ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WoR Calibration
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: GH:WoR Calibration Reply with quote

I just got GH:WoR for PS3 and I cannot get the calibration right. I have tried setting it to just about everything. I just want to take suggestions...How do you set your calibration up?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is at 0 everywhere. what is your TV setup ? also do some searching as there's a huge thread about it for WoR and TV setup.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
mine is at 0 everywhere. what is your TV setup ? also do some searching as there's a huge thread about it for WoR and TV setup.

I did some research and figured out the right way to calibrate for my TV. Video - 65 and Audio - 70
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing you did research that solved your question after you made a generic thread.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSkinny wrote:
Good thing you did research that solved your question after you made a generic thread.

Well, this thread could be helpful to others.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
McSkinny wrote:

Well, this thread could be helpful to others.
Your calibration is specific to you. It hasn't the remotest possibility of helping anything but your post count.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could have been potentially useful for me <______< There just needs to be info on HOW to calibrate.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Pas26  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWOR's 0 calibration is set to be VERY early, to accomodate people who would otherwise prefer negative calibration (ie similar to rock band). Most people do not understand lag calibration, usually. It wont fix the actual lag at all; it will simply move the timing window so you can hit the note on time and still get a combo going (the animation will still lag). This means that you should put your calibration according to what you are playing.

At casual play, centering the timing window (as much space before the middle of the note as after) is the best way to achieve this, unless you prefer to hit stuff earlier or later (depending on what part of the note you are used to aim at). However, on faster parts, if you wish to keep hitting note exactly on time and still have an equal chance of missing the note by hitting it too early vs too late, you have to put a higher calibration setting.

In WOR, the front part of the timing window in strumming is MASSIVELY superior to it's back part, so if you wish to hit strumming on time you have to crank it up a fair amount. However, for fretting, the back aprt of the timing window is larger; therefore, calibration the game perfectly is impossible. In that case, it's just about getting used the hitting the note the right distance away from the actual animation. Some top players have absurd calibration settings (for example, ukog hits note a quarter mile before they reach the beat-line, he even uses negative calibration in rock band).

tl;dr: Perfect calibration DOES NOT EXIST. It's all about what you are comfortable with.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
GHWOR's 0 calibration is set to be VERY early, to accomodate people who would otherwise prefer negative calibration (ie similar to rock band).

Thank you for this post. I understand how Rock Band calibration works, but I found I could never get my GHWOR calibration quite satisfactory for me. Now that you've explained it, I think I'll go back and try it again

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
This could have been potentially useful for me <______< There just needs to be info on HOW to calibrate.

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure Pas26 covered everything, but if not, then what do you mean by HOW to calibrate? You just go to Options and hit Calibrate Lag to go into calibration. From there, you just click Audio or Video Lag, or you can set it up by doing that strumming test. That just sees how you want the note to be strummed, such as hitting it earlier,on time, or later.
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
BlueTornado wrote:

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure Pas26 covered everything, but if not, then what do you mean by HOW to calibrate? You just go to Options and hit Calibrate Lag to go into calibration. From there, you just click Audio or Video Lag, or you can set it up by doing that strumming test. That just sees how you want the note to be strummed, such as hitting it earlier,on time, or later.

His post was eight hours before Pas's.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
BlueTornado wrote:

His post was eight hours before Pas's.

What I meant by that was how to go about getting a good calibration. It was before Pas26 posted. But Pas26 gave tips on how to do it.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
It wont fix the actual lag at all; it will simply move the timing window so you can hit the note on time and still get a combo going (the animation will still lag).

So THIS is why lag calibration is so frustrating; you will never eliminate the lag (at least visually). That sucks.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I screw with it and screw with it and screw with it and screw with it and screw with it until I throw the guitar across the room. Then I try again later and if I'm lucky I might get a setting that doesnt enrage me.

Seriously..bad calibration (and how tough it is to find a setting that works) is the biggest reason I avoid playing ghwor. Every time I think about playing it I think about calibrating it and then I play RB instead. Really hope they put an auto-cal function in the next game.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it very interesting on how different people get good or bad calibration from this game. 2 main reasons are probably CRT vs Plasma/LCD/LED and RCA/Component vs HDMI. also add in if run through an amp. i dont get how people are not getting good results as i never had a single problem calibrating any GH/RB games yet. does everyone calibrate their settings so when you strum, you hit the note in the middle of the engines limit ? ie. not early, not late, right in the middle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: