ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cowboys From Hell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the alt. strumming. If you got through on Hard, you can get through on Expert, there's the same number of notes in the riff. Just concentrate on the fingering.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unable to beat this song

I've been failing at 8, 9, 12, 13 all day, with one bright spot of near completion at 94%. The song is so easy, its just the damn intro that absolutely kills ya.
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made it! 257884!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Four damn months was way too long! But I am proud to say that this score pushed me to the top 50 on the GH leaderboard for the first time. If only GH2 was this easy...
manicmonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had almost that exact score the first time i five starred it do you feel fuzzy inside now? i know i did
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Maybe THIS Will Help Reply with quote

Ok so this is just something I thought up based on what I've always used as a helpful tool to learn hard riffs on guitar or troublesome scales/licks on tuba.

For those of you who DON'T KNOW music theory all of that well I'm gonna try to bring it down to a very simple level and for those that do... bare with me..

Let's take the first riff from CBFH... now since Guitar Hero won't allow us to slow it down all we can do is practice, practice, practice... but the problem is we're struggling at a super fast speed and one of the FIRST things that we are taught in music is to SLOOOOOW it down until you can play it perfectly and THEN slowly bring it up to speed from there.

But, you say, we can't do that in G-Hero... so what are we to do? Well how about this:

|---|---|---|---|

Let's say that's the streaming fretboard on the screen as you're playing... wel the | stand for downbeats or where the "pulse" can be found... Pat your chest, knee, foot on the ground, dog, or whatever you can find along with the riff, but ONLY on the down beats...

So what you'll end up with is:
G---Y---B---Y--

That is where you feel the beat... Now how you "finger/fret" it is totally up to you, but for me I play 121231213121234 where I start with my index on the green then move to red while playing the FIRST yellow, but once again whatever works for you.

The concept here is to just play the downbeat notes where you have the pulse... then after getting used to this.... add the second note of the measure.

So now you'll be doing this:

GR--YR--BR--YB-

What this is called is "breaking" the riff down or "fragmenting" it. This is a nice alternative to slowing it down, since we don't have that option.

After you're used to playing the first two notes of each measure, we'll add the 3rd note in...

So you'll have:

GRG-YRY-BRY-YBO

Once you've got this down, just add in the final note and you've GOT IT!

GRGRYRYRBRYRYBO

Let me know if this helps you!
[/u]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
pacemaker  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is so much easier to 5 star once you've already done it once.

What worked for me was finally nailing the main riff and star power raping it.

For those of you having trouble with the main riff, here's my strategy.

GRGRYRYRBRYRYBO

Break it down into beats.

GRGR-YRYR-BRYR-YBO

Now simply count aloud when you play it.

1 e and a - 2 e and a - 3 e and a - 4 e and

G R G R Y R Y R B R Y R Y B O

There are 4 notes in a beat, 16th notes for those of you who know a little bit of music. Hope that helps a bit.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pacemaker42
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came 4oo pts short of a 5* on this song a couple weeks ago and my scores keep going lower and lower......I can't explain it.....it's not that hard.....

GH GOALS (EXPERT):
20 mil (GH2)
Top 100 (GH 80s)
20.5 mil (GH3)
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't see a chart readily available in this topic, and many people have difficulty with the YBYRR YBYRR fill in between the GY chords, I put together a SP path for those that have this handicap. It's not the *OPTIMAL* path, but it still will get you a very high score if you hit everything outside of the solo and those fills. All areas marked in red should NOT be whammied at all, since instant activations are very difficult (read: impossible) in GH1. Hope this helps anyone having trouble 5-starring this song or trying to reach a certain goal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only get a 67% and then I fail what am I doing wrong
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceberg13 wrote:
I can only get a 67% and then I fail what am I doing wrong

for some people, they just aren't ready to beat it yet.....some people keep trying over and over again, hoping to get lucky.....

really what you should do is look at note charts for other songs that you can beat and see if they have similar patterns to the ones found in CFH.....

or what you can do is look on youtube and find a good player who posts videos that show his/her hands.....the best example i can think of is sArmstr0ng (the 0 is a zero)

just watch his technique and you'll get it.....

GH GOALS (EXPERT):
20 mil (GH2)
Top 100 (GH 80s)
20.5 mil (GH3)
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got 422k . And I kept overstrumming before the RB chords...

saxev2005  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this song......I am more than capable of 5*ing this song easily......i can't explain this horrible phenomenon!!!!!!!!!!! I'll 5* every song on GH2 before I get CFH!!!!!!!!

GH GOALS (EXPERT):
20 mil (GH2)
Top 100 (GH 80s)
20.5 mil (GH3)
Tomthegod  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt beat this song for sooo long, but then in may i beat it on my birthday, so that made me very happy
bball2026  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Don't worry about the alt. strumming. If you got through on Hard, you can get through on Expert, there's the same number of notes in the riff. Just concentrate on the fingering.

i care!
SideEffect89  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are having trouble passing this song, i suggest mastering the riff on hard mode first. mastering it on hard means you master the timing, you will never get the timing down if u keep failing at 10% on expert. if u master it on hard, you can probably survive the main riff on expert if u apply the same timing , and once you are able to survive it you can work up to having your fingers memorize the buttons.

now i just need help with the yellow-blue-yellow-red-red-yellow-blue-yellow-red-red part i can only do it some of the time any tips on that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: