ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Parts cut out of songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Parts cut out of songs Reply with quote

I like the game over all, except the fact that they edited the songs. Such as spanish castle magic, if you listen to the original version, Hendrix sings, and there's about a three minute long solo. At least put the whole solo in expert.

Also, "Hey You" sounds nothing like it does originally, Pink Floyd sounds nothing like that...
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, Pink Floyd didn't do that Hey You thats in GH, it was The Exies, which i had never heard of until GH, but i digress. Secondly, if you put that three minute solo in there it would make the song feel like it runs on forever (i mean texas flood, which i perceive as the longest song in the game already feels like a marathon in itself). the reason for it being an instrumental as opposed to the actual singing is beyond me. i gues it's because that they had such a hard time in production replicating hendrix's voice that they decided that it would be easier to just make it an instrtumental. I believe that quite a few songs have cuts in them. To me, the one that seems to stand out would be Iron MAn, it's like missing a verse, the solo is too short, and all that, but thats all for the sake of time, which is totally understandable. Also, a lot of the songs have minor cuts in there (ie. the grunt at the end of Cowboys From Hell).
Echelar  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they had the license to duplicate hendrix's vocals, but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish none of them were cut. I want at least a few really long songs in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain sharp dressed man is actualy longer. I don't know about content but it feels like its played about 10% slower than the original.
Drakken  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp Dressed Man seems like it goes on forever. :p

A couple cuts off the top of my head:

-In Frankenstein, they didn't include all of the drum solo, for obvious reasons.
-Fire It Up's ending is shorter than the original version.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
first off, Pink Floyd didn't do that Hey You thats in GH, it was The Exies, which i had never heard of until GH, but i digress. Secondly, if you put that three minute solo in there it would make the song feel like it runs on forever (i mean texas flood, which i perceive as the longest song in the game already feels like a marathon in itself). the reason for it being an instrumental as opposed to the actual singing is beyond me. i gues it's because that they had such a hard time in production replicating hendrix's voice that they decided that it would be easier to just make it an instrtumental. I believe that quite a few songs have cuts in them. To me, the one that seems to stand out would be Iron MAn, it's like missing a verse, the solo is too short, and all that, but thats all for the sake of time, which is totally understandable. Also, a lot of the songs have minor cuts in there (ie. the grunt at the end of Cowboys From Hell).

yes your right on SCM solo, but when you play, you really don't care how long the song is, because your having fun

but they also made songs better with that too, such as killer queen, the originall is gret no doubt, it just sounds really well done with the guitar. Same with get ready 2 rokk...that song originally doesn't have a guitar, just turn the guitar off and then play the song, and you can hear what it originally sounds like
Matt  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm moving this to Misc Game Discussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: