ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
STUPIDIST mistake ever?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trofl  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
lock the thing away, if theyre addicted, they'll come looking for it

It is. I'm locking away my Beatmania controller and memory card too.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
filmguy4  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the hardest time getting the main beat down for Stellar on Expert. Well, I finally got it down and was well on my way to perfecting the song, then it happened. I missed the last f--kin' note. I still don't know why I missed it, my only guess is nerves, but the silence of missing that long hold seemed to last forever. But I tried it a few more times and perfected it, though, so I redeemed myself.
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hasn't happened to me, but I think if you missed 5 stars because you let go of the final sustained note (e.g., on The Breaking Wheel) too soon... that would be really stupid.

Bark at the Zoo
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra strums.

I've just had three wildly different runs of texas flood on expert, with varying streaks and hot starts or finishes, but due to strumming extra times (at least four or five times in the song after phrases were done) I managed to get 148xxx THREE TIMES IN A ROW. For some reason, I just can't 5-star this damn song, and my best run is 900 points short of the cutoff, which is what, 5 extra notes on a 4x multiplier? Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
I just can't 5-star this damn song, and my best run is 900 points short of the cutoff, which is what, 5 extra notes on a 4x multiplier? Awesome.

not awesome if you cant get it
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
emptyset wrote:
I just can't 5-star this damn song, and my best run is 900 points short of the cutoff, which is what, 5 extra notes on a 4x multiplier? Awesome.

not awesome if you cant get it

Don't worry, I was just venting. 100%, here I come! How's that for positive?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: even stupider mistake.

Had an awesome run of No One Knows going, which would've easily beaten my previous 274K score. But after coming out of the solo with a 4x multiplier and SP, I hit an extra note, got pissed, and accidentally activated (and entirely wasted) my last SP during the bass solo, which as most bass solos go, has no guitar notes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Update: even stupider mistake.

Had an awesome run of No One Knows going, which would've easily beaten my previous 274K score. But after coming out of the solo with a 4x multiplier and SP, I hit an extra note, got pissed, and accidentally activated (and entirely wasted) my last SP during the bass solo, which as most bass solos go, has no guitar notes.
Yeah I do that crap all the time in No One Knows. For some reason I have this terrible habit of using up that star power during the bass part.
silentlassassin  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst mistake... was missing the bark at the moon cut off by 200 points... umm... I have anger issues.. and the guitar controller felt it every way possible.. Before you jump to conclusions.. you have to realize I was spending every waking hour I could on that dumb song.. over and over and over again. And again.. and again.. and when I got that freaking close... I lost it. Snaped the controller over my knee.. three the neck out the window and smashed the base into itself until I was blue in the face.. Now after this.. I .. regreted it greatly. Good thing I had 2 extras out of five guitars... 1 works perfectly.. the other's whammy bar is busted.. and .. well.. the other three.. they say better days .. so.. I guess breaking my guitar was the works mistake..

next to that.. wasting over 200 dollars trying to unlock tripolette and graveyard shift... and still unsuccessful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: