ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DDR and GH
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you also played DDR, or another dancing game?
Played both DDR and GH
68%
 68%  [ 46 ]
Have only played GH
31%
 31%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 67

CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: DDR and GH Reply with quote

I've never played DDR but I dont understand how people compare them. one game you are using your feet and the other you use your hands. so why do people say that people who are good at DDR are also good and GH and vice-versa? besides that they are both rhythm games....
...Also, who here plays or has play DDR?
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played DDR, but not GH :p

Because of the wide timing window on GH (compared to DDR), I would say that its essentially impossible to compare them.
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play LOTS AND LOTS OF DDR/ITG. i'm good enough to the point where i'm like doing 10s in DDR in my sleep on double (except for Legend for some reason) and can do 11s on single, and 10s on double in ITG. when you get the hang of playing a music based game, the learning curve isn't as steep so you get better faster
Drakken  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played DDR a lot as well, though I'm not up to Fly1ngV's skill level.

I guess it's just that there are certain people who tend to be good at rhythm games in general, so whether it's with your feet or with your hands wouldn't make a huge difference. DDR to GH really isn't a great comparison, though, as Matt said.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play DDR...a lot. Heck, I've given just about every Bemani series at least a token try (except for Pop'N, as I've never had the chance to play one of those). I really don't go to arcades any more, though, so GH is the only thing I play these days unless we haul out our Cobalt Flux pad.

I've never seen anyone try to compare DDR and GH. They're similar in the sense that you're just doing stuff in time to music and are graded on how well you do so, though. (Then again, that pretty much describes just about every rhythm game out there, doesn't it?)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't think that DDR would help you with GH in anyway (other than that it is a rhythm game.
But Amplitude, that helped me immensely with PS2 controller play, that game is cake now that I've played GH with a controller.
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Mike  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll soon organise a gaming night and I wonder what is the best idea : invite friends for guitar hero, for DDR (I would rent the game & the pad) or for both games... So if anyone have experience something like that, let me know Mr. Green also tell me what you think will be cool or what you think will suck (can I write that word here?)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly every rhythm game requires three skills: a sense of timing, pattern recognition and the ability to adapt to unique controllers or control layouts. Because of that, people who excel at one game will usually be able to adjust to a new one fairly quick.

If you want to find a game to compare GH to, I'd say the three closest would be Guitar Freaks, Taiko no Tatsujin and Freq/Amp, though it will always be compared to DDR because of DDR's domination of the US rhythm gaming scene.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played DDR in arcades pretty much since they came to America. I got the home version in the summer of 2004. I was pretty good too, considering I'm not Asian , I could pass a couple 10s and almost all 9s. My pad got messed up though and I haven't played in a while. If I get a job this summer I'll probably buy a Cobalt Flux. None of my friends play DDR and I can kick all their asses at Guitar Hero, so I guess they have some connections.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played both... well own both and there is no way you can compare the both of them. While they are both rythem games GH used your hands and DDR uses your feet... unless you useing the controler. Anway I'm really good a both.... more so GH cause my feet won't move fast enough..... and GH has more of a rock/metal... while DDR... is....erm..... something else....lots...of genres
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i llike em both, but i found myself to be more entertained at GH then DDR, plus i'm better at GH
Anthrice  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've has DDRMAX2 for about a month longer than I've had GH. On DDR I am just starting to be able to pass songs on standard while on GH I can 4 star most songs on hard.

But thats probably because DDR has been ignored compaired to GH. Gonna have to start playing again. I just need to get over the damned flu.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play for hours at a time and did a bit of competition, but fell off the horse once school and work took over. I tried getting back on, but now I can't do two songs without my body wanting to wring my neck.

Now I'm jealous of my former self for being in that kind of shape. The crowds we used to get at Islands of Adventure were a lot of fun.
blind51de  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much respect for DDR or its many clones. For:

1) You don't play notes when you stomp the pad. You're just moving to the beat.
2) It effectively killed Beatmania (a DJ-type rhythm game that does play notes) in american arcades.
3) People act as if it's great exercise. They could just go out for a dang jog and burn calories for free that won't burn 20 bucks at the same rate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blind51de wrote:
1) You don't play notes when you stomp the pad. You're just moving to the beat.

Are you serious? That's kind of what dancing is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: