ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My Name is Jonas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Medium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gusmahler  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 209,072, meaning that I only missed the last squeeze. But every time I've tried to re-squeeze, I've gotten only 208,872. So I not only missed the squeeze, I missed another single note. With this song, I have no idea where I can even miss a note, because each activation borders on another SP phrase.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Now I just got 209,272, meaning I got the squeeze. How am I missing 200 points?

Here's my thinking, correct me if I'm wrong. A 2-note chord is worth 100. So under a 4x multiplier, I get 400, and under an 8x multiplier, I get 800. So if I can't get a chord in a squeeze, that means I'm 400 off. That explains my 209,072 score.

But it also means that 209,272 shows I missed a single note. But each of the activations, except the first, borders two SP phrases, so I would know if I missed a note in an activation (plus, it's impossible to miss a note in those types of activations.)

The first activation can start on any one of 7 different notes and still be the same. I choose the G before the next SP phrase, while Ice's path starts at a GR, but they are functionally the same.

Is it possible that I'm somehow not getting that first note under the activation?

EDIT: I'm probably just talking to myself at this point. But I think I figured it out. For the third activation, I had been activating instantly. That is, I pre-tilted my guitar so that, as soon as I hit the final note of the SP, it was activated. I think the last note of the activation was being cut-off.

Instead of doing that, I've been waiting a tiny bit and activating via select. I seem to be getting all the points now. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to hit the squeeze again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a small squeeze on the first activation you may be activating it to late other then that there are not single notes to miss in the song.

I activate the 1st activation on the 12th g and you can either squeeze that activation or squeeze the GR which is the last note of the 1st activation but really it should be easy to get if you are still missing 200 then dunno what to tell you
gusmahler  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I got 208,472. Meaning I not only missed the last squeeze, I missed several other activations also. I didn't think that was possible. Then again, I have no idea how I had 208,600 once.

This song is really starting to bug me. My original goal was to FC it on Hard, but I've been derailed because I keep trying to get optimal on Medium.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusmahler wrote:
Yesterday, I got 208,472. Meaning I not only missed the last squeeze, I missed several other activations also. I didn't think that was possible. Then again, I have no idea how I had 208,600 once.

This song is really starting to bug me. My original goal was to FC it on Hard, but I've been derailed because I keep trying to get optimal on Medium.

I think you're thinking about it too much. The first activation is relatively easy, make sure you hit that last chord early just to make sure you got it. 2nd activation, make sure you hit select before that first chord, that would probably be a place you're losing points, but don't squeeze the chord. 3rd activation is an easy pre-tilt, hit the strum the last note early if you're worried about getting it in. Last squeeze is the only difficult one, but very possible, and you've said you've got it before. Hope you join me soon with opitmal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the first activation. I just got 209,272 again. So I looked at Debr's chart and I should have 59,000 at the end of the 18th measure. But sometimes, I have 58,800 at that point and others I have 59,000.

Still doesn't make sense to me, though. I've been activating on the 12th G, hitting the note late. But the last note under SP is a chord, which I'm definitely hitting (otherwise, I'd be 400 short, not 200 short). But the times I've gotten 59,000 at the end of measure 18 were the times I activated at the 2nd Y of the skipped over SP phrase.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t cause i couldn't brag enough in my comments on my score.

first to optimal on the wii

really actually wasn't all that hard to pull of the last squeeze i just figured out over tonight how to pull big squeezes so watch out for me in the future. anyways just happy i hit optimal with this song I thought it was really hard awhile ago but after trying it again got the optimal on first try
Duha  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusmahler wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the first activation. I just got 209,272 again. So I looked at Debr's chart and I should have 59,000 at the end of the 18th measure. But sometimes, I have 58,800 at that point and others I have 59,000.

Still doesn't make sense to me, though. I've been activating on the 12th G, hitting the note late. But the last note under SP is a chord, which I'm definitely hitting (otherwise, I'd be 400 short, not 200 short). But the times I've gotten 59,000 at the end of measure 18 were the times I activated at the 2nd Y of the skipped over SP phrase.

if you want optimal i have path below if you want to figure it out yourself don't look

2- 12th green small squeeze to last gr(really not the last one but it helps me out to know what to look for to squeeze)

S1- it is in the middle of the second activation

3-instant do it a little later then instant to make sure i get last not without having to hit it early

2-instant I just tilt the guitar up during this sp so it activates instant

2- NN double squeeze all the way to the last RY hold to be honest i squeezed so hard here i thought i might get a extra tick out of that hold so it really isn't to hard to hit.

actually come to think of it think ticks are possible. cause if i remember right I didn't do a double squeeze i just squeezed the first note. Mind you the reason i didn't hit the note early is because i felt i had a bit more room on the first activation and wasn't going to hit the double squeeze. So If my feelings were right i could have activated a tad later and picked up ticks on the hold.

what does everyone think possible or hogwash
Bedlam  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ticks accumulate so slowly in this song that I highly doubt that you could get any on that last hold.

Although I was pondering this earlier today, since, according to debr's charts, only an 80% level squeeze is required to hit that, a completely upperbound level late activation with a perfect early hit on the note could possibly yield one tick...

But I won't be trying till I've done alot more on Medium.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Yeah, its's DEFINATLY possible to tick that last activation... check my score XD...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Optimum route (post #2). I'm trying that out now. If anyone wants and easier route then the link below will get your around 202-204k if you get it 100%

NOTE: I am not exactly sure when the 2nd and 3rd star power end, I just guessed. Black is the star power you pick up and Red is when you are using it.

My Name Is Jonas - Medium - 202-204k Star Power Chart.
brayz  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got this game monday. i played this song for tha first time lastnite and fc'ed it. not optimul score. this song is too easy. i wanted thunderhorse to b my first fc. i guess this song will do
dragonspirit  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I absolutely love playing this song. I think it was the first song I aced on Medium. However all this squeezing and stuff is a bit beyond me, and I can't seem to get it right anyway.

I guess that means I will never get much higher than my 85th place on the PS3. Some songs I can't even bother to try as they are simply to hard to even wanna look at the squeezing part. To most of you however it seems to be nothing short of natural. Do I have so little time or do you guys have to much of it. ;)

It would explain how I was beat in an online match of pro-face off even when I never missed a note and used all the starpower I possibly could. ;)

Oh by the way, this is my first forum post here. ;)
cjsteamfoo  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good way to improve your squeezing. Post on the topic and thank hoorayitsmike if ya can.
Absolutely Everything You need to Know about Squeezing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!

i got 100% on it and got 201000 and something but realized i went into SP 1 not too late and missed 1 phase, next time got 99% and beat it with all phases used

nice path guys

just got 207272 on it with 100% and 9/10 phases
love this song
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on that second activation? I can't use the minus button due to it wierd position and it won't activate until the next note. Is a 3-SP immediate activation possible when tilting?

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Medium All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: