ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ever find yourself..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaylaRCakes  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Ever find yourself.. Reply with quote

getting REALLY PEEVED when you've been working on a GH song for two days and you get frustrated and give up..and get in your car and hear it on the radio?

Because I do...haha.

Seriously. How many times have I heard Bark At The Moon on the radio in my life? Maybe 10. MAYBE. First thing I hear when I get in the car today. Annoyed, I switched the channel only to hear No One Knows on the radio.

Then the other day, I heard Texas Flood playing at my work. COME ON. I hadn't even heard that song before I got the game.

All the while, I have moved on from playing regular air guitar, and have moved on to playing Guitar Hero air guitar, which is almost annoying and retarded in and of itself.

I feel GH Anonymous coming around the bend.

*headdesk*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things - number one, you tend to notice things more when you're invovled with them (ie: you pick up every little reference or instance of a guitar hero song in real life when you're playing the game alot) - works with alot of other topics as well. If you're really into it, you'll tend to spot it all around you, things you wouldn't have noticed before.

Number two is that guitar hero is actually becoming very popular with a mainstream audience, the game and guitars are selling out all over the place and people who wouldn't normally like video games are even getting in to this game. This leads to more requests for guitar hero songs on the radio, I've noticed it around here as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pain in the arse for me because they play the songs in the cathouse (glasgow night club)

and im drunk and Cowboys from Hell comes on and i curse at it, and people think i take it too far :P
ShaylaRCakes  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well BATM has been a major daily thing in my life since i was probably 5 years old (my mom and step dad were in a cover band that played in my basement several nights a week for many, many years, and BATM was one of the songs they played.) I even called her up and was like WOMAN....how many times have you heard this song on the radio? and she has heard it about as many times as me. So at least I'm not crazy there.

I thought it was kind of funny that I switched the channel to escape it and got led to another GH song....BANANAS. And why they were playing SRV in Sam's Club, I'll never know. It's usually disco and adult contemporary all day long.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets looked at as if they were taking it too far....because I kinda scare people sometimes.

Cathouse...cathouse...why does that name sound familiar...I have a very good friend over in the UK that has maybe mentioned it... Do live bands ever play there?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find yourself.. Reply with quote

ShaylaRCakes wrote:
All the while, I have moved on from playing regular air guitar, and have moved on to playing Guitar Hero air guitar, which is almost annoying and retarded in and of itself.

I feel GH Anonymous coming around the bend.

*headdesk*

haha, i missed this bit, yeah I do the same now, people think its strange you play near the top of the "guitar" for solos still :P

Shayla, yeah. Im guessing your friend is Scottish
The cathouse is a night club open 6 nights a week, being one of Glasgows best alternative nightclubs. Its also a live venue for local bands or small rock/metal bands. If your friend is under 18, they may be an "unders" attender. Ask them about it
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I even called her up and was like WOMAN....

You call your mom woman?

Some may call that disrespectful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i call my mum old bag Mr. Green
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Genga wrote: i call my mum old bag

LOLOL...i wonder what she calls you back.

yeah and i'm totally down with the GH air guitar thing. i actually put BATM and CFH on my iPod a while back...and when i'm running and it comes on sometimes i do the GH fingerings in the air...since people probably think i'm crazy i'm sure i'll be writing you all from the nearby mental institution soon

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
ShaylaRCakes  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call my mom woman, and she laughs and calls me woman right back.

it's awesome.

meanwhile my friend travels for a few select bands and I do believe Glasgow is one of the places she goes. Part of me thinks American Head Charge has played that venue, and if it's so, that's why I've heard of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Quote:
Genga wrote: i call my mum old bag

yeah and i'm totally down with the GH air guitar thing. i actually put BATM and CFH on my iPod a while back...and when i'm running and it comes on sometimes i do the GH fingerings in the air...since people probably think i'm crazy i'm sure i'll be writing you all from the nearby mental institution soon

Oh...so that's...NOT normal to do?

Oops. I have about seven different GH songs on my MP3 player (including a few of the indie songs ) and I play along to ever single one of em.

I think I do better on the air guitar than I do in the actual game though...that's kinda sad...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...I gotta tell this story, as my co-workers thought I was even more insane then they did before.

I work in an automotive factory that builds mainly Cami and Mitsubishi parts. The part I was specifically working on is the headlamp support for the Mitsubishi Eclipse. The right side part...has a bit of a guitar feel to it. It sits on the leg perfectly, and goes up a bit farther then the GH controller.

A week ago, on the mighty 666 day, they were playing quite a large amount of old school metal songs on the radio. Towards the end (of what I shall add a VERY crappy night), Cowboys From Hell came on...well, most of you have seen that video of me playing without looking, so you can imagine what I did here...

90% of the people in the factory have really loud stereos. So I grab the right hand part, and a small square (pick-like) part and rampage around the factory busting out Cowboys From Hell on the part. Headbanging, jumping around, all over the entire factory. My supervisor, and teamleader have both seen the video, and knew how bad of a day I was having...so let me have my fun for a few minutes XD

aahhhhh good times ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:

she calls me son. I call my dad "Old Man" but i get the same name off him from my mum. I have a good bond with my parents, we joke about everything

ShaylaRCakes wrote:
meanwhile my friend travels for a few select bands and I do believe Glasgow is one of the places she goes. Part of me thinks American Head Charge has played that venue, and if it's so, that's why I've heard of it.

awesome, i take it shes from around here? And im sure they probably have, but maybe a couple years back now. My friend probably went. Im sure the last band I went to see there was the Haunted

Phr34k wrote:
A week ago, on the mighty 666 day, they were playing quite a large amount of old school metal songs on the radio. Towards the end (of what I shall add a VERY crappy night), Cowboys From Hell came on...well, most of you have seen that video of me playing without looking, so you can imagine what I did here...

90% of the people in the factory have really loud stereos. So I grab the right hand part, and a small square (pick-like) part and rampage around the factory busting out Cowboys From Hell on the part. Headbanging, jumping around, all over the entire factory. My supervisor, and teamleader have both seen the video, and knew how bad of a day I was having...so let me have my fun for a few minutes XD

Is that the video youre sitting next to the telly with your back turned wearing the shades? If it is, major props to you
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not wearing shades, but yes, this is the video of me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g7EuSdyhPM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
silencer  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest problem since I started playing the game is when a song comes on the radio/mp3 player that's NOT in GH, I'm still seeing GRYBO dots falling down the fretboard.. and I'm trying to figure out how to play the solo..
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, i hadnt seen this one ph34k

you do better than the one i seen Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: