ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ok. enough is enough. possible PS3 to 360 switch
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirkDee  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Ok. enough is enough. possible PS3 to 360 switch Reply with quote

Greetings again all=)

Please don't take this as a worthless whine post because its not.

As said before, as a huge fan of the GH series since the first game I was so exited for GHIII.
I started counting days months before the release and this friday it arrived.

A few weeks ago I bought a PS3 for the sole purpose of GHIII. I knew that the online and community on the 360 was much better but I decided anyway to get a PS3 because all my friends have one.

I have now been through 3 les pauls with no luck. I still miss notes that I am SURE I hit. spent alot of time in easy mode with slow single notes to test this out. also have been playing to death with the lag calibration.

from reading forums here and other places it seems that this lag is a problem with all the PS3 guitars and we just have to get used to it until a fix is released.

I cannot play like this. I am far from the best player but the thing I enjoy the most in GH is working on FC's and high scores.

so I have found out I might as well get a 360 and another bundle. gonna be expensive but damnit I wanna play and enjoy this game!

anyway I have a question to you 360 users :

I know there is some problems with some of your guitars as well but you have no lag right?.
since the controllers use the built-in reciever in the 360 I would think its working alot better.

Anything you can tell me about the 360 I should know about I would love to hear it

Anyway thanks for listening to me and I hope I will get to play some of you one day=)

Cheers
Potential 360 buyer
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DirkDee PSN Name: DirkDee
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I've had with my 360 guitar is if I pull the neck out a little bit accidently, the blue fret stops working. I just have to be careful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know there are absolutely no problems with the PS2 version. We get no online play, DLC, or anything else, but we don't have bugs or defects either.

Why aren't religious people considered conspiracy theorists? They believe there's a "behind the scenes" operation going on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kunze16
DirkDee  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

endstille wrote:
You know there are absolutely no problems with the PS2 version. We get no online play, DLC, or anything else, but we don't have bugs or defects either.

Thats good to hear
But I cant go back to the PS2 now that next-gen GH is here with online play (and hopefully lots of DLC).
online GH has been a dream for me since the first game=)

have played 50-60 online matches and I have not have had so much fun since I cant even remember what game. even on my laggy guitar,hehe.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DirkDee PSN Name: DirkDee
ElvenMarth  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

endstille wrote:

That's a good point, but I think you should only get the PS2 version is if ALL you have is a PS2 and don't want an Xbox 360 for anything else other than GH. Otherwise, if you have both PS2 and Xbox 360, or are getting an Xbox 360 for games other than GH, go ahead and pay the extra $10 for the 360 bundle.
DirkDee  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvenMarth wrote:
endstille wrote:

That's a good point, but I think you should only get the PS2 version is if ALL you have is a PS2 and don't want an Xbox 360 for anything else other than GH. Otherwise, if you have both PS2 and Xbox 360, or are getting an Xbox 360 for games other than GH, go ahead and pay the extra $10 for the 360 bundle.

aye good point. I will off course play other games on the 360 as well if I get it. even if GH gets most of my playtime I also love other kinds of games. and the 360 have such a huge library of great games I have not had the chance to play before since I have been a playstation guy up untill now
dmaster13  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

endstille wrote:

Thank Neversoft for it recognizing it's TRUE supporters

Goals:

Top 5 on RB2 PS3 hard drums [ ]
GET A GH5 BAND STARTED [ ]
myspacemadman  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

endstille wrote:

thats why i love my ps2 version

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two crappy PS3 bundles before I just bought the PS2 version. Not only is there no way to perfectly calibrate the lag (I think it needs a negative adjustment but it's not possible darn it). The other main issue was that the guitars kept registering overstrums while I clearly wasn't at fault.

PS2 version is awesome but there ARE some bugs that can be annoying at times.

First of all there's the lag in Knights Of Cydonia. I'm no elite player so I couldn't care if less I miss a note or two more on Expert or Hard because of this but even when playing on Medium (where there really aren't that many notes) there's lag that can easily fuck up your FC run. It also gets really bad near the end (at least for the Medium version).

Another thing I noticed just today was that playing a song over and over can cause additional lag. I had restarted TTFAF on Medium at least 30 times and noticed the lag kept getting worse. My final run (before I exited) was a really choppy song. This problem is easily fixed though by either qutting or playing another song (I did both so I don't know which one was the remedy).

meister  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also getting it for the 360, but I'm not having many problems with ps3, I have a couple top ten scores on the psn leaderboards

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
schenksmill  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real problem I had with the 360 one was a bit of a loose neck on the guitar. I simply shoved a folded up piece of paper between the neck and body of the guitar, and I'll be damned if the thing tries to move now
DonkeyDood15  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only prob i had with the 360 version is my red button stopped working in 2 songs for a brief moment but that didnt last long.

Also my blue and orange buttons, you need to push them harder then the other 3 to get them to work. its annoying on chords. I miss alot of 3 notes chords :/
KJHall  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think you should buy a 360 just to play GH3 online. Believe me, it's not worth it. Now maybe if you could find some other games you might like as well, it might be worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with the X360 Les Paul so far. No lag of any kind (audio DD 5.1 through optical, video through HD component to an LCD TV).

But, the occasional framerate problems are horrible. Makes me want to vomit on the Neversoft quality assurance team... and then ask them if they could maybe come up with a fix, since the game is pretty sweet.
TGantz  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinalAeon wrote:
I had two crappy PS3 bundles before I just bought the PS2 version. Not only is there no way to perfectly calibrate the lag (I think it needs a negative adjustment but it's not possible darn it). The other main issue was that the guitars kept registering overstrums while I clearly wasn't at fault.

PS2 version is awesome but there ARE some bugs that can be annoying at times.

First of all there's the lag in Knights Of Cydonia. I'm no elite player so I couldn't care if less I miss a note or two more on Expert or Hard because of this but even when playing on Medium (where there really aren't that many notes) there's lag that can easily fuck up your FC run. It also gets really bad near the end (at least for the Medium version).

Another thing I noticed just today was that playing a song over and over can cause additional lag. I had restarted TTFAF on Medium at least 30 times and noticed the lag kept getting worse. My final run (before I exited) was a really choppy song. This problem is easily fixed though by either qutting or playing another song (I did both so I don't know which one was the remedy).

That lag off set has to be negative, I think your the first person other than me who said this, at least that I saw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: