ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rock This Town
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downstrum with Hammer-ons any chance I get in this song. Includes Main Riff, and the swing scale.
CowTipper  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danos wrote:
Funny, it's one of my favourites to play. It was the first song to stump me for 5 stars (as I progressively played down the list) and I didn't mind sitting there for 2 hours until I got there. It's one of the few songs that gets me bopping along.

Having said that I'm glad that I can just play it now without the pressure of getting a 5er.

I completely agree with that. It was also one of my first songs that I had trouble five starring, and I have a lot of fun playing it now without any pressure.

tommy2000 wrote:
So do people alternate strum the riff or downstrum with hammer ons? I've only played the song about 3 times and i tend to do the latter, it's tiring but sometimes i build up a combo. I think i could 5 star this song if i could consistently do this part.

I just double strum it all, because it just makes the timing easier for me for some reason.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hammer on all the verses... only parts i alt strum on this song are the obvious ones.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Koteric PSN Name: Koterrors
H4x0r  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont kno if n e 1 else said this but heres the easiest way to get 4x's multiplier on the swing 8th scale (if u having trouble with it)

instead of strumming 'do dodo dodo dodo dodo dodo dodo dodo dodo' (if u understand that)... just strum straight eighths 'do do do do do do do do do...etc'...

the amount of time to hit a note allows u to do this easily
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is different from all the others to me. No other song is played with similar technique. Also this song wins my award for most atrocious cover. The original is WAY WAY WAY better.
eachann  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn , came here to see if somebody had posted a good star strategy but I guess not

I'm getting pretty close to 5 starring this song finally... funny thing is that even before I read this thread I'd had people tell me to make it easier I could just play 1/8 notes instead of the actual swing rhythem gallop whatever you want to call it... but for me, I have to play what I am hearing or it throws me all off.

Anyway.. i've broken 200k several times now with a 2.6x average multiplier, so I'm almost there! Thought maybe a better star power strategy would push me over the hump.
Slazer  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i JUST beat this song on expert...FC hasn't even crossed my mind

<-- add this to your sig!!
SlyYam  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:

Anyway.. i've broken 200k several times now with a 2.6x average multiplier, so I'm almost there! Thought maybe a better star power strategy would push me over the hump.

Yeah I'm in the same boat..

I save the SP and use it on the walking part (GG RR YY BB OO) because that's the only place I can really keep my 8X

Why did Demonix take down his sp chart? Anyone else wanna help us out with thier SP chart ?
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RTT path.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's more points with your 3rd activation at 122 instead of where you have it...I didn't count though.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, people have told me that it shuold be 2, 2 at the beginning instead of 4.

Also, my last activation should begin where I have it ending.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use about the same path but I do 2 2 instead of 4 on the first. If I whammy the end of the first SP I can fit 1 or sometimes 2 RB chords into the 8x. Also, at the end I like to wait for the last set of RB chords to activate so I get the G hold and the RBO hold points. It's almost an extra 1,000 points.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll post a quick strategy. I'll post it in pic form later if no one else does.

2: Use on the GY chord at the beginning of Measure 24. Should end on 1st YB chord in Measure 28. Try to squeeze the G at the end of Measure 23 if it's possible.

2: Use at Measure 46.

2: Use at Measure 64.

4: daevlol's big mistake: Use at the RB chord right before Measure 122. Sure, Measures 113, 114, and 118 have lots of notes, but 117 sucks, and the other measures around there aren't that dense either. Solo 2 has a higher overall note density.

2: Use at the 1st RB chord in Measure 165. Should last long enough to get the final chord under SP.

That's how you do it.
*waits for a squeezer to kill my score
MLafer  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song's layout is really starting to piss me off. I've gotten runs as good as -3, with much worse scores because that activation in the solo is worth SO many points and i often screw up the transition from the chords to the GRY scales, and I ALWAYS miss the transition from the RYB scales to the Y-O chords...which is about 20 kerbillion points.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: 5 star Reply with quote

this, Jordan, and Six are the only songs i haven't 5 starred on expert. i don't get it. i can't get the hang of this one. i'm like 3,000 points away but i can never make it. it's annoying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: