3 DS games, you can find guitar bundles of Guitar Hero 5 for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Nintendo Wii for $15.

If you’re in the market for a new guitar, we cannot recommend the Guitar Hero 5 guitar enough. In my opinion, it is the best guitar ever released on current generation consoles. While at Sears, keep your eyes open for DJ Hero bundles in the clearance section. While rare, remaining DJ Hero bundles should be hovering between $15 and $25, depending on availability.

If that doesn’t quite strike your fancy, or you don’t have a Sears around you, Toys ‘R’ Us is also having a sale that allows you to pick up any Guitar Hero or DJ Hero bundle (minus the “super” or “full-band” bundles) for only $15 each! If you want to take advantage of this deal in person, simply display the below barcode to the cashier. If you’d like to rock this deal online, just enter code #946607 at checkout. You may want to hurry on this deal, as it sounds as though some people over at CheapAssGamer.com have heard rumors of a memo going out to managers to pull this deal.

Happy hunting and let us know what deals you were able to snag up!

I just might head over to Sears and get me another 5Tar for $15 thats not bad. Might grab a spare PS2 for $20 too, if nothing else its a decent DVD player.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHeroFeed wrote:
UPDATE: Toys ‘R’ Us has canceled all online orders regarding this deal and our commenters and Twitter followers have reported that managers and cashiers are calling it a “hoax.” Oddly enough, the coupon code worked online last night on ToysRUs.com, so we’re not sure how exactly a “hoax coupon” ends up working on the official website. As of now, however, it appears as though the Toys ‘R’ Us deal listed below is dead.

Interesting, hope you guys acted fast on this deal.
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a fake or something? i called sears also, they looked up the coupon number, and said it doesn't even exist. i'm way too skeptical about this.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
TheHeroFeed wrote:
UPDATE: Toys ‘R’ Us has canceled all online orders regarding this deal and our commenters and Twitter followers have reported that managers and cashiers are calling it a “hoax.” Oddly enough, the coupon code worked online last night on ToysRUs.com, so we’re not sure how exactly a “hoax coupon” ends up working on the official website. As of now, however, it appears as though the Toys ‘R’ Us deal listed below is dead.

Interesting, hope you guys acted fast on this deal.

...the hell?

I'm sorry if I misled you guys at all, but that's crazy weird that the coupon would work both online and in-store, yet it's a "hoax".
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd believe the "hoax" line about as far as I could throw it.

I'd seen this deal reported other places as well, like woot! deals. Some people had no problem snapping up multiple bundles. Some got the full-on run-around from miscellaneous employees. Some managed to have the "deliver for in-store pick-up" go through even though the code wouldn't work online anymore. Hell, one person even managed to get Wal-Mart to price-match it: "technically, it's a manufacturer's coupon, and you do price-match on those...."

So I dunno if anyone on ScoreHero got to take advantage of this - all my local stores were emphatically sold out - but at least some folks out there get to walk away as happy music gamers, if nothing else.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Yeah, I'd believe the "hoax" line about as far as I could throw it.

I'd seen this deal reported other places as well, like woot! deals. Some people had no problem snapping up multiple bundles. Some got the full-on run-around from miscellaneous employees. Some managed to have the "deliver for in-store pick-up" go through even though the code wouldn't work online anymore. Hell, one person even managed to get Wal-Mart to price-match it: "technically, it's a manufacturer's coupon, and you do price-match on those...."

So I dunno if anyone on ScoreHero got to take advantage of this - all my local stores were emphatically sold out - but at least some folks out there get to walk away as happy music gamers, if nothing else.

i went today to pick mine up (i did receive the confirmation to pick it up) and the guy told me that they had no more bundles and that all orders were canceled. he said i should have received an email (which i didnt) so i just emailed them asking for the order to be canceled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad the Canadian branch doesnt match the same deal as in the US, hell DJ Hero 1 Bundle are still 79,99$ at some places LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I feel like picking up another bundle at the same Toys R US, but with a different cashier. I don't know how it could be a hoax if it worked for me the first time...

I think people are just JEALOUS

My Accomplishments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: