ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Just thought of something awesome to do in Music Creator!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildHands  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
WildHands wrote:
Now im not sure about the music creator cause if you cant chart your Fav solos then whats the Point BOOOOOERNS

No-one said you couldn't CHART them, just not release them to the lazy masses who can't be bothered to chart themselves.

Also it could be used for original creations. This feature isn't all about copying other people's songs, throw some originality in there.

I guess your right FUCK The lazy lol
I guess making your OWN Stuff will be cool to just have to remember the 3min 1200 note max
shananagans4  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the first two customs im gonna make are canon rock(my friends version with ridiculous solos) and rebubula by moe(gonna have to divide this into 2 or 3 parts
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shananagans4
.GH  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF I pick up GH:WT, I'm gonna first chart FreeBird's solos (is it less than 3 minutes?), just so I can play them without playing the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole song, but the solos are much more fun to play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.GH wrote:
IF I pick up GH:WT, I'm gonna first chart FreeBird's solos (is it less than 3 minutes?), just so I can play them without playing the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole song, but the solos are much more fun to play.

I'm pretty sure the Free Bird solo is like 4 minutes or something. Maybe you can shorten it a little bit.
LeCoy  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's like 5 minutes or something, definatley not 3.

Xbox Live Gamertag: KingofFunk412
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with these constraints I can still chart my original compositions as long as you can select a "lead slap bass" voice and not a "super quiet low-pass filter you can't hear this shit" bass voice.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotcoffee8 wrote:
Hmph. There are plenty of songs in Guitar Hero with 1200 notes or less ( see Mississippi Queen, 370 or so notes), it's just how many people want go back to the first 3 tiers and play those boring songs?

I am pretty sure that Bark at the Moon and Play With Me are not boring, as well as many other songs too.

1200 notes may not seem like alot, but you can do wonders with it.

Besides, to hit 1200 notes in three minutes, it would be constant 6 and 2/3 NPS strumming. I don't think the note limit isn't a problem as much as the speculated time limit.
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:
Hotcoffee8 wrote:
Hmph. There are plenty of songs in Guitar Hero with 1200 notes or less ( see Mississippi Queen, 370 or so notes), it's just how many people want go back to the first 3 tiers and play those boring songs?

I am pretty sure that Bark at the Moon and Play With Me are not boring, as well as many other songs too.

1200 notes may not seem like alot, but you can do wonders with it.

Besides, to hit 1200 notes in three minutes, it would be constant 6 and 2/3 NPS strumming. I don't think the note limit isn't a problem as much as the speculated time limit.

I wonder if people know that Misirlou (one of the most fun songs in GH2 IMO) is around 2:39 and is just over 1200 notes. (1222)

Yeah, time is definitely more of an issue than note count.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys you have to think of something, this type of home brew project they made is TOTALLY NEW to console games. Never before have you been able to make your own rhythm game tracks from scratch(well, not on disk at least). They need to test it; then if it works out well they will improve it in later games.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
BShea  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanSoup wrote:
This video from IGN explains the Music Creator and demos it.

Link

The songs in the editor look fun but sound TERRIBLE...

so THAT'S how Living Colour rerecorded "Cult of Personality"!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeCoy wrote:
Hmm... what song in GH has 1200 notes? (for comparison to see how much you can do)

Well, its not on GH (RB), but Enter Sandman has exactly 1199 notes, so that is kind of what you can compare to note wise. Though that is 5 minutes long, dont know about 3-4 minutes...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB wrote:
I hope I don't burst anyone's bubble with this, but you cannot chart songs in the Music Creator like you can in Feedback. What happens, is there is a fretboard that is scrolling down the screen. In order to chart songs, you start hitting buttons and strumming, tilting the guitar for different effects, etc.

Its not like a flat program where you can move and edit notes and place sounds. The sounds and note placement all happen at the same time.

Take the Freestyle Mode in RB2 for instance. Its just a flat, blank screen and you hit the pads and it makes noise. Its the same instance here in the Music Creator except it turns what you hit into a chart.

I don't know if you can go into the editor at that point and move around notes, but as far as I am aware, its not like you'll be able to go through a whole mess of music and sort it out and then apply notes to the sounds. It all happens at once.

So unless you can play the solo's in one sit through or run at full speed, don't expect to be charting anything ridiculous.

Disclaimer: toymachine and I spent about 30-40 minutes messing around in the music studio and admittedly didn't see or get a chance to play with most of it, but what I described above is the general gist of what we're getting.

that's only the recording studio- GHMix is the Feedback-esque component of this.

Chris Vance said everyone is gonna just make songs that sound like dying turkeys hahahah

/me will make his first song Dying Turkey
peacelovetequila  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
FrankieB wrote:
I hope I don't burst anyone's bubble with this, but you cannot chart songs in the Music Creator like you can in Feedback. What happens, is there is a fretboard that is scrolling down the screen. In order to chart songs, you start hitting buttons and strumming, tilting the guitar for different effects, etc.

Its not like a flat program where you can move and edit notes and place sounds. The sounds and note placement all happen at the same time.

Take the Freestyle Mode in RB2 for instance. Its just a flat, blank screen and you hit the pads and it makes noise. Its the same instance here in the Music Creator except it turns what you hit into a chart.

I don't know if you can go into the editor at that point and move around notes, but as far as I am aware, its not like you'll be able to go through a whole mess of music and sort it out and then apply notes to the sounds. It all happens at once.

So unless you can play the solo's in one sit through or run at full speed, don't expect to be charting anything ridiculous.

Disclaimer: toymachine and I spent about 30-40 minutes messing around in the music studio and admittedly didn't see or get a chance to play with most of it, but what I described above is the general gist of what we're getting.

that's only the recording studio- GHMix is the Feedback-esque component of this.

Chris Vance said everyone is gonna just make songs that sound like dying turkeys hahahah

/me will make his first song Dying Turkey

My first song is just going to be a 16 NPS chord slide. It will be appropriately named, "Running Over a 3 Mile Long Horde of Kittens with a Steamroller."

My second song will be Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary. The 3 min. song limit may cause some problems.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can not remake the live version of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater...

and yes, i would have made the 11 minute string intro, floowed by another 31 minutes of epic guitar, solos, key changes, and tempo changes....it would have taken me until GH 4(or 5)? but would so have been worth it

on topic.

im gonna use this to make some great guitar solos that Ive come up with, as well as practice for tapping, sweeps that just get insanely fast, quick chord changes (in GH i dont think theres enough ect) trilling and teh quick strumming. so note limits wont be to big of a deal for me

Check out my personal Guitar Hero Sponsor at URockhard.com!
ChronicRusk  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought neversoft might have changed. Dumb assumption i see. This just ruined my dreams for the music creator. Thanks a lot...

Also, ill just chart Trogdor then...

The RB1 drum kit sucks ass.
FlamethrowerGuy wrote:
This is my kick pedal. It is a flip-flop.

Last edited by ChronicRusk on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: