ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Beast and the Harlot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
commongiga  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a few runs to get the main riff too, but once I did it was oh so sweet. The strumming rhythm is awkward until you really get in ingrained into your head. I can't stop playing this song.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can 100% solo D on slow everytime so I'm halfway there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah; I finally got the rhythm for the main riff down last night. Like Bark at the Moon, once you've got the beat ingrained into your head, the rest comes naturally. 5-star = GET!

Oh, but that solo is absolute wankery. I can't get any higher than a freakin' 2x over there.
schenksta  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here ever use that last star power usage thats in the last chorus? i never seem to find a use for it, since you can whammy the star power notes in the part before the 2nd main riff for a full bar.

Goals:
-Give my Xbox the Red Ring so i can send it in []
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just forget about it because you can't use it unless you want to waste SP.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Jikkir  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapion013 wrote:
Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that at measure 112 beat 3, there's no orange fret? That has to be some kind of mistake....

Nah, that really put me off the first few tries as well.

Now I'm fine with it.

Anyway, in a couple of days this has gone from one of my worst songs to one of my best.

The alternate strumming doesn't bother me any more, I just go sraight UDUDUDUDUDUDUDUD in the main riff, even though they land oppositely.

I just need to stop making dumb mistakes now.

Finally got over 400k today as well though

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two different SP paths. One is for those who want to achieve a high score, but can't hit solo d. The second is the path that, if you think you can FC it, you should follow. I derived the first path from Legleg's video, and created the second one on my own.

Beast and the Harlot - Expert - Non FC Path

Beast and the Harlot - Expert - FC Path

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I'll be all over that 2nd path ASAP tomorrow. (Unless I feel like doing FoP, BR, and TLtB.)

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone just count notes already and figure out if 1-2-2-2-1 or 2-3-2-1 is better (for nonfc)? >_>

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
A7XChaos  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the first song I ever played on GH2, simply for the fact that it was this song. And on expert mind you... failed the first two times because I had no idea what I was doing with the buttons, then got it :P. I have the song 5 starred so I feel happy about that. And for those of you guys who get 425k +, that's amazing.

As for the SP, I go with 1-2-2-2-1 as well, but I mess up randomly during the main riff and it pisses me off... sitting at 360k, which ok, but I'd like to do much better.

A lot of people seem to have trouble picking this song... it might just be because I play this song on guitar, but this is what I do:

DUDUD-DUDUD-DUDUD-DUDUD-DUDUD---
DUDUD-DUDUD-DUD-DUDUD-DUDUD-DUD
popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure using the first SP on the Red notes (specifically, the first note of the 2nd RRRRB strand) is better than getting two and going up right away
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shashakiro wrote:
can someone just count notes already and figure out if 1-2-2-2-1 or 2-3-2-1 is better (for nonfc)? >_>

When I calculated the difference between the two for league play, I got that the difference was rather insignificant - 1-2-2-2-1 was better by 75 points (pre-multiplier). This assumed you whammied the first activation as much as possible, used it at the first red note of measure 29 in 1-2-2-2-1, and got all the squeezes on both paths. Random error (missed squeezes, delayed activations, etc.) is likely to cause more variation than the 75-point difference between the paths. That being said, each path has its perks.

The first thing to notice, obviously, is that the last two activations are going to be the exact same in either path: half a bar at measure 137 and a full bar at 149, so the difference is only between the first 5 phrases.

1-2-2-2-1 splits the first 5 SP's up into 3 activations, while 2-3-2-1 splits them into 2 activations. In my calculation, I included a squeeze each time. If you are like most players and won't get a squeeze out of any of those activations, your SP will probably miss more notes relative to my 1-2-2-2-1 calculation than to my 2-3-2-1 calculation. This alone erases the 75 point gap.

In each path (assuming you aren't doing the FC path), you will have an activation right after the solo. Knowing this, if you are unlikely to have a 4x coming out of solo E, I would recommend 1-2-2-2-1, because you would have only 2 phrases to use after the solo, so you could put off the activation for a little over a measure after the verse starts in order to get your multiplier back up a little. Putting it off any more than that causes the activation to run into the "worthless" measures 112 and 113. With 2-3-2-1, you have 3 phrases to use coming out of the solo, so SP already runs into measure 112, and you would need to use it immediately at the start of the verse to maximize the number of notes it gets.

Finally, if you are going for the FC and using SP at the beginning of solo D, 2-3-2-1 is better. A drawback to 2-3-2-1 in the non-FC path is that it runs into "worthless" measure 112 on the activation after the solo, but this will no longer be an issue if it is used during the solo.

I hope this all made sense. Essentially, for the standard, non-FC path, the two paths are too close to really make a difference.

Last edited by Barbaloot on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
httenrai  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson007 wrote:
Im still not very good at that main riff. But I managed to 5* it with just over 300K.

I like playing the song, but for some reason I cant condition my hand to alt strum 5 times and then stop like that over and over without getting tripped up .

That's the exact problem I'm having. It feels like running up stairs with odd plateaus, and it doesn't take long before my foot biffs right into the landing, causing me to tumble, tumble, tumble...

Ok, maybe that's an exaggerated metaphor, but that riff is killing me. I can't find a feasible way to do it, and I only have 4 songs left to left.
ThePriest  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7XChaos wrote:
A lot of people seem to have trouble picking this song... it might just be because I play this song on guitar, but this is what I do:

DUDUD-DUDUD-DUDUD-DUDUD-DUDUD---
DUDUD-DUDUD-DUD-DUDUD-DUDUD-DUD

Yeah, that's exactly how you should do it. I play real guitar too, so maybe that's it. :P

To make it simpler, you just downpick 8th notes the entire time and fill in the 16th notes with upstrokes. Same thing can be used on Stop's main riff too, as well as those 3chords in ToaHiaPH, except on that one I think you pick e and uh's with upstrokes and fill in with downpicking.

[one song away from Guitar God on GH1 and GH80s, two on GH2 and GH3] and staying that way

Latest: Epic choke like 4 times in a row
debr5836  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spopt.pl optimized path for beastandtheharlot.mid

File: beastandtheharlot.mid
Solution Path: 2-3-2-1
Estimated Base score 100752
Estimated Perfect w/o SP 399137
Estimated SP Score 84037
Estimated Total Score 483174
Activations:
From meas 38.1875 (G note) to meas 46.2500 (GR note) Score: 26200 ((131.0 + 0.0) * 200 )
From meas 96.0000 (G note) to meas 102.8750 (R note) Score: 25400 ((126.0 + 1.0) * 200 )
From meas 137.0000 (O note) to meas 141.0469 (GY sust) Score: 6837 ((34.0 + 0.2) * 200 )
From meas 149.0000 (G note) to meas 157.0000 (YB note) Score: 25600 ((128.0 + 0.0) * 200 )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: