ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
STUPIDIST mistake ever?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: STUPIDIST mistake ever? Reply with quote

Ok everyone...let's have it out...what's your dumbest mistake ever? And I don't necessarily just mean a close call where you almost had a perfect score...just in general. What's the dumbest mistake on a GH song that you ever made?

I think mine may have come the other day...I actually happened to be having a great run on BATM expert (I happened to have a perfect up to this point)...and then came the long notes close to the solo. I was just strumming along until I reached the last Red+Blue chord star power closest to the solo and I hear the ever-insulting *dink* that makes you feel like a complete retard. I stopped playing, and my jaw dropped in disbelief. I then paused the game, walked slowly over to my PS2, shut it off, and walked away shaking my head.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines letting my mum walking in my room while im playing, she likes to clap and dance which i eventually got used to, now she stands over my shoulder and goes "oh" when i miss a note

its a reoccuring mistake
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say letting my family try to play.

It sounded like a terrific idea at first (hey, if they like the game, it doesn't matter how much you play it right?), but then everybody decided to play I Love Rock N Roll. On Easy.

Over and over again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After dozens of attempts..I had finally nailed the solo in you've got another thing coming-hard....all I had to do was coast to the end for a 100% full combo..and a possible #1 score. In my state of over-excitement, I totally forgot that the timing for the main guitar riff at the end completely changes.....*plink* *plink* ... A part I typically never, ever miss. I went ahead and finished anyway..it was good enough for top 5 for now....

I've not had the heart to go back and try again since.
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

It sounded like a terrific idea at first (hey, if they like the game, it doesn't matter how much you play it right?), but then everybody decided to play I Love Rock N Roll. On Easy.

Over and over again.

Ah yes, my mate playing "I Wanna Be Sedated" over and over, my other mate Robert playing "Iron Man" over and over and my third mates girlfriend Zara playing "Smoke On The Water" over and over

you never want a multiplayer against them because you know what theyll pick
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when playing Bark at the Moon on Hard mode i thought i was finished with the song and was blinking in the red and letting go of the buttons only to find that there's more to the song, failed it at 99% :<
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was finally having a good 5-star pace run on texas flood and right before the long GB and RO chords i had a 8x multiplier
*DOINK*
i was in disbelief
oh well, ill try AGAIN

EDIT:

finally guitar god on expert

Last edited by popemobile on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
masterded  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest mistake by far was betting my cousin he wouldn’t break my other cousins controller over his knee if he failed No One Knows one more time. This was fallowed by the smartest thing I have done getting the hell out of their and leaving my cousin behind. (I drove us their)
Icebrand  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While trying to 100% some not-incredibly-difficult song (I think it was Hey), I managed to PLONK the second-to-last note.

37 6-stars: 5 to go
Get psyched for GH2: DEFINITELY
Naruto  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I play Crossroads, the worst I get. I've been trying to 5 star this song for almost 2 weeks now and it seems the more I practice at the song, the worst I get. I've been getting that pissed off with it that I actually have taken consideration that my PS2 just doesn't want me to do it. I don't know if that qualifies as dumb or just crazy.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto wrote:
The more I play Crossroads, the worst I get. I've been trying to 5 star this song for almost 2 weeks now and it seems the more I practice at the song, the worst I get. I've been getting that pissed off with it that I actually have taken consideration that my PS2 just doesn't want me to do it. I don't know if that qualifies as dumb or just crazy.

Take a rest and try again. Whenever I try for a new score, I usually try about 1-4 tries. If I can't get it then, I take a break or play other songs because I just get worse if I keep going.
Cliff  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about getting a higher score on a song, but not enough for a star (and therefore auto-save), and shutting off the PS2 without saving? The confusion when I started up the next time was priceless.

Of course, there's also getting another star on a bonus track, which doesn't auto-save b/c you get no more money, and forgetting to go back and save...
Sottle  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i've seen a lot of posts like that since i start reading here, and i can only come to the conclusion that auto-save for any improvement at all was added into the PAL version.

I pity you US guys, i'd forget to save ALL the time.

As for worst mistake, i was on the ending Y+O chords on Killer Queen Expert going for 100% and was so concerned with getting set for the scales at the end i missed a chord...and of course FC'd the scales afterwards...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
ShaylaRCakes  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

Over and over again.

my sister's friend did the same thing with Iron Man for THREE DAYS. I could have strangled her with the cord.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on even rats, i paid no attention to the score at the beginning, and i was playing through the song and ended up hitting every note (i hadn't FCed it yet) and was astonished to see a 99% sitting on the newspaper. turns out i missed the first note. i was so mad at myself because we all know how long the song is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: