Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Karaoke Revolution.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthrice  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Karaoke Revolution. Reply with quote

Bought it today for my fiancee, because she was getting upset that I am much better than her at DDR and Guitar Hero. Well, lo and behold, she is better than me at it. It is a lot harder than I expected(Although I guess me being a smoker doesn't help)

But I'm glad she finally found a game she can kick my ass in.

Anyone else ever play/have this game? It is pretty fun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it once. Very innovative.
trofl  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the dorm I was in last year, some other guys and I came up with a great game using Kareoke Revolution and the game Catch Phrase. First, we pass around the Catch Phrase wheel, and everyone gets a different word. Then we pick a random song in KR. Then you improv to the song about whatever word you got, passing the mic around during the song. There aren't really any winners or losers... although I guess you could lose if you piss your pants laughing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Galgo  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played it, very bad unless I use a high voice...I can change pitch better in a higher octive for some reason. What trofl said sounds like fun, also playing DDR and KR at the same time might be interesting.
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing its the same as Singstar?
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play it one time. it was at a buddy of mines birthday party 2 yeas ago and my other friend brought KR1 to the party. After someone claimed i had allegedly cracked one of the step areas his metal pad playing Max 300 on DDR: Max no bar, we decided to pop it in. And i being asian, my kareoke sense was tingling, much like spider-man. I went first, cuz i was trying to impress this girl there (i know, pretty stupid, but i was doing good for a while on DDR). i don't remember what song i played (it was either addicted or save tonight), but it was pretty good, pitch was right and all that jazz. She decides to play the next song, and totally upstage the hell out of me. i was so emasculated. the rest of the story with the girl is another story for another day.
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey FlyingV, I just hope the song you sang to impress her wasn't "I Will Always Love You"

On the same topic, I just picked up Karaoke Revolution for my wife, and it's really fun. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I do. I'm actually pretty good at it, even though I'm a crappy singer and have a really annoying singing voice.

It seems to me if they could combine Guitar Hero with Karaoke, you would have one hell of a fun game on your hands. Does anybody agree?

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Anthrice  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be hard as hell though. Only songs I can really effectively play and sing are Iron Man and Symphony of Destruction, simply due to the fact that they have simple parts for most of the lyrical sections.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathtongue wrote:

It seems to me if they could combine Guitar Hero with Karaoke, you would have one hell of a fun game on your hands. Does anybody agree?

Fricking genius idea, right there.

MisterAlex  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know whether or not we can edit the PS2 data files, as with Guitar Hero, to insert our own songs?
N4zgu7  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Karaoke Revolution (on xbox) it's pretty easy to insert your own traks, or others that some have made. KR Party, however, is quite a bit harder! Been trying to crack that egg for a while, as have a bunch of others. The ironic thing is that the xbox version of KR mod led the way to many of the mods on Guitar Hero and GH2, from what I understand (credit is given in some of the forums here for it) but it's not filtered back to KRP. Been trying to get in touch with the creator of KRMaker, but they seem to be long gone, sadly. I believe someone with a little Java knowledge would be able to build support into ARK Expander for the multi-part ARK file format that makes up KRP, and I'll try to, but I'll need to learn a whole lot of stuff first! That would enable us who want our own stuff in KR Party to be able to replace existing songs (there's 150 or so in it, plenty really!)

The reason this is interesting is because theoretically you could use the 'sing & dance' mode in KRP to emulate just that which is mentioned above: to have singing & guitar play along at the same time. Of course, I do not think there's a guitar controller made for XBox 'classic' - an adaptor from/for a PS2 guitar may do it??
rojocapo610  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, i was looking up for some info in this game. i think it would be fun to play with my gf, since she doesnt like to play anything that i like well anyways is this game any good? does it have hours of fun or you get tired of it right away?
thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4452935267237486
N4zgu7  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I can say it takes a little while for the novelty value to wear off! My wife & kids (and I must admit me) have been playing for almost a year - matter of fact the wife gets very cranky if she does not get a chance to sing at least once a week - prefer daily!! Made about thirty-odd songs myself (everything from Fergie, Pussycat Dolls, Pink to Linkin Park, with some older & more strange things in between - the Manowar track Thor is the most difficult one I've done - there's a 30-second scream in it that really takes it out of you!), but cannot post them anywhere to share any more which sux a bit, and 'repaired' a couple more that I felt were wrong-ish. That's all for Karaoke Revolution on the XBox, of course. The thing with KR is that the graphics are a little on the not-so-good side, and the lip-synch thing is a little offputting (the lipsynch with 'custom' songs is borrowed from a donor track to make it work, although I believe it's possible to create a lip-synch file that would line up correctly with the track, it looks to be particularly painful as you'd need to edit a very ungainly-looking file, if my guess is right)

Karaoke Revolution Party comes 'stock' with about 50 tracks, and there is DLC for it to add about 100 more (just look around the usual places...), which is plenty enough to get started. Not all are 'true' duets though - most are just 2 tracks scored separately, not truly separate lyric lines (like 'Endless Love', or 'Love Shack' is) Wife & I have lost many, many hours to doing duets! I'm still trying to figure out how to get KRP to work unpacked, as I'm convinced if I can crack that then I've got a chance at developing songs for KRP as well, which would be too much like good fun and would let me migrate the stuff I've made for KR into KRP & drop having both there!

Still, as I've said, we've had a lot of fun with it - just about every party we've had in the last year has at least had karaoke in it, or has been the primary theme: had I had enough time this Christmas season I was going to create a bunch of Christmas Carols & pack them in KR for the many parties we ended up going to, but other things got in the way. Nice bonus is that my youngest (now 6) has pretty-much learned to read, and her pick-up and diction/enunciation has improved out-of-sight - and while I cannot wholly attribute it to karaoke I believe it's had at least some impact! See?? Proof you can use games for educational purposes!!
MeeesterHat  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Karaoke Revolution. Reply with quote

Anthrice wrote:
Bought it today for my fiancee, because she was getting upset that I am much better than her at DDR and Guitar Hero. Well, lo and behold, she is better than me at it. It is a lot harder than I expected(Although I guess me being a smoker doesn't help)

But I'm glad she finally found a game she can kick my ass in.

Anyone else ever play/have this game? It is pretty fun.

Same exact story between me and my wife, only she got Singstar rather than Karaoke Revolution.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing the KR games since the first one, and I do pretty well on them. I can pretty easily get platinum records on all songs on the expert setting. I'm looking forward to getting Rock Band at some point and seeing whether the difficulties are comparable. If so, then I have a feeling I'll be doing pretty well on the vocals chart for Rock Band.

The only thing I don't like about the KR games is that (at least for me) they're not very fun to play on my own, and I don't have a lot of friends who are into it so I don't get to play them as much as I'd like. Rock Band will hopefully solve that issue, since other people might be more willing to back me up on guitar or drums.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: