Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
jpm-swap magic received, problems, questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: jpm-swap magic received, problems, questions Reply with quote

(Rosstopher here :S) So, we received swap magic today and to our disappointment it will not work. I screwed with it until we fully understood how to boot it up and everything, but the Guitar Hero 2 disc will not read when we try to boot it with swap magic. It works without swap magic, but is unreadable afterwords.

Our big question is: What can we do to make this work?

Eddaket said we should get a new disc, but the disc works otherwise. Is there anything we are doing wrong?

Last edited by jordanpwnsme on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:26 am; edited 174 times in total
mikemikedave  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's your level currently? i always thought that if i was gonna work on jordan, i'd start with C. solo B just requires a ton of time to learn the pattern which won't really help you on any other songs, but it will get you used to tapping. at least solo C just teaches you mad finger speed.
TrashedAndGashed  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do eventually FC it you should make a new user name.. Your current one would be so lolwut. None the less, good luck on your journey.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago I did this too. But I started with solo B. Never even fced it on slow.. Solo C is way harder than B though imo. I gave up.. This will take incredible dedication and I wish you good luck!!
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemikedave wrote:
what's your level currently? i always thought that if i was gonna work on jordan, i'd start with C. solo B just requires a ton of time to learn the pattern which won't really help you on any other songs, but it will get you used to tapping. at least solo C just teaches you mad finger speed.

That's the main reason I'm practicing this. For the reasons you said too. Learning solo C can be applied to a lot of solos while solo super-trill is kinda unique.

and I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by " What's your level currently?" I'm on expert if that's what you mean.
Majere  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get it dude... you might waste countless hrs of your day doing it, but you can do it lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taught myself to tap C3 and FC'd it on slow. This will probably be the first section I FC on full speed.

Also, C2 is a whore.
Rishi  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep at it

oh and you'll also need to change the title as you've put C3 twice

www.justgiving.com/rishib

Please donate! =)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PlaguisSoryr  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that dude I recently (a few weeks ago) started learning how to not lolplink the hell outta Jordan, and it really isn't that bad once you get going. I've FC'd C1, ~90% consistently on C2, FC'd C3, and 80-85% on C4. That one is BY FAR the biggest bitch ever >____> And as for B, it really isn't bad. I got it down 80-90% consistently in 2 or 3 hours. So definitely go for C first. If you need any help with anything, feel free to drop me a PM or something I'd be glad to help, and I'm sure I might need your help too :P

By the way, what's your top score for Jordan at the moment?

Edit:
Rishi wrote:
keep at it

oh and you'll also need to change the title as you've put C3 twice

I do believe he put it twice on purpose, saying that he learned to tap C3, and he FC'd it. Maybe I'm completely wrong though

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find C a helluva lot hard to COMBO on FS. I hit around 80% B FS but usually will always hit 85%+ on C. I notice that I combo a lot more in B than in C though. Somehow with plinking more though I manage to hit a higher amount. If the keyboard I was using atm didn't suck so much to type I'd try to explain the pattern in B (once you figure it out its easy to apply) there is a pattern with your fingers going up the neck and a different pattern going down. Anyways good luck man.

"Knowledge for its own sake - - that is the last snare laid by morality: we are thereby completely entangled in morals once more"

-F.N.
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rishi- It's clumsy looking but at least it's clear. XD

plaguis...?- my score for jordan is currently.. um.. 320000 hence my screen name. *shame*

cloof- Thanks. I'll need some luck. :P
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need some technique help, my topic is always available. It has all the fingerings I use for solo C.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
If you need some technique help, my topic is always available. It has all the fingerings I use for solo C.

Thanks! I just came from your topic actually. :)

It turns out that I was doing C2 completely different than you do. I was just playing it normal with minimal sliding(only shifted hand to second position once at the beginning.). For some reason I hadn't even thought of 123123123ing the trips.
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, uh, have no proof of my FC but it's not like it's a difficult FC or like I'm taking first (broken whammy). so here's to hoping I don't get banned .

FC 44 (capable of at least like 10 more) - Bad Reputation - 239,838
PlaguisSoryr  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordanpwnsme wrote:
I, uh, have no proof of my FC but it's not like it's a difficult FC or like I'm taking first (broken whammy). so here's to hoping I don't get banned .

FC 44 (capable of at least like 10 more) - Bad Reputation - 239,838

xD I don't think you're gonna get banned, it's not that big a deal. Not to say that it isn't impressive though o_O I don't see how people FC things more complicated than Mr. Fix It xD

And about your score, it isn't bad o.O It's at least a 6.0*, isn't it? xD I wouldn't say Jordan pwns you :P That would be if you couldn't pass the song
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: