ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cult of Personality
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is a lot of fun, but I can't quite five star it, the part that kills me is when it will go something like this , it's the change from alternating Y-B that hurts, any tips?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the optimal path is

2 - Next Note
2 - GYB Chord
3 - Next Note
2 - Next Blue
3 - Outro, after the short vocal break.

Above poster:
Just strum in the parts that kill you. It's what I did on Sightread.
[*] YouTube Page.
[*] Rock Band Accomplishments Thread.
[*] RB2 Drum Scores / 50/84 Drums FCs
[*] RB2 Vocals Scores / 60/84 Vox FCs
[*] 11 Million Rock Band 1 Drums!
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adzicents wrote:
I think the optimal path is

2 - Next Note
2 - GYB Chord
3 - Next Note
2 - Next Blue
3 - Outro, after the short vocal break.

Above poster:
Just strum in the parts that kill you. It's what I did on Sightread.

Yep, that got me top 30 with 96%.
k3v227  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move the 2nd to last one up to the G note, and it's optimal. Thanks to pope for the path.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I use... different than k3v's... Anyone care to count notes?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

Yeah, sure. Here are the totals for the last set of activations, since your first two are identical. All points are pre-multiplier off of the notechart, and might have small errors in counting sustain points.

k3v's/pope's path: 3330+10030+2550 = 16210
*note* I moved the last activation up to the blue note to make use of more of the 4/4 measure to make the last squeeze easier.

smokyprogg's path: 5869+5985+3150 = 15004

For a FC, the first path is best. Both seem to be solid if one path covers more parts that you can combo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the optimal path I came up with from looking at the chart.
Cult of Personality optimal(?) FC path

It is the same as pope/k3v's path, but with a few technical changes:

1. Some of the measure boundaries are different. I believe the measures in this chart are correct since they fit the song better and the chart is more recent.

2. The second to last activation has been shortened to a more realistic length, but it is still long enough for this path to edge out smoky's path by about 5 notes.

3. The last activation has been moved back to the very end, picking up 2 more notes. (This probably also has something to do with the different measure boundaries.)

They seriously must have tried to lay out the SP as inconveniently as possible in this song. This was not an easy path to determine at all, and it really seems like you should be able to get more of the solo under SP with all the phrases there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... barbaloot, if you whammy that last phrase for the 2nd to last activation (the one with the activation in it), you will get about one more beat of notes, and it will cut off where k3v227 had it cut off...
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsmak wrote:
ummm... barbaloot, if you whammy that last phrase for the 2nd to last activation (the one with the activation in it), you will get about one more beat of notes, and it will cut off where k3v227 had it cut off...

I intended for that phrase to be whammied. (I have always used yellow for whammy + don't get SP phrase and red for no whammy.) Remember, about a fourth of a beat (if not more) is cut from each hold when SP whammying, so you will only have gotten about 3.5 extra beats of SP from all the whammying that goes into that activation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

That path got me 364k with an FC. Pope and I were trying to find a better one, and he came up with the one that k3v posted.

pope/k3v path > f4/smoky path

Barbaloot wrote:
batsmak wrote:

I intended for that phrase to be whammied. (I have always used yellow for whammy + don't get SP phrase and red for no whammy.) Remember, about a fourth of a beat (if not more) is cut from each hold when SP whammying, so you will only have gotten about 3.5 extra beats of SP from all the whammying that goes into that activation.

I just re-re-FC'ed using your path. I happened to be streaming at the time and happened to decide to record it (ustream's recording software is better than my webcam's recording software, so you can actually see what's going on this time).

http://ustream.tv/recorded/5fo,rzmnUF2mxtIfQaXG6obOmTem0Ia5

Enjoy

An FC with my old path (smoky's path) got me 364k. An FC with pope/Barb's path got me 367k. I didn't squeeze any more with Barb's path, so I think this goes to show that it is a superior one.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
adzicents  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
Time to ReFC because I missed the 8 star by a few hundred points... Thanks guys.
[*] YouTube Page.
[*] Rock Band Accomplishments Thread.
[*] RB2 Drum Scores / 50/84 Drums FCs
[*] RB2 Vocals Scores / 60/84 Vox FCs
[*] 11 Million Rock Band 1 Drums!
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a good path for those that can't FC the solos, but can nail everything else (getting roughly a 90%)? Right now I'm hitting 80-90% of the first solo, and 70-85% of the 3-part big solo.

At the moment, I'm just using k3v's path, but one change:

2-2-2 (as outlined in k3v's path), then, since there's 7 phrases left, simply hitting the ones before and after the solo, and trying to hit one or two of the ones in the solo, then use it after the break at the end. [Edit - With a full bar, I'm better off activating at Measure 107.]

Of course, there's a lot of notes in the solo, but I can barely keep a 2x/3x combo, so I think it'd be more proficient to use SP at the end (since that alone nets me around 30k under 8x I think). I'll try k3v's path, though, and post results comparing the two. [Edit] Once I stop missing stupid notes, that is. :P

If only it wasn't for the odd SP placing somewhere around measure 80 (the "overlap" in k3v's chart. =/

[EDIT] Hmm, I used two SP in the beginning of the solo and wound up with 3 left for the outro: I activated a measure later. Got 240k instead of the 235k. Not bad.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inflatable Pie:

This might be your best path for points, if you can't FC either solo (or at least a good chunk of them):

3 1st green (i didn't account for the whammies here, so you might have to activate earlier to avoid overriding the next phrase)
3 next note (i'm assuming these 3 will give you a full bar, so obviously activating before that green would be the only way to avoid overriding)

ok, this is where it gets tricky...first off, know that it's better to activate at the end of the song than the end of the solo, so if you're planning on hording for one final good activation, if you get that far, just hold on to everything until the end. if this is the case and you get to the end with a full bar, you'll want to activate on the first green in measure 106.

now, there are, as you said, 7 activations after the first 6. what i would strongly urge you to do is be able to fc measures 72~78. That way you could take the first 2 of these 7 SPs and activate over that, which would get you a lot of points, obviously. i figure that section is *pretty* easy, as far as the rest of the solo goes, and you can come out of SP quick enough to make sure you get a lot for the ending. then, work on hitting the SP in measures 82 and 87 for the most SP at the end.

I just tried this path playing normal style (so that I wouldn't combo the solos), and I got 241k with:

82% Solo
98% Verse 2
80% Start Soloing!
79% Keep Soloing!
88% Don't Stop Soloing!

And everything else FC'ed. I got all of the SP except the one at the beginning of Start Soloing! and the one in measure 82. I activated immediately after the SP in measure 76 (but, of course, didn't really combo much). Unfortunately, dropping combo in verse 2 knocked off some points during the activation I did there, and I missed a lot for messing up in Don't Stop Soloing!

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
DilutedFaith  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really need to use this path now. I knew after getting a -3 run of Cult of Personality with 289k that my path was horrible (I was having trouble thinking of a new one with the SP phrases being so clumped together in the solos). Thanks.
FC Monsters [X]
FC Cliffs of Dover [-1]
FC Cult of Personality [-3]
Five star whole career [X]
Five star TTFAF [x 629k]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: