ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
These games and PS4 vs Xbox One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: These games and PS4 vs Xbox One Reply with quote

I figured this could use its own thread because I've put some time into the issues I've had with these games and in my own case-- YMMV-- the PS4 seems to be the console of no issues with these music games of late. Pardon the mention of RB here but I'm using both games for comparison.

I bought the band in a box kit for the Xbox because all of my songs (well over a thousand) are on that console. The experience has been a huge disappointment: disconnecting guitar problems, severe drum lag, calibration is a nightmare. I bought the PS4 version of the game to play my Rolands with the MPA and there is no lag, no problems whatsoever. I don't have a guitar to try but I asked a friend how long it took to get the calibration right and if there were any issues and he said out of the box, he's been playing with zero problems.

On to GH:L. I bought it for the Xbox One for unknown reasons. I just chose that one for whatever reason. Another nightmare. Calibration is just way off. I have the dial so far to the right and it's a little off, one more tick to the right and it goes off the other way. The fretboard stutters and stammers and throws off the timing. It all just feels off. And then we add in the double strumming nightmare and it's just not a really fun experience which is frustrating because the game seems like it's going to be incredibly fun.

I had some Amazon credits of about $70. so I bit the bullet and bought the game/guitar for PS4. Out of the box, I have made zero adjustments to anything. The calibration bell is dead center, I didn't move it, and the notes strike so perfectly that in the hour that I played, I FC'd 7 songs including Hangar 18. Hold your applause: I'm playing on Regular mode so I'm not chest beating about FCs, but merely pointing out that for my situation, the difference is staggering in these two consoles.

Not sure what's up with that but I wonder if the vast majority of people who are having such trouble with their gear and the game are on Xbox One.
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issues for me on Xbox here. Both consoles on a broad scale have issues with hardware and software, from what I have read and seen. I know Harmonix has a patch they expect to go out on or before November 2nd to address some of the software issues, and I know Activision and MadCatz have been working on hardware issues via firmware updates and replacement

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3, I've had a little trouble with the calibration, but it gets fine if I play with it 1-2 times. Other than that the game plays very nice. I have no idea why in surprised at how smooth the game is, but w/e. GHTV I've had issues where the music video will stop playing then buffer, but amazing thing is It never affects the fretboard whatsoever. Only other issue I've had is just from my PS3 having a corrupted hard drive.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

360 master race. Zero issues here as well

gitarzann  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping that the 360 issues that I am having can be addressed with a patch of some kind. I'd much rather play on that console and I've invested quite a bit in DLC. Glad to hear there are some Xbox folks with zero problems. Gives me hope that at some point, I'll get things working properly.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps3 master race. Zero issues here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
I'm really hoping that the 360 issues that I am having can be addressed with a patch of some kind. I'd much rather play on that console and I've invested quite a bit in DLC. Glad to hear there are some Xbox folks with zero problems. Gives me hope that at some point, I'll get things working properly.

Make sure you don't have anything that would interfere with the signal (cellphone, etc) near you or the dongle/system, and if possible, use a USB extender. The closer the dongle is to the guitar, the better it seems to work.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you use any extender, it's guarantee to not work. so don't use it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:

Hm...I guess that part is different per system. I only mentioned that because it worked so well for Undead. Regardless, the closer your guitar is to the adapter, the better. I actually have my 360 on a small table next to me while I play and I make sure my laptop and/or cellphone are away from there.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to play with a mic & guitar + a ps3 controller charging. the mic & guitar were on a WTar dongle (there's 2 usb port at the) and it constantly stop working. I ditch the ps3 controller since It's not needed to sing and all went fine.

maybe a coincidence tho.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:

I've been using the BandFuse hub on Xbox One for two dongles, no issue. The main thing to worry about is that there's no interference. Even having the Xbox behind my TV makes playing Rock Band 4 on guitar a nightmare, it keeps disconnecting.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

I've been using the BandFuse hub on Xbox One for two dongles, no issue. The main thing to worry about is that there's no interference. Even having the Xbox behind my TV makes playing Rock Band 4 on guitar a nightmare, it keeps disconnecting.

that makes sense. mine is left to the tv and no interference. maybe just a bad day or weird connectiion issues. My chromecast had huge connection problem as it was behind the tv but i fixed it using an hdmi extender that sit now right next to my tv. problem solve. thinking of it, chromecast might be the issue here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: