ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Suggestions for the top scores

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAD  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Suggestions for the top scores Reply with quote

First off, I think this site is great, I love it.

Suggestions:
1) Keep a history of how long someone's been in first. Like 4 weeks at number 1 for Cowboys or something. And then keep a page of longest weeks at 1st, so we can see how long someone dominated even if they're no longer still 1st.

2) Keep track of the big movers and shakers, like player X moved up 4 ranks today in song A. Maybe have little arrows next to each person's song and have a number saying how much the change was.

3) Have an overall medal count, like person A has 10 1st place songs in Expert, 4 2nd place songs, etc for the top 10 positions.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestions for the top scores Reply with quote

BAD wrote:
1) Keep a history of how long someone's been in first. Like 4 weeks at number 1 for Cowboys or something. And then keep a page of longest weeks at 1st, so we can see how long someone dominated even if they're no longer still 1st.

2) Keep track of the big movers and shakers, like player X moved up 4 ranks today in song A. Maybe have little arrows next to each person's song and have a number saying how much the change was.

Interesting ideas. These would be very difficult to implement without some major database structural changes but I'll keep this in mind.
BAD wrote:
3) Have an overall medal count, like person A has 10 1st place songs in Expert, 4 2nd place songs, etc for the top 10 positions.

This can be done. Although I'm not sure where I would display the medal counts, since most pages are divided by difficulty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the overall medal counts, I guess you can put it on the homepage for the top 5 guys or something. I'm imagining what they have for the Olympics. Like its first organized by how many medals a player has, and then within that it's broken down by 1st, 2nd, 3rd (or however many you want to keep track of).

You can then even weight how much each is worth if you wanted to. In MVP voting for baseball, its 14 pts for 1st, 9 for 2nd, 8 for 3rd, 7 for 4th, and down to 1 for 10th.

Example:
Expert Leaderboard:
Player Overall pts. 1st 2nd 3rd
Joe 183 10 3 2
Jon 180 9 6 0
Jill 106 5 4 1
Jim 60 3 2 0
Julie 58 3 0 2

And then on your own personal page, it'll be more detailed and list how many top ten ranks you have. Sort of a quick summary of your best achievements.

Yeah, the history for consecutive weeks at first would be harder to implement.

I'm not a programmer so I don't know how feasible the weekly change one is either, but it seems simple. Archive the ranks/names of the leaderboard from the previous week, and compare it to the ranks/names of the current board. Old - New = change.

Either way, thanks for considering the requests.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: