ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Individual Player Profiles
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Individual Player Profiles Reply with quote

This goes somewhat in line with the 'Introduce Yourself!' thread, but with a different focus.

Aside from a few users I usually talk to about SP strategies, close calls, and big achievements, I realized that I don't know what types of players a lot of people on ScoreHero are. Scores only tell half the story as far as what kind of player everyone is. So, the purpose of this thread is to tell (briefly) what your main strengths and weaknesses as a player are, what your difficulty level of choice is, and also, your ultimate goal with GHII. Lots of players have scores submitted for every difficulty, so if you can hang on Expert but enjoy playing Medium or Hard more, then list that.

I'll get the ball rolling here:
Updated 3-8-2007 (procrastinating)
    User: emptyset

Difficulty of choice: Expert, Medium (a lot less frequently lately, though)

Strengths: I recognize song patterns easily, adjust to difficult rhythms well, and can learn/execute difficult HO/PO sections with practice. Improving on tougher GH1 songs. Getting much better at squeezing and tight SP activations in slower - midtempo songs.

Weaknesses: Fast strumming and overstrums (i.e. Misirlou, Six, Thunderhorse). Near-FC nervousness (I AM THE ORIGINAL CHOKEMASTER, look at how many 99%s I have). Ascending triplets, such as those in PP(LL), Jordan, Bad Rep. Whammying short SP holds early for maximum SP...can never seem to get enough for that last note.

Ultimate goal: Build up fast-strumming chops. Top Five on GH1 Expert, top eight on GHII Expert (Five's a little ambitious), and hey, why the hell not, top 3 on Medium. 25 (have 22) GH2 FCs - will probably be tough, considering it took me about forty -1s before I got Strutter. Find enough time to play.

Hopefully this thread serves as a way of getting to know each other better as players, beyond what range of scores we get.
I look forward to the responses! I really like how this thread turned out. Keep editing/updating your posts, too!

Last edited by emptyset on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:29 pm; edited 6 times in total
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Individual Player Profiles Reply with quote

User: Tahmer (pronounced Tom-mer)

Difficulty of choice: Expert

Strengths: Great at any form of Pull Off (especially descending triplets), Some good control over my alt picking (like not over strumming too much in Misirlou), Fast fret work, solos, Good at GH1, and good at using my pinky.

Weaknesses: Missing easy notes, Near FC nervousness, Using/figuring out own SP Paths. I can't squeeze, and lastly sections with lots of greens and random tapping notes like in Thunderhorse, jordan, one for the road, and misirlou's ggrrggyy stuff.

Ultimate goal: Maybe work on making my weakness list smaller, and holding a spot in the top 200 for a long time. and just become a better GH player overall. Looks like half my goal came true, I've been in the top 40 for GH1 for a couple weeks. I've also gotten alot better at fast hammer ons. I FCd that GRB hammer on in Slither a few times. I never could've done that when I first posted this list.

Last edited by Tahmer on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:59 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Tahmer
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, lemme give this a shot.

User: Your mom...or maybe Alakaiser. Yeah. Alakaiser.

Difficulty of choice
: Expert

Strengths
: I'm pretty good with weird rhythms, I've got stretchy fingers, and I'm decent at HO/PO. I don't think I have any quality that's vastly better than another. I'm pretty well-rounded in my suckitude.

Weaknesses
: That being said, I can't do fast strumming very well. Misirlou kills me. Oh, and the BIG thing with me is that I can't keep a combo. I always miss some retarded notes and mess up my combo and get terrible scores. Also, along with that, SP for me means C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! I've tried tilt and button, I usually still fuck it up.

Ultimate goal
: Stop making stupid mistakes, train my wrist to actually not die halfway through a long string of strumming. Consistency is what I'm aiming for currently, though.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: ImaCarrot

Difficulty of choice: Hard (I like to have fun, not feel like I'm working.)

Strengths: Fast patterns, finding good SP paths.

Weaknesses: Slow songs (freebird) I get bored and make stupid mistakes. Fast alternate strumming with a lot of chord switches(six). Finding time to play.

Ultimate goal:
Be in the top 3 of hard.

Last edited by ImaCarrot on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlCim  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: AlCim

Strengths: Trills, descending HOPO's (ie. BYR BYR BYR) and soloes in general, out of rythem patterns... (rock this town, Gemini... etc.), i practice parts i can't get, or wanna FC till my fingers are red. Uhm... Iv'e got big hands...

Weaknesses: Alt strumming, fast ascending HOPO's (ie. jordan's "guitar break"), SP strategy, near FC nervousness.

Ultimate goal: FC a bunch of songs... i take a great deal of pride in FC'ing songs... (preferably hard songs ). Reach the top 25.

- Shiek (in The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time)
RiseOfAsh  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: RiseOfAsh
Band Name: dot.dot.dot. (formerly Irish Common; changed after memory corruption)

Difficulty of Choice: Hard (Offers the right balance of fun with keeping me busy.)

Strengths: Trills, Consistant chord change songs (HFoB, TIO, Strutter, Girlfriend's rhythm) , SP Mapping/Execution

Weaknesses: Ascending Triplets, Descending 4-note scales, solos with back and forth sweeps (FoP, Six, TLTB)

Ultimate Goal: FC 35 songs on GHII Hard, Get a #1 on Easy or Medium. *eyes cdw suspiciously*

Notable Scorehero Accomplishments: Runner Up in B Leage Season 2, The @#$%! Thread

Last edited by RiseOfAsh on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:00 am; edited 3 times in total
tinyriconen  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: tinyriconen

Difficulty of Choice: Hard

Strengths: Uhhm... N/A?? Maybe my pinky... and notes all spread over the fret board but no need for alt strum or HOPO's (not kind of a strengths, but fun to do)

Weaknesses Alt strumming, Speed changes (such as in Thunderhorse), Repeating HOPO's (Free Bird) and lots lots lots lots of other stuff (A)

Ultimate Goal: Trying to reach the best 100 for 10 songs on Hard (i'm not that good you know )
BigE  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: BigE

Difficulty of choice: Hard

Strengths: definitely none

Weaknesses: Strumming and pressing the fret buttons

Ultimate goal: Top-100 in Hard. Passing Expert (just freebird and some bonus to go)

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:
Strengths: definitely none

Stole mine...

User: Ensiferous3

Strengths: I can hit the easy notes....

Weaknesses: Alt. Strumming and fast passages

Ultimate goal: Play better, seriously I suck.
Sensorium139  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: Sensorium139 (epica song +139)

Difficulty of choice: All of them but I prefer Medium

Strengths: I'm good at downstruming and getting past 100,000 on songs

Weaknesses: Orange button(what? I'm a girl with little hands its hard to reach that orange button!),and whammying without messing up a bit

Ultimate goal: To get 200,000 or play expert without screwing up badly
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: Sottle

Difficulty of choice: Expert/Hard

Strengths: Downstrumming (Top 100/GG on GH1 using exclusive downstrumming). Consistency (Once i "learn" a part, i never really miss it). And it seems i'm very good at solos now the new HOPOs have come in.

Weaknesses: Alt strumming, not so much anymore, 5*'ing Misirlou and Meteo's Wolf And Raven custom has got me reasonable skill at this. Star Power, not once have i looked at a note chart to see where to use star power for myself, i generally just use other peoples. Note memory, i see all these people saying "oh yeah just do blah blah blah for that GGRRYRYGRYRY bit" and it amazes me, i remember nothing, i have to REALLY struggle to tell you what he CFH riff is without having it in front of me.

Ultimate goal: Maintain Top 20 Hard and Top 100 Expert on GH2 to match GH1.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Kecos  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User:Kecos

Strengths:I'm good at sightreads, HOPOs I HOPO Jordan riff), and rhythm.

Weaknesses: I'm horrible at fast strumming, FCs, and concentrating after a few bad runs, super fast descending triplets(you know what I'm talking about)
Ultimate goal:More FCs, and Top 20 Expert GH2.

Last edited by Kecos on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: suspectfenster

Difficulty of Choice: Expert

Strengths: Fast strumming, chords

Weaknesses: Just about everything else. Even my strengths are just relative to my skill level. Especially terrible at scales.

Ultimate Goal Beat Twilight Princess ASAP so I can get back on the GH wagon (...it's gonna be a while )
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: PriestMLH (not really a priest)

Difficulty of Choice: Expert

Strengths: Steady Strum Rhythm, Recognizing rhythms patterns and timing, Chord Shifting, General HO/PO's

Weaknesses: Fast note changing solos, funky off-beat rhythms, Carry Me Home, Pre-FC Anxiety (choke artist), Squeezing, Short attention span, Over strumming on Alt strumming (I usually hit every note, but can't stop myself after I do), Never being satisfied

Ultimate Goals: Stay in the Top 10, Improve All Scores to Top 30, FC at least 40 Songs
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated as of January 1, 2007 at 9:16 PM

User: HylianHero (pronounciation key: Hi-lee-ehn Hee-row)

Difficulty of choice: Hard. I can do Expert, but I'm much better at Hard.

Strengths: Trills, SP Usage, fast strumming in little sections, 123 triplets, and getting under 3800 points on a song and still passing it.

Weaknesses: Fast strumming for the entire song (Misirlou), fast chord changes that require a different fingering (Gemini), triplets that involve a 1-2-4 fingering, fast alt-strumming with breaks in between segments (PF), consistency.

Ultimate Goals: 5-star Expert in GH2, 6-star Hard, stay in the top 30 for Hard, 16 million Hard

Last edited by HylianHero on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HylianSH
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 1 of 46

Jump to: