ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Best personal Guitar Hero memory
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Best personal Guitar Hero memory Reply with quote

It's safe to say that a vast majority of our community have put an insane amount of time and effort into this video game. A lot has been accomplished over the years, but what stands out as YOUR best personal Guitar Hero memory?

Personally, mine would be the very first time I passed Jordan. I remember playing the song nearly every day for months after I got the game trying to get farther and farther. It took me a long time to be able to even get to the guitar break, but I just kept trying. To this day, my highest score is 462k. If I where to ever FC the song, I would feel like I had completed everything I've ever wanted to do in this video game.

So, how about you all?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I favorite GH memory is when I FGFCd Band Hero on Bass. I was finally one of the people on SH to have an FGFC.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BH FBFGFC, not so much as my best or most impressive accomplishment (it's not imo), but because it was one of the few things I thought I would never be able to pull off all the way through, and more importantly doing it with a bunch of talented individuals, no, friends to share the glory with. All the hours of grinding and putting together who could do/be available for each fbfc. Stressful but rewarding in the end.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno

I totally freaked out when I randomly FCed DWEDFN...
And Free Bird a few days ago, freakout there too

Passing Raining Blood on GH3 for the first time might also be a thing...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, my greatest memory was right at the start. I'd heard about Guitar Hero and knew it was the latest fad, but I was late to the party, renting GH3 when I couldn't hold it off any longer. They couldn't supply a guitar, so I had to play using my controller. So I start it up, I'm jamming to Slow Ride and the other early songs... and then I reach my first encore. HOLY CRAP! The police are called to the venue, Rock 'N' Roll all Nite starts up and I feel like I'm really playing the song! xD

Another fond memory is when I first stepped up to Hard. I replayed Slow Ride a few times, trying to get a hang of hitting the orange notes but things didn't go very well. Thankfully I took the tip of moving my fingers down a fret and it was all downhill from there, but trying to figure out how to hit those oranges was otherworldy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I pulled a monkey off my back. That fucker scratched the shit out of me for about 7 months. The scars are gone at least.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? Probably passing either the Lou boss battle on hard or TTFAF on expert.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I figured out what hammer-ons were and then using them on Jessica (the song you perverts).
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Guitar Hero moment doesn't involve an FC, or any sort of improvement. It involved what I did with the skill I gained over time being put to beneficial, gratifying use.

It was the end of my 7th grade year. Our school was having a "field day" where no classes were held and various activities were open for the entire school day to celebrate. One of these was Guitar Hero III Face-Offs being played in the music room. Naturally, me and my friends participated in the shenanigans, along with at least a third of the whole 7th grade student body.

It had been over a year since I first started playing Guitar Hero at this time, and about 7-8 months since I moved up to Expert. Because of that, I was pumped, because in those days, finding someone who was legitimately skilled at the game in person was sort of a rare sight, especially for the students in my school.

After a while, it was my turn, and the song I chose was "Number of the Beast", a song I had worked on extensively at the time to be sufficiently skilled at. Right at in the intro, the crowd went nuts.

By the time it was over, the crowd cheered like mad, and some of my friends' jaws were practically on the floor since it was their first time seeing me play. Even after the activity was over, I was feeling the impact, as one of my future friends literally asked me for his autograph and called me Jesus of Guitar Hero. And after school was over, a random student walked by and said I melted faces.

It was the most rewarding feeling I ever had with the game, because I felt my gradual improvement culminating in a talent that I displayed in front of an entire crowd of people, and it resulted in one of the most satisfying moments I have ever experienced in school.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
B.nAUght47  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that my favourite GH moment was when I FC'd a song for the first time, which was either BoP or WYWY on Medium GH3. Either that or when I 5* TTFAF & DWDTG on Expert (GH3) in one day. SO happy on both those occasions.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BnAUght47 Wii Friend Code: 0810038126955628
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three:
1) Passing Jordan and 5*ing Misirlou, the latter taking 700+ tries, on the same day, even if only technically; Misirlou happened past midnight, then sleep, then Jordan happened at noon. This was two weeks before I got married. BEST SUMMER EVER
2) FGFCing Aerosmith Hard, which is to this day my only FGFC on Hard or Expert, though Band Hero XG MIGHT happen someday. Anyway, Beyond Beautiful took me SIX DAYS.
3) Reserved for the future. This series is still alive to me, and there's still more to do.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple:
  1. First to FGFC Band Hero Guitar - It felt so cool running through those songs and overcoming the tricky bits one by one. I remember getting past my biggest roadblock FC's and cruising through FC #65 almost like a victory lap (I saved She Will Be Loved for last, so I got a SRFC, all associated achievements, and a setlist scroll all in one video).
  2. Reaching 100 Pages in Accomps. - I was probably one of the first five people to do this, and it felt special to me because I am nowhere near as talented as those before me. I was the first person who didnt accomplish something like a Jordan or Through the Fire and Flames FC to reach 100 pages. It felt so great because I felt it put emphasis on friendship and how being dedicated over a long enough timeline will pay off. When the mods locked my thread due to length I was so overwhelmingly happy to start a new one, and couldn't wait to fill it with new accomplishments.
  3. Ravagefest - A ScoreHero Get-Together that hasn't been matched since, Ravagefest was an extended weekend of drunken debauchery with the fellas (and some ladies, too!). I got drunk and was one of the many to demand HellAshes to FC Jordan in front of us, played drunk Pro Face-Off with Brock, and just generally had the time of my life. I had more fun at Ravagefest than I had at my High School Prom
  4. Grafstock - Similar to Ravagefest, but scaled down massively. I was the host of my own get-together, and it had an all-star cast of attendees, including one of my very best friends, GuitarHailz. It was special to me because Hailz flew out to spend the holiday (Thanksgiving) with me and my family, as well as getting to chill with the infamous HellAshes, Ravagetalon, NYVideoGameFreak, Rickles, drewbles, ShellShocker, TheThirdDay, and others. We had a blast playing DJ Hero, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc, etc. I am pretty sure I still have some videos on my hard drive from that event.

I am sure this list will expand over time, but these were the highlights of my ScoreHero/Guitar Hero-related memories.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody start playing GH with GH2?

Woman on Hard. Yeah. Passing that was amazing.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH2 release day, complete playthrough 'til 4am with my friend.
GH1 CFH M FC (no way in hell i would have thought a FC of this song was possible for me)
TDWDTG M FC (no way in hell i would have thought a FC of this song was possible for me)
EGuitar FSFC

and probably more to come

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. On my first day of playing Guitar Hero (I had GH4 and BH), I tried American Pie on Expert, slowest speed. I still missed a load of notes.

2. My first Expert FC, When You Were Young.

3. Beating Raining Blood and Lou on Expert for the first time each, within 30 minutes of each other.

4. My first optimal score, Sabotage on Expert.

5. FCing The Metal, which is one of the first songs that gave me a lot of trouble to pass on GH3.

6. 5-starring Raining Blood and then passing TTFAF (4-star) for the first time each, within 30 minutes of each other.

7. GH6, FC #4 - Bat Country

8. FCing 4 songs in one day: ITBOAS, Down N' Dirty, IITB and BMW.

9. FCing Before I Forget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: