Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fire It Up Reverse Squeeze Hit, Solos Missed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus christ, thats one heck of an achievemnt. congratz !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a job my dude! But you best believe I'm gonna come back to get that Even Rats score back on gh1h :)

edit: for what it's worth do you remember how many points you missed on Even Rats?
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k3v227 wrote:
If you're gonna go for expert 1st places I'd love to watch on Twitch if you have the ability to do so. I honestly don't care at all about any scores besides expert.

Tell me how u really feel, kev
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
Hell of a job my dude! But you best believe I'm gonna come back to get that Even Rats score back on gh1h :)

edit: for what it's worth do you remember how many points you missed on Even Rats?

Thanks, and I don't remember. I know I didn't get ticks last act, so at measure 167 you should have x30 to tie, higher to beat and then hit the last squeeze. Not sure what my score was after dropping the blue hold to whammy the orange sp hold early, but obviously I dropped some of it because the extra whammy is worth it. 2nd act was probably good 4th was bad or no ticks, but not sure.

Also, this gives me a chance to say: 47/47 1sts on GH1 Easy, but with a bit of a twist, and maybe a lame finish. I had all but two firsts (with quite a few ties) and then went looking for dark magic solutions to Take Me Out's first act ticks (I tried the UB squeeze after a few x16 starts but never got that close). I had some runs where I would oversqueeze the front end, and get x16 still after playing the act out, but some where I would oversqueeze and get x20. I never got x20 without oversqueezing until I suddenly got it like four times in one day. Instead of getting frustrated, I just thought to myself that the perfect front end wasn't really a complicated thing: just a strum, select button press, and fret the note. But why that order?

Yeah, I cheesed it like this (2:26): https://youtu.be/vdDOUDaFUpk?t=146. You can strum notes at the end of their hit window without fretting them, then hit select and fret the note. The note will be hit at the time you fret, not the time you strummed, so you can get the select in between them, moving back the latest time you can hit select while still getting the front end note under SP. I'm not sure how well known this was/is, particularly for GH1 scores, but this gives an edge on every activation where front ends are relevant for ticks (or maybe even getting a squeeze by getting a slightly better front end than you could have before).

The x20 on Take Me Out might be possible without it, but with this tactic, it's not too bad, there might even be more left on the song. So knowing this, More Than a Feeling was also cheesable (even more so with three ticking activations that can use it). I don't have the technique down perfectly, but I got the last two 1sts. I also used this to get 69,004 on ILRAR (got +4 UB the two times I tried it). The technique is still limited by how late you can strum the note, so if there's a note right after the front end note, maybe it gives some small benefit, but I couldn't really tell.

So there you go, full game 1st place (gameshark songs don't exist), but there's still some juice left in Easy of course.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work! A FG1st is no small feat, especially an old one. I am amazed that after 13.5 YEARS, that Cdw01 is still just over 5k behind the community high score. Nice work showing us all what's still possible. Medium next?
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
k3v227  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
k3v227 wrote:
If you're gonna go for expert 1st places I'd love to watch on Twitch if you have the ability to do so. I honestly don't care at all about any scores besides expert.

Would love to see both of you push GH1 expert even higher. There's really not much hope left for GH1 expert progress mostly due to JPrez, rightfully, not wanting to touch this game. As I said previously, I won't ever come back to this game to go for scores. It's a young man's game and takes way way way too much time lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k3v227 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
k3v227 wrote:

Would love to see both of you push GH1 expert even higher. There's really not much hope left for GH1 expert progress mostly due to JPrez, rightfully, not wanting to touch this game. As I said previously, I won't ever come back to this game to go for scores. It's a young man's game and takes way way way too much time lol.

Wait what did Jprez do?? And let's be honest, no young men are playing this game lol GH1 is an old mans game!
bushidox  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was referring to Jprez's rampage through GH80s in 2016. He has full game 1st on it. Still does, except for Los Angeles.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

47/47 1st is completely insane. major propz for doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
k3v227 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
k3v227 wrote:

Wait what did Jprez do?? And let's be honest, no young men are playing this game lol GH1 is an old mans game!

I think JPrez is really the only legitimate contender to my overall 1st on GH1X at this point in time, however he has stated many times for years that he refuses to grind GH1. It's a very reasonable position especially since we're all getting older. But if he or anyone wants to grind for 1st I always want to extend my knowledge of the game to see if new scores can be achieved.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane SDM score. This was easily my least favorite song to play back when I last played. I grinded this song a ton and couldn't even get one run with all the squeezes. As I mentioned on the youtube video, please beat mcskinny

Really impressed by the scores you're setting and hoping to see more. Again if you want any tips or insights on songs please feel free to reach out, I'd love to help

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k3v227 wrote:
please beat mcskinny

Just echoing what kev said Love to see what you're doing with gh1. Great work!

maybe if you beat mcskinny he'll come back and stop pretending that he's "washed up"
Ambrgarden  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im trying to get 1st on more than a feeling medium but i feel like that 3rd act half bar is tough, is it just me?
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrgarden wrote:
im trying to get 1st on more than a feeling medium but i feel like that 3rd act half bar is tough, is it just me?

The squeeze is pretty annoying I'd say but getting a half bar should be free. Also, if you're going for 1st on that song you have to do the dualshock activation for +100 points (4th act the same as the 2nd act instead of what slowhero shows and then don't whammy the RY hold at all, pause before next phrase and hit it on dualshock, pause as soon as possible on blue sustain, switch back and you have to unpause and activate soon enough to not cover the SP phrase at measure 80). I don't remember the following act (I think it's getting another phrase and activating on measure 94) but overall it's a tough song to go for 1st on.
Ambrgarden  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doughboy wrote:
Ambrgarden wrote:

The squeeze is pretty annoying I'd say but getting a half bar should be free. Also, if you're going for 1st on that song you have to do the dualshock activation for +100 points (4th act the same as the 2nd act instead of what slowhero shows and then don't whammy the RY hold at all, pause before next phrase and hit it on dualshock, pause as soon as possible on blue sustain, switch back and you have to unpause and activate soon enough to not cover the SP phrase at measure 80). I don't remember the following act (I think it's getting another phrase and activating on measure 94) but overall it's a tough song to go for 1st on.

i'm following the extra squeeze path, i dont think the half bar is that brutal but i suck at early whammy got it once out of like 8 tries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: