ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Just thought of something awesome to do in Music Creator!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan22 wrote:
Creating a megadeth solo in music creator is probably a lot harder than most people think....

Most people will just be like

lolwut fast getar? :B:

All at 27 notes per second.

I <3 custom songs

banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I can see it.

Me- Hmmm... Wonder what's new on GHTunes?

*GHTunes Loads*

Me- Alright... Stairway to Heaven Solo by Ledhead17, Stairway to Heaven Solo by Ledhead24, Stairway to Heaven Solo by Ledhead89.... *Scrolls down* hey, what's this? "A Very Quick 1200 Notes" by prebensoerensen. Huh, sounds interesting.

*Downloads, starts in the game*

Me- Hmm, this isn't to bad, just some hamme- *40 NPS Strumming comes up* FUCK!

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a 1200 note limit for all instruments? Also 3 minutes destroys any hope of a decent song. So will this limit if it is 1200 notes overall.

This will be upsetting for a lot of people if it really is only 3 minutes.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x] (64)
Get good at fast strumming [x]
Stay top 5 in RevDS and HooT [x]
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 minutes and 1200 notes...? To think they had me convinced it was gonna be good
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Venim619  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it 5-6 minutes like... a week ago??? When did this change?
love2pogo628  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait.. is it 1200 notes for one instument or drum + guitar + bass notes = 1200 notes?

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: oPR3MiUMo PSN Name: cHiCkEnXaLfReDo
Natorade  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, double post, sorry.

Last edited by Natorade on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Teh Natorade
Natorade  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeCoy wrote:
Hmm... what song in GH has 1200 notes? (for comparison to see how much you can do)

Jessica, Misirlou, Laid to Rest, Tom Morello Guitar Battle, Cult of Personality, Cliffs of Dover, and Raining Blood are all between 1200 and 1300 notes. So there's a good idea of how many notes they'll be able to fit. But the most accurate of those would be Raining Blood cuz its only 3.5 minutes. So really, you could make something basically exactly like Raining Blood, except for its long, boring intro (and about 30 other notes).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Teh Natorade
Rubyz  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want shit like Jordan B/C to be charted by someone tbh. If no one will I think I will (not the whole song cause its like 1700 notes or so, maybe just solo A to the end, i'll see if I can fit that. If not, just Solo A to bridge or Solo F.
Mallrat  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 1200 notes for guitar and bass, and I think 1000 notes for Drums (chords and multiple drum hits count as one note).

To put this perspective, Everlong in RB2 is pretty much 4 minutes of solid strumming and it clocks in at just over 1100 notes.

Is there a source for 3? I have heard both 3 and 5 (and rumor that you start at 3 but once you get positive reviews you can make 5 minute songs in addition to uploading more)
BooMan555  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you add tapping sections and stuff like that to your songs in the creator?...I've been wondering about that.

Stryper's Myspace Here

Can't wait, because the Dragonforce album wasn't good at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: KeenanC
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was planning on using it for speed building because i figured there would be limits to what you can do in it, because if you can just chart everything yourself, then how would they sell a new game or DLC.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
i was planning on using it for speed building because i figured there would be limits to what you can do in it, because if you can just chart everything yourself, then how would they sell a new game or DLC.

You can't chart actual songs I don't believe. You can just chart sounds that can become music I guess. I would much rather play my custom disc than any GH game though and it only has about 10 songs with singers on them and the rest are just the guitar and drums. I still think people that buy DLC still will because they like actual songs.

I love Rock Band because of all of the good songs. It makes things that shouldn't be fun at least bearable. I probably wouldn't like Pinball Wizard and I definitely would hate Everlong if they just had the guitar part and I will rarely play anything that has a singer like in the song "Visions". Singers definitely effect the fun factor of songs lol.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x] (64)
Get good at fast strumming [x]
Stay top 5 in RevDS and HooT [x]
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don't burst anyone's bubble with this, but you cannot chart songs in the Music Creator like you can in Feedback. What happens, is there is a fretboard that is scrolling down the screen. In order to chart songs, you start hitting buttons and strumming, tilting the guitar for different effects, etc.

Its not like a flat program where you can move and edit notes and place sounds. The sounds and note placement all happen at the same time.

Take the Freestyle Mode in RB2 for instance. Its just a flat, blank screen and you hit the pads and it makes noise. Its the same instance here in the Music Creator except it turns what you hit into a chart.

I don't know if you can go into the editor at that point and move around notes, but as far as I am aware, its not like you'll be able to go through a whole mess of music and sort it out and then apply notes to the sounds. It all happens at once.

So unless you can play the solo's in one sit through or run at full speed, don't expect to be charting anything ridiculous.

Disclaimer: toymachine and I spent about 30-40 minutes messing around in the music studio and admittedly didn't see or get a chance to play with most of it, but what I described above is the general gist of what we're getting.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
daanish  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oyoefpoefpoef wrote:
Npeaen wrote:
1200 note limit
What!?!? I never heard of this.

@OP: Good luck with that, I think it would be easier to make a custom.

okey some songs definetly have more than 1200k notes... but its still pretty much
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: daanishgh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: