ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The First Ever Official Guitar Hero Step File for Stepmania.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: The First Ever Official Guitar Hero Step File for Stepmania. Reply with quote

I had starting creating songs a while ago using original music and made them into Guitar Hero type step files using Stepmania's Pump It Up because it has 5 keys that can be used as the 5 fret buttons on the guitar.

I recently started using Guitar Hero and the note charts at:
http://web.purplefrog.com/~thoth/guitar-hero

Since it was nearly impossible to find the songs from Guitar Hero's main track listing I had to resort to using the bonus tracks because they weren't covers. So I picked Freezepop's Get Ready 2 Rokk for the main reason that it would be easiest to create because it is based off a techno song with a set BPM. Here is a stepfile. It has all 4 difficulties created but if you have a DVD drive it might be best to just use the newest version of the VGSPlayer.

Link to the downloable version of Get Ready 2 Rokk: http://bemanistyle.com/sims/simfile.php?id=24481

If you aren't a member of Bemanistyle, either sign up or give me a webisite so I can host it for download.

The score and meter don't actually work it is just to make it feel more like you are playing Guitar Hero. It could easily be made real if you create a theme for it but I have no knowledge in creating themes. I tried creating a Guitar Hero noteskin some time ago but I never could get it working with it being my first noteskin and all and I posted on forums requesting help and no one ever responded.

The notes look like this:

Anyway, I would recommend playing it in edit/sync mode in order to get the measures coming up to make it emulate Guitar Hero a bit more.
Recommended mods: Reverse Scroll, Incoming/Hallway, c400/c500, and Mirror (if Lefty).
Some of these mods are probably only on the ITG theme so if you don't have it would need to download that too.

I am working a few other songs at the moment; Cheat on the Church, Guitar Hero, Caveman Rejoice, Farewell Myth, and Decontrol.

And JCirri, your notechart for Cheat On the Church is wrong. I was driving me crazy when I was making the step chart because I followed it exactly and it took me a while to figure out that on one note you went off and it threw the rest off an 8th note.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet dude, were you able to actually use the SG controller on it? I just started (tonight actually) playing around with step mania trying to see how tough it would be to make a guitar hero version.

I know little about music though, so the BPM was throwing me off, how would I go about finding that out? I was using No One Knows as a test song.

About how long did it take you to set this all up?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: The First Ever Official Guitar Hero Step File for Stepma Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
And JCirri, your notechart for Cheat On the Church is wrong. I was driving me crazy when I was making the step chart because I followed it exactly and it took me a while to figure out that on one note you went off and it threw the rest off an 8th note.

Sorry about that.

No worries anymore, I've been working with the creator of those charts and now that I've got the real song data. The data has recently been converted into chart sources which he's used to render completely accurate note charts for all songs which are now available on his site.

Btw, nice job on the simulation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: