ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
LlamaYip: 596/660; WE, HFTWT, LRM, SFTSG, and more...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 30th, 2020

I am a little behind on updating the thread, but Alex bumped it with some spoilers so I figured it was my turn to actually put recent accomplishments in the thread.

Since the possible FC's on Hard are running low, I finally decided to make the switch over to Expert and try to push myself. Seeing sci, Johnny, Alex, and those guys talk about their expert totals always had me wondering where I fall because I didn't have the numbers to compare myself with them. I had about five days to myself a few weeks ago and decided to push through a few games and try to get as many as I could. It ended up being mostly GHWoR, but I have a few other games that I have updates for as well. I'm going to go game-by-game.

GHWoR - (79/93). I ended up having a lot of fun with this game. Calling and Call me the Breeze were my best FC's, but I feel especially satisfied with Modern Day Cowboy because it took me a long time. Music and charts in this game are pretty great, so it was easy to push through this one. My goal was 80, and I should have that at this point because I FCed YCSRIA outside of the second chorus >_> just a bad miss. I also feel relatively close to FCs of Ravenous, Burn and Holy Wars, and in the same ballpark as Nemesis. Ties that Bind doesn't seem impossible either. I think 85 would be a good ballpark ffor me to get to, but if I get some time with the game then honestly 90 is not out of the question. Oh! Also I FCed This Day we Fight on Expert Bass. :)

Best FC: Call Me the Breeze or Calling

GHWT - (79/86) World Tour has always been the Expert game that I have invested the most time in. It is definitely my best rank, sitting at 18th (ahead of Sci). I had about 74 FC's for the longest time, until fairly recently I got Stranglehold, BYOB Trapped Under Ice, No Sleep Until Brooklyn and Soul Doubt (I hate that chart, I have struggled with Soul Doubt for years haha). At 78 FC's, it seemed like SAF and PMU were the most obvious FC's to go for, but I gave Mr. Crowley a shot, and.... FC'ed on my 2nd run!! This was a crazy surprise and it has to qualify as one of my best Expert FC's period. I am so glad I do not have to worry about that one anymore. As far as going ahead, 83 seems like the clear goal here. I have had one miss runs of PMU and CT several times (very close to CT), and SAF will happen at any point as well. LRM, which is one of my favorite songs on the game and makes it one I really want, is more of a cluster and I think should be a process. After getting these I'll evaluate what my prospects on ZWGD and HfT are.

Best FC: Mr. Crowley

GH1 (32/47) - So, I don't have my PS2 at the house I live at with my wife (effective 8/1 lol), but when I am over at my parent's/brother's house I can play some GH1. The game is crazy hard for me, especially after grinding the new school stuff for so long. I already had TiO and Ziggy entering my grind, so getting to 32 FC's wasn't too tough. I basically have the easiest 32 in the game, lol. Best FC's probably Guitar Hero and a random first run FC of Tk65. I overstrummed Godzilla and got fairly close to Crossroads so those are next. I would love to get to >40 but it just seems so, so difficult at this point that I will have to be more patient with this one. Such a fun game tho.

Best FC: Thunder Kiss 65

GHSH (20/48) - I spent a little time clearing out the GH1 and GH3 setlists in this game, still missing Barracuda and RaBl although I got a -1 on RaBl, toward the beginning of Flood!. Another huge highlight was a one miss run of PWM. Did not seem like a duplicable feat easily so let's be patient on that one. I came to loathe some of the charts in this game, especially Barracuda. 47 FC's definitely the goal here.

Best FC: Cowboys from Hell

GH80s (5/30) - My disc doesn't work but I was able to FC Tier 5 before it freezes haha.

Best FC: Aint Nothin but a Good Time

GH5 (10/85) - I actually started with GH5 but I hit Gratitude and got sick of the game so I switched to GHWoR, which I knew I would enjoy more.

Best FC: Do You Feel Like We Do

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
matt6662  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are going to make me dig out all of my old equipment and come out of retirement! Those be some pretty nice FC's you guys got goin'

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a very good progress in such a short time. curious to see how you end up with all of this.

also matt, do it !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt6662 wrote:
You guys are going to make me dig out all of my old equipment and come out of retirement! Those be some pretty nice FC's you guys got goin'
Do it! Join the club! Let's get the active numbers to score and bring SH back!!!

Cabanon wrote:
thats a very good progress in such a short time. curious to see how you end up with all of this.

also matt, do it !
Thanks man, check back and I'll keep everyone updated. It feels like I am not truly aware of what I am capable of since I have kind of consigned myself to the Hard difficulty for so long so I am also excited to see how I end up with it all too!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear every time you play the game you get like a dozen great new FCs. There's no stopping you that's for sure!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 12th, 2020

It has been awhile but I actually have some accomplishments to share!

After getting married and starting to go into school again for work, my playing is more intermittent and I rarely have play sessions longer than an hour. But, this has still allowed me to slowly chip away at my Expert FC total, which is still very very low but getting higher. I have jumped around a little bit, getting up to 34 FC's on Smash Hits with RaBl being my best FC there, and 18 or so on Van Halen (I already had Ice Cream Man), but the game I really pushed through was Guitar Hero Aerosmith. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the charts in this game, and it was really not much of a challenge outside of two or maybe three charts. Mercy was probably the longest 'grind' for me, and the song is pretty bad (although not as bad as Talk Talkin', UGH).

Naturally, Train Kept a Rollin' was my last FC, but I never had quite the brain freeze with BCS2 that I was expecting. Yesterday, I had about 70 minutes after getting home from work to FC TKaR, run 5.5 miles, and shower in time to help my wife make apple pies (which were delicious). I turned on GHA, FC'ed BCS2 three times in a row on practice, and FC'ed the song first try! 41/41, GHA FGFC! This was also my first FGFC on Hard, and I joked with the BAC that I would FC all the same games in order that I did on Hard, on Expert (80's was my second on Hard so that's probably a no).

Looking at where I need the most FC's I'm probably going to hit GH5 next, especially since that's the next best FGFC candidate. Luckily I already have Do You Feel Like We Do, so it's really about getting 21CSM, Scatterbrain and Demons and I feel bullish on 21CSM and Demons but Scatterbrain makes me a little nervous.

Here's the game-by-game summary as it stands:

GHWoR - (79/93). I ended up having a lot of fun with this game. Calling and Call me the Breeze were my best FC's, but I feel especially satisfied with Modern Day Cowboy because it took me a long time. Music and charts in this game are pretty great, so it was easy to push through this one. My goal was 80, and I should have that at this point because I FCed YCSRIA outside of the second chorus >_> just a bad miss. I also feel relatively close to FCs of Ravenous, Burn and Holy Wars, and in the same ballpark as Nemesis. Ties that Bind doesn't seem impossible either. I think 85 would be a good ballpark ffor me to get to, but if I get some time with the game then honestly 90 is not out of the question. Oh! Also I FCed This Day we Fight on Expert Bass. :)

Best FC: Call Me the Breeze or Calling

GHWT - (80/86) World Tour has always been the Expert game that I have invested the most time in. It is definitely my best rank, sitting at 18th (ahead of Sci). I had about 74 FC's for the longest time, until fairly recently I got Stranglehold, BYOB Trapped Under Ice, No Sleep Until Brooklyn and Soul Doubt (I hate that chart, I have struggled with Soul Doubt for years haha). At 78 FC's, it seemed like SAF and PMU were the most obvious FC's to go for, but I gave Mr. Crowley a shot, and.... FC'ed on my 2nd run!! This was a crazy surprise and it has to qualify as one of my best Expert FC's period. I am so glad I do not have to worry about that one anymore. As far as going ahead, 83 seems like the clear goal here. I have had one miss runs of PMU and CT several times (very close to CT), luckily I did l. LRM, which is one of my favorite songs on the game and makes it one I really want, is more of a cluster and I think should be a process. After getting these I'll evaluate what my prospects on ZWGD and HfT are.

Best FC: Mr. Crowley

GH1 (32/47) - So, I don't have my PS2 at the house I live at with my wife (effective 8/1 lol), but when I am over at my parent's/brother's house I can play some GH1. The game is crazy hard for me, especially after grinding the new school stuff for so long. I already had TiO and Ziggy entering my grind, so getting to 32 FC's wasn't too tough. I basically have the easiest 32 in the game, lol. Best FC's probably Guitar Hero and a random first run FC of Tk65. I overstrummed Godzilla and got fairly close to Crossroads so those are next. I would love to get to >40 but it just seems so, so difficult at this point that I will have to be more patient with this one. Such a fun game tho.

Best FC: Thunder Kiss 65

GHSH (34/48) - I spent a little time clearing out the GH1 and GH3 setlists in this game, still missing Barracuda and RaBl although I got a -1 on RaBl, toward the beginning of Flood!. (EDIT: Got RaBl) Another huge highlight was a one miss run of PWM. Did not seem like a duplicable feat easily so let's be patient on that one. I came to loathe some of the charts in this game, especially Barracuda. 47 FC's definitely the goal here.

Best FC: Raining Blood

GH80s (5/30) - My disc doesn't work but I was able to FC Tier 5 before it freezes haha.

Best FC: Aint Nothin but a Good Time

GH5 (10/85) - I actually started with GH5 but I hit Gratitude and got sick of the game so I switched to GHWoR, which I knew I would enjoy more.

Best FC: Do You Feel Like We Do

GHVH (18/47) - Took a quick break from GHA to play some GHVH because I thought I would really enjoy it, ended up enjoying it less than I thought I would lol. Going to put this on the backburner until I get through GH5.

Best FC: Ice Cream Man

GHA (41/41) First FGFC! Ended up enjoying this game more than I expected/remembered.

Best FC: Train Kept a Rollin'

Jellu  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your first FGFC! GH5 is certainly the next best candidate, after that things really get difficult. And congratulations for getting married! Hopefully you manage to grab a few more nice FCs despite all that irl stuff luckily you have quite a bit of easy stuff left for your quick sessions

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say about WoR, after 85 the FC's get VERY difficult. and the top 4 are in a league of their own.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many congratulations on getting married! Did you manage to honeymoon anywhere or has this coronavirus kinda screwed that up? (don't know what rules are in place in your country!)

Also, bravo on your first XGuitar FGFC! It may be one of the "easier" games, but it still has some tricky songs... and I'll never get it lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

insert joke about keeping the FC train rollin'

Awesome job on the FGFC, TKAR really is quite impressive, especially how quickly you got it. Based on the overall breakdown, it's around #594. Getting it this fast further proves your potential for a future spot around the 620-630ish area... If you can ever stomach going through the GH5 setlist . I know you don't have as much time to play, and it's annoying to switch discs, but it might be best if you could bring yourself to do 3 or 4 GH5 songs a session before switching to something more exciting. Or just mix in the harder GH5 songs. Get 2 quick FCs, grind DWEDFN for 30 minutes, repeat, for example. Though, the pace and progress you've been going, you might run out of the harder GH5 FCs first lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats again on the GHA FGFC! I'm still amazed at your consistency on BCS2, lol. Not surprised you were able to FC TKaR so quickly after seeing you hit that section so many times.

I continue to be impressed at the speed and relative ease you are getting these tough FCs, overdue or not. I feel like you're getting new FCs faster than I'd be able to reFC, a lot of the time haha.

Another FGFC would be awesome, but GH5 is definitely a step up in difficulty as my 21CSM grind can attest to, and after that it's just insane. I think the more realistic goal is to get 600 overall FCs, which I am more than happy to race you (on H in my case). You have a pretty huge lead over me but my songs are easier, so it should be an interesting race :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Congratulations on your first FGFC! GH5 is certainly the next best candidate, after that things really get difficult. And congratulations for getting married! Hopefully you manage to grab a few more nice FCs despite all that irl stuff luckily you have quite a bit of easy stuff left for your quick sessions
Thank you Jellu! Yes--I don't have much expectation to FGFC beyond GH5 but I really think I can get within 1 or 2 songs on most games (3, WT, M, SH). The irl stuff definitely limits how fast I can move through the GH stuff but it is all worth it :D

FL4RE wrote:
I will say about WoR, after 85 the FC's get VERY difficult. and the top 4 are in a league of their own.
I'm at 79 right now and I really feel how hard it is--I don't think TTB and maybe TDWF are out of the question so I can see 87 or so happening.

Chrisssss wrote:
Many congratulations on getting married! Did you manage to honeymoon anywhere or has this coronavirus kinda screwed that up? (don't know what rules are in place in your country!)

Also, bravo on your first XGuitar FGFC! It may be one of the "easier" games, but it still has some tricky songs... and I'll never get it lol
Thanks Chris We did honeymoon! To Hot Springs, Arkansas, which was to a lake cabin in the mountains in the southern USA. It was extremely pretty with lots of hiking, so even though the pandemic has limited your activity choices, we still did what we would have done in normal circumstances.

JohnnyGrey wrote:
insert joke about keeping the FC train rollin'

Awesome job on the FGFC, TKAR really is quite impressive, especially how quickly you got it. Based on the overall breakdown, it's around #594. Getting it this fast further proves your potential for a future spot around the 620-630ish area... If you can ever stomach going through the GH5 setlist . I know you don't have as much time to play, and it's annoying to switch discs, but it might be best if you could bring yourself to do 3 or 4 GH5 songs a session before switching to something more exciting. Or just mix in the harder GH5 songs. Get 2 quick FCs, grind DWEDFN for 30 minutes, repeat, for example. Though, the pace and progress you've been going, you might run out of the harder GH5 FCs first lol
Tanks Johanny. I am still mulling exactly my strategy for approaching the next games. Jumping around is usually better for my attention span but honestly it will probably be most efficient to just chip away at GH5 at this point.

I played DWEDFN and 21csm a little bit and I gotta say, I seriously underestimated how difficult both of those songs are. DWEDFN is not impossible by any stretch but it certainly isn't free and I have a lot of work on Solo 1 to do before it's on the horizon. 21CSM is clearly just a headache and its song length doesn't make be excited to tackle it. I think the easy GH5 songs are probably priority at this point.

One thing I am finding annoying though is pathing without PathHero--it takes a lot longer to sift through Moose's videos for the path lol--however, then it becomes easier to remember where to activate! So it goes both ways.

alexhaz64 wrote:
Congrats again on the GHA FGFC! I'm still amazed at your consistency on BCS2, lol. Not surprised you were able to FC TKaR so quickly after seeing you hit that section so many times.

I continue to be impressed at the speed and relative ease you are getting these tough FCs, overdue or not. I feel like you're getting new FCs faster than I'd be able to reFC, a lot of the time haha.

Another FGFC would be awesome, but GH5 is definitely a step up in difficulty as my 21CSM grind can attest to, and after that it's just insane. I think the more realistic goal is to get 600 overall FCs, which I am more than happy to race you (on H in my case). You have a pretty huge lead over me but my songs are easier, so it should be an interesting race :p
I don't know why BCS2 came so easily for me, between that and TTFAF H I guess random nonsense sections are my strength lol. Which makes sense because relatively speaking, I am not a fast fretter at all.

I definitely agree. I don't want to waste too much time getting to 85 on GH5 when I could get to like 82/83 on 5, and then go after 46 on SH, 45ish on M etc and get to 600 that route. There is definitely another step up in FC quality that I need to make to get there because according to the breakdown I have only FC'd 3 songs > 600 and there are a bunch of old school songs pre-600 that sort of intimidate me rn. But I appreciate the feedback because I probably should go the 600 route first.

LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 5th, 2020

Hi all, and happy new year!

When I have time, I have been working slowly towards completing the X games (more) and get to 600 Expert FCs, then keep it going from there. After FGFC'ing GHA, I did GH5 and got to 80. Still missing Spirit of Radio and Demons as well as the 'big 3' in that game, so I'll return to that sooner rather than later.

But this update is about my progress the last couple of days in GHM. Prior to starting this run of the game, I had FC'ed Evil but nothing else of real substance. Yesteryda, I got to 25/49 but had made serious progress on Fight Fire with Fire. I decided to give that a run this morning... and FCed on the second run! Although my plan today was to do some of the easier M songs today, I felt like I had a lot of momentum and I wanted to keep going with some of the harder stuff and I ran Dyer's Eve... and FCed it. Later in the day, after four post-solo chokes, I got Disposable Heroes as well, and got it on stream video (I have Dyer's Eve on video as well but it was DMCA'd so there's no audio). I was really amazed with this progress because these three FC's are quite possibly my best FC's in the series, period, and makes me excited to keep working through. Hoping for 47/49 by the end of Thursday!

Disposable Heroes FC Video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/862576653

bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one impressive day! Keep up the good work.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duuude.

I'd be jealous of any of these FCs individually. But all 3? Within a couple hours? Holy crap.
Glad I got to catch it live

As we've been saying, 600 FCs is definitely looking to be more of a baseline goal than an end all goal for you. 620 looking hot! Can't wait to see what other incredible stuff you'll do
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: