ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 2 news from Game Informer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you pre-order GH2 without knowing the song list?
Of course! I'll play anything Red Octane will give me.
94%
 94%  [ 17 ]
No way. I've got to see the song list first.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

ragingoptimist  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero 2 news from Game Informer Reply with quote

I just got May issue of Game Informer, and it has a quick mention of the features of Guitar Hero 2. The two paragraph article states that it is slated to come out this winter, will have over 40 new songs, and has been confirmed for the PS2. The thing I'm most excited about, however, is that it has been reported that it will allow games to split off and play lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass! The article speculates about possibilities of online play or next-gen versions, but those facts haven't been confirmed.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you liked the first one, you'll probably like the second one, i don't know, they might just choose songs similiar to the styles of the first one, so basically, completely randomized
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero 2 news from Game Informer Reply with quote

ragingoptimist wrote:
I just got May issue of Game Informer, and it has a quick mention of the features of Guitar Hero 2. The two paragraph article states that it is slated to come out this winter, will have over 40 new songs, and has been confirmed for the PS2. The thing I'm most excited about, however, is that it has been reported that it will allow games to split off and play lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass! The article speculates about possibilities of online play or next-gen versions, but those facts haven't been confirmed.

Wow, this is good news. Do you have a link to an article talking about the lead / rhythm / bass features? It was my understanding this wasn't going to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course! I'll play anything Harmonix will give me.

Fix'd. Harmonix Music Systems designed the game, not Red Octane.
Although I like Red Octane, but that is besides the point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone typed up the article on GameFAQs so I am just reposting it;

Rock and Roll Never Dies
Guitar Hero Goes To 11, Or at Least II

The music lives on in Guitar Hero II, slated by publisher RedOctane to come out this winter. Developer Harmonix is currently in the studio bashing out over 40 new licensed songs for you to rock out to. At the time of this writing, the game was confirmed for PlayStation 2, but we've heard that nice-smelling tour roadies will set up its Marshall stacks on the next-gen console stage at some point
Apart from its new collection of fret burners and finger melters, Guitar Hero II will let gamers split off and play rhythm, bass, and lead guitar tracks -- a feature which should be hot if the game goes online. Of course, nobody in their right mind would play bass when they could get all the glory being lead axe! But whether you're holding down the beat or stealing the solo spotlight, you're gonna want to play this game until your eardrums bleed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Anthony  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would, after how amazing the first turned out I have complete faith in the song list they will provide for the second.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't care. I bought this one, LOVE IT, and I knew NONE of the songs. The closest I was to knowing a song was that I might have heard part of Take Me Out on a commercial, maybe a car commercial or something.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
I really don't care. I bought this one, LOVE IT, and I knew NONE of the songs. The closest I was to knowing a song was that I might have heard part of Take Me Out on a commercial, maybe a car commercial or something.

It was used to advertise the Sony PSP, which is why many YTMND websites about Sony use that song.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:

You've never heard of I Love Rock and Roll? Are you freaking kidding me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I dont know how you could avoid most of these songs. Several of the songs even appear in other video games (Ace of spades and another thing coming I know do for sure) and rock stations tend to play a lot of the songs on the list too.

The only bands from the licensed tracks I didnt know were the Exies and Burning Bridges. I'm almost certain that they made it on the list because the game makers ran out of options and wanted an even number for each set. Thats my theory anyway since those two bands seem to be unknown to several other people besides myself.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdwardTeach666 wrote:
yeah, I dont know how you could avoid most of these songs. Several of the songs even appear in other video games (Ace of spades and another thing coming I know do for sure) and rock stations tend to play a lot of the songs on the list too.

The only bands from the licensed tracks I didnt know were the Exies and Burning Bridges. I'm almost certain that they made it on the list because the game makers ran out of options and wanted an even number for each set. Thats my theory anyway since those two bands seem to be unknown to several other people besides myself.

Burning Brides and that is most certainly not the case.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up for me, your logic is flawless too by the way
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
krimsunmunkeys wrote:

You've never heard of I Love Rock and Roll? Are you freaking kidding me?

I am not freaking kidding you. I honestly hadn't heard any of these songs in their full forms before Guitar Hero.

Also...

EdwardTeach666 wrote:

Well, I don't know what games you heard these songs from, but I don't think I've played them, and I don't listen to the radio.
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the two songs I mentioned I'm pretty sure they are in one of the tony hawk games and gran turismo... actualy now that I think about it the Judas Priest song in gran turismo is turbo lover. I know Ace of Spades is in a few games at least though (almost positive one is tony hawk). You've got another thing coming is in grand theft auto (vice city), as well as bark at the moon. Megadeth has a song on there but it is peace sells.

This is all I can think of right at the moment...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: