ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rock This Town
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoNr  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh i get around 225k on it, how close am i to the dam 5*?? i feel like im really dam close to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: K0Nr
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, you're about 8k over it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up, but what is the deal with the holds at the beginning of the song. What determines the integer you get from it?
It is on all the difficulties the holds spit out a number by the time you are done with them. I have seen a 2,3,4,5,8,10. The holds are all connected to the next notes so it is obviously some kind of chart bug.

But is the number random or does it depend on hitting the notes late or early or what? I am pretty sure it happens in the last hold or near it because that is around the time when it pops up, I have ##,#00 until I finish it and take notice.

Figured someone would have said something this late in the game and everyone is always trying to squeeze points to get to the top now-a-days.

*Edit, I have gotten 10 from it before.

My only guess as to why this happens is that the last hold is either extended so it is going past the point of the note either before or after so it makes it possible to gain it by hitting the first note early or the last one late. That is my guess.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hit the 10th chord early, you get the last few ticks of the 9th chord's holds counted at x2 instead of x1. Same deal with the 30th chord (x4 instead of x3).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up, but what is the deal with the holds at the beginning of the song. What determines the integer you get from it?
It is on all the difficulties the holds spit out a number by the time you are done with them. I have seen a 2,3,4,5,8,10. The holds are all connected to the next notes so it is obviously some kind of chart bug.

But is the number random or does it depend on hitting the notes late or early or what? I am pretty sure it happens in the last hold or near it because that is around the time when it pops up, I have ##,#00 until I finish it and take notice.

Figured someone would have said something this late in the game and everyone is always trying to squeeze points to get to the top now-a-days.

*Edit, I have gotten 10 from it before.

My only guess as to why this happens is that the last hold is either extended so it is going past the point of the note either before or after so it makes it possible to gain it by hitting the first note early or the last one late. That is my guess.

ok the deal is this....youmay be strumming the next notes in the hold too early...causing you to loose a tick or two...the trick is to wait until the electricty stops then strum then....if you strumm all the hold notes late you will get all the points. if you strumm early you are loosing points off of the previous hold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
If you hit the 10th chord early, you get the last few ticks of the 9th chord's holds counted at x2 instead of x1. Same deal with the 30th chord (x4 instead of x3).
Barbaloot's right, in addition, the maximum gained from each hold is known to be 8 ticks or 16 points. Personally I've only managed 14. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight medium also has a set of holds that you can gain ticks from. I've gotten a total of 13 points, which means there's probably 14 possible, 7 from each. The bpm is only ~180 there, so 1 less is possible from each hold.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is till have 4.5* on this gay song. th=x 4 the help tho
guitarroker  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit! I got 211k on this, my new high score, now I can only score 160k after getting 211k! And what's with the ____ ____ ____ ____ parts? I can't hit them for the life of me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye ;S

I keep messing up in different places =P

Decided 2 go back and try some GH2 today, work on the log or something, been away from GH for some time now... I got fekking Misirlou from 130k --> 202k in about 10 tries, but cant go above 210k on Rock This Town... ^^

Practice makes perfect i guess, but practice is darn boring

Goals:
Log =D
Tap TtFaF intro
15 Expert FC's GH III (13/15)
FC The Metal
Get Jordan finished already! (07.04.08)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: