ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jordan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartwork wrote:
I need suggestions.
I usually get about half way through Solo B then need to use star power.

Problem is, my guitar doesn't want to half the time.
Any suggestions to make it work better?
SELECT BUTTON!!! GRAAAAH

Er, I mean, use the Select button to deploy SP.
lucothefish  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
God, it seems like over half the posts in this thread are newbies whining about how they can't beat Jordan and adding nothing to the SP discussion (or playing strategy, or anything else).

^^^^^^This.

The thread you are in is the SP PATH thread to help people get better scores at Jordan.

The Official Jordan help thread:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13736

The "I beat Jordan" thread:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14998

Hope that clears things up

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SP path

That is assuming you dump you SP somewhere between Solo B and C.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWingh wrote:
My SP path

That's basically the exact path I've been using, with a most recent score of 345k. I'm still working on 100%'ing the guitar break/solo a consistently, so I'm sure it will get higher. Do you think using the 4 at the very end is better than trying to squeeze the two from the bridge and using the two after that? I hope it is, because activating right after the bridge is extremely hard.

2792-8751-9200 GH3 FC, please PM me with your FC if you add me.
Goals:
[x] FC a whole tier of songs
[x] break 1 million on a co-op
[x] FC Jordan solo b in a real run
[ ] FC Jordan solo c in a real run
[ ] FC Jordan
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xMrSprinklesx wrote:
ShadoWingh wrote:
My SP path

That's basically the exact path I've been using, with a most recent score of 345k. I'm still working on 100%'ing the guitar break/solo a consistently, so I'm sure it will get higher. Do you think using the 4 at the very end is better than trying to squeeze the two from the bridge and using the two after that? I hope it is, because activating right after the bridge is extremely hard.

if you can get the activation immediately after the bridge, you get an extra 11 notes under SP, which, assuming a 4x multi, gives you 4400 extra points.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
xMrSprinklesx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks phantom, I've gotten the activation a few times now, but many times when I go for it, I end up missing the second SP in the bridge because I'll lose focus on the last few notes trying to get ready to hit select. I'll work on getting those 4400, because I know working on tapping solo B will be a lot more frustrating than squeezing the 2-2 out of the end.

2792-8751-9200 GH3 FC, please PM me with your FC if you add me.
Goals:
[x] FC a whole tier of songs
[x] break 1 million on a co-op
[x] FC Jordan solo b in a real run
[ ] FC Jordan solo c in a real run
[ ] FC Jordan
Crocodile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figgered you guys could use some help. So I stop lurking now.
Beginning of the song: Work the verse over and over untill you can consistantly hit all the notes. The beginning of the chorus will help, but isn't absolutely necessary, to 5* this song.

Once you can consistantly hit the intro stuff, you can work on 5*ing without compromising your solo star power. You pick up the first star power during the verse, then the second one during the beginning of the chorus. Use it IMMEDIATELY after you get it. You MAY be able to pick up the star power during the chorus. If not, don't worry about it. Get the next one, the second one in that verse... in other words, you can use this time to fill up your star power if you miss the one during the bridge. If you get the one during the bridge, you have the option of using a second star power during the verse (after you get the first one there). This will only leave you with 75% star power for the solo, though, so it's a risk. (and you don't NEED to take it to 5*!). Bridge, if you're not perfect, don't worry about it.
You need to hit the star power at the beginning of the solo (assuming you can't beat the solo with 75-50% SP). After that, perfect the solo, then watch out for the triplets. They're going to give you hell if you don't work on them. If you can run the triplets better, you can wait longer before using SP during the solo. Now, I recommend waiting untill you're halfway into the red before using SP, but if you're slow, you might want to do it a little earlier (to avoid failure). Push your way through the solo, watch for patterns (up-and-down runs and such), keep working it untill you get to the BHOF. You'll know it when you see it.
Work through the variation of the beginning of the solo, it's nto hard, pick up the star power on the easy long-note section. The rythmic section shouldn't be hard, then comes another little solo. This one's fairly simple, mostly just runs up and down. Then comes my favorite part: The bridge. It's really not hard. You just need to be good at triplet strumming. Hold green the entire time, and tap the other notes as necessary. If you're amazazing at HOPOs, then obviously you don't need to strum as much. I choose to strum, because, well, I make mistakes. It's not a hard strum pattern. Practice it slow if you have trouble. The bridge is where you want to rack up a ton of points, so save your SP from the easy part for here. Use it when you get a 4x, then keep going. End of the song, use any star power you get immediately (assuming you have a 4x).
Congratulations! You've 5*d Jordan. Welcome to the ring of 1337 GH players.
Som3dud3  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's PriestMLH's Path:

bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above poster: resize your avatar!!! you will suffer the swift and terrible retribution of the pink unicorn if you don't, plus the page is just a pain to read. Also, squeezing jordan is not a main priority for anyone except maybe HA or someone like that. You will only add about 2-3K to your total score even if you hit every squeeze perfectly, so squeezing isn't really an issue.

To 5* this song you need to use your first 2 SP phrases right away so you can still hit the next 4 to use in solo B/C. then save up a full bar across D-E and activate at the start of F. try your best to hit at least one of the SP phrases in the bridge, get the next to in the ending, and activate immediately. Even if you completely bomb B/C (I got 52% combined on these solos on my 5* run, and 82% for the entire song) you should be able to 5* it.

muna  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuchoPwnago wrote:
I need some help on the end of solo A. Those triplet digressions are kicking my butt. I can do the intro fine and the beginning of solo A but when I get to the triplets right before solo B I find myself having to use starpower which I desperately need for solo B. Any tips on how to possibly 100% those triplets?

Treat them as 4 note pull offs. I always FC them like that, before failing afterwards.

On Topic:

How to go Beyond the 5* while still needing to use a full bar in the solo

Get 2, activate IMMEDIATELY.
Get 2, activate IMMEDIATELY
Get 4, use AS LATE into Solo B as possible.

I can't pass it, but If I am calculating this correctly, this is the best path for needing a full bar in the solo (assuming you could hit both solo A paths which aren't that difficult). Just make sure you activate as soon as possible on both to avoid running over the next phrase.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my path for those who can't tap the barstard.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3236/jordanguitarexperthy0.png

This got me the 5 star, though I can't get the ones in the bridge, I'm pretty sure you can whammy the 2 SPs in Solo A to get half a bar.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
emptyset  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset, oh, 10 or so months ago wrote:
Remember the time that these threads were for star power discussion and strategy?

Yeah. If anything unrelated to star power continues to clutter up this thread, it will get nicely spliced and diced and removed. This goes for ANY and all SP FAQ threads. This is what is for. It is a pain in the ass to sift through all of this to find information, and if you think we're kidding, this thread used to be 19 pages...

Posting anything off-topic in a SP FAQ thread such as this will mean that you are blatantly ignoring the information in this thread and should have your posting privileges removed. I just removed ~160 posts. Good day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really possible to get a full phrase out of the last phrase in the verse 2 and the 2 phrases in solo A?
I mean, is it possible without doing tons of ridiculous whammying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean a full bar, no it isn't.
the4stringking23  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
If you mean a full bar, no it isn't.

Does that mean it is if you can get a lot of early whammying?
I just saw some paths that were using 8 measures with only those three phrases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: