ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hammer-Ons/Pull-Offs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Hammer-Ons/Pull-Offs Reply with quote

Igght, heres my problem, i am a fairly regular player and am a good player (not great mind you), but there is still one thing that kills me every single time, it's solos that have a lot of hammer-ons/pull-offs (Bark at The Moon, i'm looking at you). is there any special technique to getting these things right, ot is it something that comes with practice. And speaking of practice, what songs should i be doing if i want to be getting better at hammers and pulls, cuz that tutorial hasn't taught me jack crap
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I find the tutorial totally useless too. For one thing, I find that even though I can do HOPO in the tutorial (sometimes), I still can't get them to work when I'm actually playing a song. And another thing, doing the tutorial isn't really practice when you only get to do 6 HOs before it finishes and you have to start it over again. It would have been really nice if the game had included a practice mode where you could just play freestyle for as long as you want.

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy Stardust (Expert) has lots of different sequences that make for good HO/PO practice. It's a nice slow song, too, so you can largely focus on exactly what you're doing.

Keep in mind, however, that the timing window for HO/POs is smaller than the timing window for strummed notes, so your first couple times, you may even want to go as far as turning the audio off and focusing solely on what's being displayed. That's really what got things to start working for me, at least.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtherBill wrote:
... turning the audio off and focusing solely on what's being displayed. That's really what got things to start working for me, at least.

Excellent idea ! I'll try this as soon as I can. I think I have excellent basics now (I can hit almost every notes on every songs except solos), and now it's time to upgrade my skills, starting with HOs and POs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, once again, suggest flood on expert, maybe even hard (I can't remember what its like on hard). Don't worry about your streak or failing or anything, just keep trying to get the hammers and pull-offs.
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atremains wrote:
I, once again, suggest flood on expert, maybe even hard (I can't remember what its like on hard). Don't worry about your streak or failing or anything, just keep trying to get the hammers and pull-offs.

hard is also full of hammers, and i think i'll go with this cuz i personally like this song a whole lot more than Ziggy, and i love me some ziggy stardust

Edit: turning the sound off has helped more than i actually though it would, it makes me not worry as much about the rhythm of the song and more on the notes themselves. Granted, my scores are stll horrible on texas flood with no sound and still figuring out hammers, it's a nice little thing to help me build my skill
LearningGH  

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Dont forget CBFH Reply with quote

CBFH (Cowboys from Hell) Has the most Hammer-on/Pull-off practice in the game. :On expert at least: So if you are looking for a way to practice you should know that the GRGRYRYRBRYRYBO part of the chorus can be hammered on and most of the song other than the G_Y chord is totally immersed in these techniques.. Given it is a pretty hard song to get used to but when you get it and can X4 through the chorus.. its pretty cool.
GibsonGuy100  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: HO/PO Reply with quote

Yeah the tutorial ain't tought me anything. I reckon Texas Flood is pretty good aswell provided you choose the right difficulty for your skill level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: